Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

Telles isn't fantastic or anything but not sure how he found himself being benched by Shaw again

I'd much rather have him play

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
When he came on he found himself in a position Shaw is in most games - seeing an opposition ready a cross. Difference is, he closed the fecker down and got a touch on it to take it out of play.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I could actually see Atletico but Telles if we were to sell. He kinda seems to have the same kind of intensity to his game. Something a lot of our players could learn from.

Stig

I noticed, for the first time, against Athletico Madrid that he can swing in a very decent cross even whilst standing still. I lot of players want to be running with a rolling ball before they cross - but I think he put in some decent crosses from a standing still - a useful addition to our armoury I would think.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s good and a much more potent threat than Shaw on the left right now. Deserved an assist.

NZT-One

He is more or less a nothing player... I liked the transfer when it happened but right now, I'd say, LB is on of the pain points in the squad as well. Awesome. Telles seems to be as average as it gets, I could deal with him not being a great defender if at least occasionally we would see some of his obvious crossing ability. I really don't get it, are we really trying to play to the strength of our players? Not trying to depict this task to be an easy one but we could at least give it a try.

kundalini

Telles seemed to recognise that De Bruyne was a threat for their first goal but didn't get close enough to do anything about it; admittedly Mahrez was free on the far side so he did have 2 players to mark.

For their 2nd goal, there would have been less danger had Telles left the ball, as it would have gone across the face of the goal and Mahrez would have collect it at an angle.

4th wasn't clever.

Overall, a rubbish performance.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Such a nothing player. Happily see him go in the summer.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's (mostly?) fine in games where defending is very low down as a priority.

Today was not the day

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I asked before we signed him what sort of fullback he was. It seemed no one could really give an answer other than he can take a good penalty and free kick. I still don’t know what sort of full back he is even after I’ve watched him play. He just is.. there.

Sylar

I asked before we signed him what sort of fullback he was. It seemed no one could really give an answer other than he can take a good penalty and free kick. I still don’t know what sort of full back he is even after I’ve watched him play. He just is.. there.
His best game has been as a lwb for us on his debut vs PSG in my opinion

KeanoMagicHat

And the weird thing is how few free kicks he actually gets to take, despite being very good on them and how he's not always on set pieces in general. I still think he has a good cross on him, but the amount of times he's able/the team is able to get up far enough in the pitch so he has a good area to put one in is very limited and seems to happen a lot less than at Porto.

Idxomer

We have a penchant for signing weak athletes who aren't suited for the PL.

jem

He’s just been such an underwhelming player since he arrived.

Rossa

We have a penchant for signing weak athletes who aren't suited for the PL.
Admittedly, he was up against Walker where everyone looks a weak athlete, but he looked really slow yesterday. Offered nothing in attack and very little defensively, althouthe other fullback who supposedly is a good defender offered less.

jesperjaap

Has good spirit, is decent goign forwards and a godo cross that we havent seen consistenyl enough here.....but by god, he really cant defend positionally or against people running at him.

Real concerns over our full backs. We seemed to have a decent pool but none of them here or on loan are looking like consistent starters

lsd

The Oracle
I don't think he is great but he is a lot better than Shaw and the same can be said for Dalot as he is better than Wan Bisakka.

Ralf has made the right decision in preferring them as first choice.

united for life

I don't think he is great but he is a lot better than Shaw and the same can be said for Dalot as he is better than Wan Bisakka.

Ralf has made the right decision in preferring them as first choice.
i don’t really think he prefers them. Nothing indicates that. Dalot was on the bench for the last 2-3 games while Telles started today as Shaw is injured. I actually think we have 4 average full backs (Shaw has unfortunately dropped the “average” category this season).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s ok. Him and Shaw are fine, Dalot and Wan Bissaka is the bigger issue

Shaw is probably a better footballer but Telles always threatens a cross or a ball in behind. It keeps the opponent pinned a bit further back.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Defending 1 on 1 he is below average. Shaw is excellent.

Positionally they both aren't great.

Telles is more aggressive and a better crosser.

He's a good backup and it's a shame Shaw has rested on his laurels after a godly season and Euros last year.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Shaw is probably a better footballer but Telles always threatens a cross or a ball in behind. It keeps the opponent pinned a bit further back.
Dont think that is true. The only advantage Shaw has over Telles is his one on one defending. Other areas they are quite evenly matched and Telles is better at crossing and shooting

Devil may care

He's composed against the press and a steady Eddie, I don't think he's ever going to tear it up offensively for us like he did at Porto.

He’s ok. Him and Shaw are fine, Dalot and Wan Bissaka is the bigger issue
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.