Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

I thought the system left him rather exposed and he struggled at times, leaving them with an easy pass to the right in a dangerous position. Got very little help from his team-mates. Not too bad for a back-up player but really we need a genuine challenger to Luke Shaw.

Idxomer

He was absolutely shit, they were literally walking into the penalty area from his side.

Sylar

Reckon he would have done better with more game time this season

Probably would have benefited Shaw too

OmarUnited4ever

Got very little help from his team-mates
I noticed that, isolated in 2v1s situations and would be forced to engage the ball holder who would simply just pass to whoever overlapped beyond Telles.

overall was ok for a backup player.

criticalanalysis

He barely plays so you need to judge him on that expectation but he is so atheletically limited, he can't really hold his own without dedicated support.

He's not going to play lock down defence on 1 vs 1s and he's not going to carry the ball from deep. To top it off his passing is very inconsistent.

I'm being harsh but he's just about a 'decent' body on the field. He has a brillaint cross on him but it was largely ineffective on the corners today as it was all from an out swinging position.

Having said that, he does deserve some game time simply for rotation's sake.

SER19

Thought he did well and better than anything Shaw offered this season, so should start.

lex talionis

Better. Growing in confidence, I’d like to see Telles get 2-3 more starts before we even think about bringing Shaw back.

JoaquinJoaquin

Not done any worse than Shaw this season. Deserves to get a run in the side for now, even if it is just to inspire Shaw. I wonder if Ralf will favor Telles based on his comments on Shaw last year.

captaincantona

Very weak on the ball...would expect more PL game time to toughen him up although it’s done fuk all for Fred so who knows.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He did well IMO. Chelsea's right flank is a bastard to play against. He was having to mark Ziyech and James pretty much all alone with Rashford cheating as normal.

This little run of matches will do him the world of good.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I think he's a good player, but not confident at the moment. We bought him last season, hardly played him, so the games he's getting now are almost like him still feeling his way into the team. Once he gets a good run of games under his belt, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by him. Deserves to keep his place for Arsenal and Palace.

Man Utd 3:2 Arsenal

NickJ

Thought he was very poor again tonight , struggling to understand what he offers the team. Does nothing going forward and his positional sense is as bad as wan bassaka.

Man Utd 3:2 Arsenal

Irwin99

Thought he and Dalot did well despite being given a tough game by their forwards. Hopefully he/they will keep this up and scare Shaw and AWB into some form.

MagooDad

He miss times a lot of headers, doesn't he? I'm not sure why he's trying to go in so much centrally on crosses, when Maguire is already covering headers there. It at least happened 3 times that their winger got free inside the box on his side.

Otherwise quite ok.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Left his man open at every other cross in the second half.

Santos J

Solid game overall but some dodgy back post defending vs Saka a couple of times in the 2nd half

Bwuk

Deserves a run, as does Dalot. Neither have ever had the chance to get consistent runs in the side.

Idxomer

Better than the last game, still not good enough and he's very weak defending crosses.

Rossa

Love his attitude but he hasn't got it physically.
Is he any slower than TAA, Chilwell or Digne? I doubt it. When he was rounded by Martinez, he still had pace enough to get back in and make a tackle. Not fast, but not slow either.

Normally he’s good in the air, so what was this game about in that regard?

Ollie Derbyshire

Is he any slower than TAA, Chilwell or Digne? I doubt it. When he was rounded by Martinez, he still had pace enough to get back in and make a tackle. Not fast, but not slow either.

I think he looks pretty slow, Martinelli very nearly skinned him in that 1v1, good tackle but desperate.

RuudTom83

Deserves more playing time tbh. Shaw and AWB are not un-droppable by any means, so use the squad more! and let Shaw have a rest when you can.

city-puma

better than previous game. I think he needs a run of games to show his true worthless.

Rossa

I think he looks pretty slow, Martinelli very nearly skinned him in that 1v1, good tackle but desperate.
Martinelli is quite quick and easily ran away from both Fred and McTominay. The fact that Telles was able to catch up and make a tackle was good. When Shaw is skinned, he often just tucke inside letting the player run, even if he is much faster and stronger. I like his determination!

Marwood

He's no weight or strength to him though either. You need at least some physical presence or pace. One or the other. I really wish he did as his attitude is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.