Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossa

But he’s shit going forward. Can’t beat a player and just lumps crosses in pointlessly.
What fullbacks actually beat players? That’s a myth. There have been a few, mostly world class. Shaw never beats his man. Fullbacks shouldn’t. They overlap and run past, but not beat them per se.

OverratedOpinion

Good for him, he has had a tough time of it.

The performance in the second leg against Roma last year was as bad as I have ever seen from a full back since Gary Neville against Arsenal in 2008.

Part of me does feel like he had a really cushy career in Portugal and took a gamble on himself which I respect even if he has generally been a bit rubbish. I am pleased for him.

Marwood

Some dodgy defending but deserves some leeway after being out for so long and little game time. Beauty of a strike though. Just wish he'd bang more crosses in. Especially when we're not playing well.

acnumber9

What fullbacks actually beat players? That’s a myth. There have been a few, mostly world class. Shaw never beats his man. Fullbacks shouldn’t. They overlap and run past, but not beat them per se.
Well Shaw often runs past players. If you can’t do that then make runs on the outside of your winger, give them passing options. Don’t just cross from a standing position when nobody is in the box because you don’t have anything else in your locker.

AgentSmith

Superb technique for the goal and a massive block at the end. Think there’s definitely a good back-up LB in there who has struggled due to lack of minutes more so than lack of ability.

Dalot on the other hand...

Rossa

Well Shaw often runs past players. If you can’t do that then make runs on the outside of your winger, give them passing options. Don’t just cross from a standing position when nobody is in the box because you don’t have anything else in your locker.
But Shaw never challenges players in a foot race. He runs past because he has momentum. Valencia, at his peak, and Evra went past players. Marcelo did it often, but it’s rare.

He needs to go on the overlap more, but the narrative of fullbacks beating players is mostly a myth. They are too exposed for that creating too much space for their attackers to run into

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
How does talking about Sancho make anything you say about Telles right? This conversation started at a low point and has got progressively lower.
I'm not the one comparing him to Pereira who did f*ck all during his career.

acnumber9

I'm not the one comparing him to Pereira who did f*ck all during his career.
Jesus. I’m not directly comparing them as players. It’s a throwaway line about average players scoring great goals whilst playing shit. If we’re comparing degrees of shit then Telles is slightly less shit.

acnumber9

But Shaw never challenges players in a foot race. He runs past because he has momentum. Valencia, at his peak, and Evra went past players. Marcelo did it often, but it’s rare.

He needs to go on the overlap more, but the narrative of fullbacks beating players is mostly a myth. They are too exposed for that creating too much space for their attackers to run into
I don’t care how he beats them. He needs to do it more.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Jesus. I’m not directly comparing them as players. It’s a throwaway line about average players scoring great goals whilst playing shit. If we’re comparing degrees of shit then Telles is slightly less shit.
How much less shit is that and what Jesus got to do with it ?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played really well tonight. Don't understand the complaints.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Technique on that volley was outrageous.

tomaldinho1

Guy is an absolute baller. He’s an average left back but has a left foot as sweet and true as a Laurent Robert in his pomp.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Looked a lot like the performance of a player who a) has just come back from injury, and b) hasn’t played in a while. Wasn’t really in the flow or rhythm of the game, and was trying a little too hard to impress. He wasn’t the worst player on the pitch, and he saved himself with that goal. What a strike!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He mostly was yeah.
But you tolerated his shiteness for so many years. You'll be fine with Telles, even though it would be good to see more of attempts from him in upcoming games.

I'm starting to wonder what you thought of Buttner...

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Never understand why everyone makes out he’s shit. Whenever I’ve watched him he’s got a wand of a left foot and always seems solid enough. I did miss the West Ham game last week though where I understand he wasn’t great.

Zoo

As a backup he’s fine. No surprise he scored that goal he has a quality left foot but just hasn’t shown it enough at United.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Brilliant goal, bang average in general, which isn't a bad thing considering he rarely plays. I'm positive he'll be slighty more solid if we're forced to give him a run.

Gungne

Before tonights game I was sure the Telles was the weakest link. I was wrong. He did OK, and his goal was just insane.
Dalot was the weakest link. He was just horrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.