Squad Number: #27
Player Agent: Pinhas Zahavi
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024
Contract option: Option for a further year

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Want more from him next season, if he stays that is.
Found his overall game, both defensively and offensively , to be relatively underwhelming when he did feature.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'll be honest I expected much more from him when he got game time but it's not unusual for some overseas players to take a season to settle.

Be interesting to see if there's much improvement as I think he's far better than he's shown. That said hopefully his game time is limited and Shawberto Carlos can continue to boss it!

OmarUnited4ever

With Ole's reluctance to rotate (to be fair to Ole, Shaw was amazing and an important attacking outlet for the team), I think Telles will struggle to have momentum and find a good form, he was overall underwhelming, but I hope this season he can capture some good form so Shaw can be rested when needed without losing quality on the pitch.

kthanksbye

Think he's alright both defensively and offensively, it seems he really overrates his crossing, the guy really loves to curl one in whenever he get's half a yard.
Maybe our attackers develop a better understanding with him after one season and get on the end of his crosses more often.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think he's alright both defensively and offensively, it seems he really overrates his crossing, the guy really loves to curl one in whenever he get's half a yard.
Maybe our attackers develop a better understanding with him after one season and get on the end of his crosses more often.
Don’t think it has anything to do with our attackers. Our other left back manages to get a number of assists and find them regularly. Telles’ crossing has just been poor.

kthanksbye

Don’t think it has anything to do with our attackers. Our other left back manages to get a number of assists and find them regularly. Telles’ crossing has just been poor.
Yes, could well be the case, hard to tell because the run and the pass has to be timed to perfection, considering that he's been with us for just one season, I was just being generous.

largelyworried

Shaw got 5 assists in 32 league starts last season, Telles got 2 in 9 starts. Shaw is the better player no question, but Telles' assist stats are still pretty fair.

saivet

Ok player but he was/is overhyped.
His compilation vids were similar to Depay in that he had great stats but his compilation vids weren't that impressive in my opinion. They all count but a decent chunk of his assists/goals came from corners, free kicks and penalties. He's alright but I think a lot of fans including myself thought we were getting a better player than what he actually is.

slored1

Decent player, hope we don't sell him. Will be decent when he is put out, no shame in being a backup to the best fullback in the league.

Idxomer

Shaw got 5 assists in 32 league starts last season, Telles got 2 in 9 starts. Shaw is the better player no question, but Telles' assist stats are still pretty fair.
Shaw should've gotten much more than 5 assists, our forwards didn't take full advantage of his playmaking abilities last season.

largelyworried

Shaw should've gotten much more than 5 assists, our forwards didn't take full advantage of his playmaking abilities last season.

Shaw had an expected assists of 5.2 vs actual assists of 5. This suggests his assist stats aren't really let down by the finishing ability of our strikers.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Decent player, hope we don't sell him. Will be decent when he is put out, no shame in being a backup to the best fullback in the league.
My thinking exactly. Luke is world-class but he cannot play every single game and also - what if he gets injured? We don't have a decent backup for Luke other than Telles, meaning - we are not in a position to sell him if we want deep enough squad that can win something.

Nickelodeon

Could've done without this given Shaw isn't near returning to training.
Especially annoying that it comes a couple of days after reports of Shaw’s injury. Hope Shaw is fit enough to start the season. With AWB on the other side, can’t afford to have both offensively constrained full backs. Guess Brandon will have to stick around till the end of the window.

Polar

Played his last match in the United shirt - Italy next?

Godfather

Oh God so we are starting with Williams at LB for the start of the season? Lord help us

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Williams before the window closes? Fred's fine as an emergency backup.

Varane around town

I think Telles has looked decent in the games he's played for us.

Now that Shaw has turned into the best LB in the league his opportunities are going to be limited but I've been impressed by the little bits I've seen of him

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Now that Shaw has turned into the best LB in the league his opportunities are going to be limited but I've been impressed by the little bits I've seen of him
He is vital. Cup and Ucl games he will play a big part and even the odd “easy” league game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Shaw has been poor so far this season to me so having Telles around may help this.

Bwuk

I think Telles is decent he just couldn’t get a run last season due to Shaws form.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
When we play a 352 , he and Dalot will be brilliant. I do think we will play 352 quite a bit.

GueRed

Need him fit, ready and raring to go.

If only to keep Luke Shaw on his toes....

Number32

For me, Telles was the reason Shaw gains his current form, we all know shaw can't plays every game available after his horror injury, he just need rest.
Before Telles we didn't have a proper back up, so Shaw had to play every game until he was injured again and lost his momentum. Last season, Ole could rest him in some games and played Telles when Shaw needed rest, a perfect rotation for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.