Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Apparently his defensive stats this season are much better than Shaw’s but offensive stats much worse. Which is not what you’d expect.

Love to see him start getting in amongst the goals and assists. He was crazy productive at his last club.
Almost all his goals at Porto were pens and free kicks though I think. Not sure he was particularly prolific from open play.

TempusFugit

Shaw is far better at everything a fullback should do. Telles gets praise for his deliveries but he was absolutely awful today. Should never start ahead of Shaw, brings absolutely nothing to the team.

Eddy_JukeZ

Can we get Shaw back in the team?

At least he might play himself into some form.

Telles is a nothing player.

Welbeckham

Makes Renan Lodi look like prime Marcelo. He’s not nearly good enough defensively or offensively, but he actually tries, so I don’t really blame him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can’t be far off the worst full back I’ve ever seen don our shirt, I’d sooner bring back Buttner.

El Jefe

Can’t be far off the worst full back I’ve ever seen don our shirt, I’d sooner bring back Buttner.
He's so unbelievably poor. A full back that doesn't overlap and has zero pace.

Sancho was shite tonight but if he had anyone that was even a half decent athlete it could have opened up the game for him. Telles just stood still and left Sancho against 2 markers in front of him all game.

flameinthesun

Don't know why he had a monopoly on set plays at the end. They were gash.
He put the ball in for the Varane chance. Think its pretty clear Telles and Bruno are the best set piece takers in the whole squad.

In general, like Dalot, Telles is a decent backup option, he however is not good enough to be first choice. We need to buy new fullbacks.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He put the ball in for the Varane chance. Think its pretty clear Telles and Bruno are the best set piece takers in the whole squad.

In general, like Dalot, Telles is a decent backup option, he however is not good enough to be first choice. We need to buy new fullbacks.
Yeah that was a good ball, but that was it... All night... From open play too.

Lentwood

Some have fallen into this trap of believing rightly or wrongly that Shaw and AWB are not good enough and therefore Telles and Dalot are the answer.

Unfortunately, time and time again they demonatrate that they are inferior players.

At least Telles can whip in a set-piece. At this point, I am not even convinced Dalot is a better crosses than AWB, the bloke has like single-figure assists from his entire career

Eddy_JukeZ

Some have fallen into this trap of believing rightly or wrongly that Shaw and AWB are not good enough and therefore Telles and Dalot are the answer.

Unfortunately, time and time again they demonatrate that they are inferior players.

At least Telles can whip in a set-piece. At this point, I am not even convinced Dalot is a better crosses than AWB, the bloke has like single-figure assists from his entire career
They aren't the answer. Both are nothing players.

We need to get Shaw back in the team. AWB despite his serious flaws at least is a great 1vs1 defender.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
At Porto he was used a lot as inverted fullback when attacking: his passing is actually very accurate, his crossing is good, but not outstanding, except on set pieces.

caid

I dont think him and dalot are good. I just think Wan Bisakka and Shaw are worse.

Deery

Dreary
That free kick at the end angered me, hit the first man, but would still play him over Shaw.

RedDevil250

He was lucky in the first half on an offside call for the Felix goal, he was absolutely cut apart like soft butter by I think De Paul? Backup at best, Shaw isn't great either though. I'd say all four of our fullback options are a bit crap.

Silverman

A+ for effort but he's just not athletic enough to get up and down the pitch constantly.
Shaw is a better option when he decides to put in a shift.

caid

A+ for effort but he's just not athletic enough to get up and down the pitch constantly.
Shaw is a better option when he decides to put in a shift.
Frankly i wouldn't want a player in my squad who doesn't put in a shift every week, let alone going 30 odd games of a season without putting in a shift.

AshRK

Truth is we have 4 average full backs. We can keep playing a yoyo game by saying one is better than the other and vice versa but truth is if we are serious in competing for major trophies, none of them should be used as regular starters.

flappyjay

What is he good at? Even bad Shaw is a huge miss for this team.
His crossing is supposedly better than Shaws but a rarely if ever see him create clear cut chances. Some someone that likes to spam crosses it's not good enough.

Skills

Snitch
His lack of pace holds him back. Just means there's no threat in behind on the left flank

Drizzle

Truth is we have 4 average full backs. We can keep playing a yoyo game by saying one is better than the other and vice versa but truth is if we are serious in competing for major trophies, none of them should be used as regular starters.
This is the sad truth. Shaw was very good for most of last season, but it's become clear that was the blip, not his loss of form this season.

Unfortunately we have to replace two of them in order to function properly as a team, as fullbacks are so important to most modern tactical systems. I can't see it happening in the summer as we have so much work to do elsewhere in the team and a limited Europa League budget.

Pickle85

Seemed to me to do quite a bit of hiding when Sancho looked for him, and didn't want to overlap. Delivery is fine and he's not bad, per se, he's just absolutely nothing special.

Silverman

Frankly i wouldn't want a player in my squad who doesn't put in a shift every week, let alone going 30 odd games of a season without putting in a shift.
True. Unless things change, Shaw isn't the answer.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He's an ok defender, a good counter attacker, but overall an average player.

We can't rely on him or this version of Shaw much longer. Next season, I really doubt that we will sell one of the two, so they better improve massively.

And yeah, I am also annoyed with his 45 meters crosses when there's only one player in the box.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Said this on the Sancho thread but we have no left back that's capable of overlapping and making runs, it makes the world of difference for an attack like Lodi showed. Our left-backs just aren't athletes, they won't run up and down the way Evra used to, it's a chore for them and they possibly fear of leaving Maguire exposed.

Telles is fairly good on the ball but not so much off it, Shaw can be good when he's in form but habitually a lazy footballer and doesn't make intelligent runs, he's also a massive liability when it comes to defensive traps when he can't keep players offside.

Aint gota Kalou

If Shaw tried like him he would be amazing.

Got the choice between a limited, one dimensional left back who tries in Telles and Shaw who is incredibly talented but has no fitness and goes to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.