Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redlyn

Excellent backup left back. Need one on the other side now to kick AWB into gear.
I actually think we need one good enough to demote him personally, but maybe he might improve yet.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Has looked much better in his last couple of appearances. Solid and a proper threat going forward. Makes such a difference when your heart doesn't sink at he idea of a starter being rested.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s building up a solid base level for sure. Supposedly he’s been our most creative player (or was up to very recently) after Bruno Rashford and Shaw which is crazy as he’s barely played compared to other 3. Encouraging signs he’s going to be a good player for us next year. If only we always had someone in the middle to knock in a few headers...

Wanderlust_09

Pretty good game considering that he is our backup LB. That pass to Bruno which lead to the Rashford missed chance was top notch!
Wish we could get a similar backup option for RB.

Sylar

The most important thing is how he's allowing our first choice a breather without being a huge downgrade

Eternitiy

He's decent but slow and predictable, doesn't really get into the box or try to overlap or underlap.

el3mel

Yeah, well, Ok. He provides Shaw opportunities to rest at least. Nothing more to say on his performance.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Personally thought he was very sloppy and a step down from his last few outings.

Sylar

He's solid and tidy, he's not seeing Shaw but he's a good back-up.
For his price and what he's given us so far, I'm pleased with this. Also means we aren't using Williams here which means he can go across to the right to give awb some rest

Devil may care

For his price and what he's given us so far, I'm pleased with this. Also means we aren't using Williams here which means he can go across to the right to give awb some rest
Yeah, he was a bargain in the current market, very reliable and I think he'll be better next season, like how it took Fred time to settle in.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Him and Williams are good backups as long as Wan Bissaka and Shaw stay fit. Neither costed us much and will probably be happy playing that role. Williams is OK on the RW, gets into some good positions but he's hot-headed (understandable considering how little he plays).

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Am I the only one who thought he would have been a good option to bring on yesterday? And then move Shaw to left wing or even just put Telles at right back... mainly for his set-play delivery (the ball ends up in the back of the net more from his corners then anyone elses) and he might have put a decent cross in at some point.

Maybe a bit fanciful and probably wouldn't have changed much... but I mean it's one way to change things up at the very least...

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Am I the only one who thought he would have been a good option to bring on yesterday? And then move Shaw to left wing or even just put Telles at right back... mainly for his set-play delivery (the ball ends up in the back of the net more from his corners then anyone elses) and he might have put a decent cross in at some point.

Maybe a bit fanciful and probably wouldn't have changed much... but I mean it's one way to change things up at the very least...
Would have been better just to bring on Amad

Hes Shaw's backup and played like that, but all bringing Shaw on seemed to do was confuse them both.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He was a cheap buy. 27 and he flopped previously at Inter. Glazernomics.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm not sure why we played Telles inside and Shaw out wide once the subs happened. Every other time they've played together it's been the opposite and it worked quite well. Maybe we wanted Shaw a bit further up to help the midfield control possession.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I did not expect that much from Telles but I, at least, thought he would give us more than Williams did at the end of last season. He's a little bit better than Williams I think but very. Increasingly looks like another player who's no better than the one he was brought in to replace. Which is basically consistent with United's transfer policy since Sir Alex retired...

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Not a very good game tonight. I do not see anything special about him, he used to get a lot of assists for Porto and seem like an attacking fullback, I never saw any attacking qualities in him, not tonight or in any other game he played for us.

acnumber9

Sticks out like a sore thumb every time he plays. I’d be surprised if he’s still here in two years time.

Mickson

A nothing player. As someone said, won't be here in two years' time. Or maybe he will, it's United after all..

Mainoldo

The AC Milan left back wasn’t bad. I joke..

I don’t think he’s as bad as he’s been playing. He’s not playing consistently enough.

Devil may care

I thought he was alright, obviously without Rashford to link with the left side loses some of it's potency.

kundalini

Decent first half, provided the pass for Martial's shot, did well defending a deep cross before half-time. Attempted an ambitious shot from a wide free-kick that went over and had a free-kick from a central position blocked, possibly by a United player. The combination between Telles and Dan James on the left didn't work, too often losing possession. 2nd half the introduction of Shaw seemed to lead to confusion.

Telles is ok. He appears to lack the ability to drive forwards with the ball and often gets closed down before he can deliver a cross. His delivery from free-kicks and corners is good rather than amazing. Defensively he's been better than I expected; only really the West Ham game in which he looked out of his depth.

Comparing Telles in the PL this season to Brandon Williams in the PL last season:

- both have 84.6% pass completion. Telles more accurate at short passing, less accurate at long passes

- Telles higher percentage of successful tackles relative to unsuccessful but fewer than Williams achieved, interceptions per 90 mins about the same

- Williams had almost three times as many unsuccessful touches per 90 mins but dispossessed slightly less often

- Telles competes for more aerial challenges, success rate marginally better

- Telles 50% better for key passes, no doubt due to taking corners and free-kicks

- Brandon Williams scored a goal and won a penalty in 1005 PL mins, while Telles has 2 assists in 516 PL mins

Last edited:

criticalanalysis

In some aspects, you can tell he is technically very good but in some aspects he reminds me of Young. The constant situations where he takes a touch and the only thought is to hoof it down the line or that he puts himself in situations with the least chance to succeed e.g dribbling longer than 5 yards, trying to beat people for pace, trying 1 touch passes with give the receiver little to work with.

Andersons Dietician

He just doesn’t really look up to it. Overall I thought he was quite poor yesterday but there were some alright moments.

Sylar

He's what we paid for. He's not gonna be outstanding but he's gonna be decent and a chance to rest shaw.

I thought there were times he played ahead of shaw when shaw came on which looked good but then times when he got deeper and further inside which I didn't understand unless it was due to transition of the ball meaning players shape got changed by the turn over

Haven't been disappointed though by him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Even though he is in his peak and is a seasoned player, it is his first season after all. But yeah, he’s very much second choice. Shaw’s clear by a considerable distance.

el3mel

I think he's not a good player at all and I honestly don't know when will everyone just admit it.

Shaw instantly improved us once he came.

criticalanalysis

I think he's not a good player at all and I honestly don't know when will everyone just admit it.

Shaw instantly improved us once he came.
Yeah, the simple matter is that he's not performed well enough.

To be fair, Ole hasn't exactly integretated i.e given enough minutes or rotation to him and VDB but his indiviual quality is really exposed when he/we're pressed.

Ekeke

Thought he had several good moments defensively and a couple of balls into the box that our players could get on the end of, including Maguire heading wide

Shaw is the best fullback in the country, of course he did better going forward as soon as he came on

Status
Not open for further replies.