Alex Telles image 27

Alex Telles Brazil flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaafi

Sell him already. Tired of these loans each year until the player is 49 years old and absolutely no value left.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We only paid like 15m so sell him for whatever. I'd take 5.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Sell him already. Tired of these loans each year until the player is 49 years old and absolutely no value left.
It's not that simple. No-one is willing to match his wages at United and understandably he's not interested in a wage cut. Only way to get any club to pay anything is to loan him and split the wages. That's what you get for overpaying. See Alexis Sanchez.

justsomebloke

It's not that simple. No-one is willing to match his wages at United and understandably he's not interested in a wage cut. Only way to get any club to pay anything is to loan him and split the wages. That's what you get for overpaying. See Alexis Sanchez.
He's not really on an impossible salary though. Apparently, 4.8m, while he's listed at Sevilla making 3.6m. Presumably United is covering the difference. Also presumably that reflects a level Sevilla is comfortable with (he's their 10th highest paid player). So, knock a million or so off the price, Sevilla can put that into a signing bonus or spread it out over his contract, and it should be fundamentally doable?

lsd

The Oracle
Tonight was a "beautiful night" according to him on social media.

He is playing for Seville so it was. That's nothing wrong with that part and people need to get over this.

Dalot celebrated a goal against us when he was on loan. They are literally playing for other clubs and you expect them to behave as such

Sylar

He is playing for Seville so it was. That's nothing wrong with that part and people need to get over this.

Dalot celebrated a goal against us when he was on loan. They are literally playing for other clubs and you expect them to behave as such
Agreed. For this season, hes not our player. We sent him on loan for a reason (and brought in a replacement). For all intentions, hes not a United player. People get too touchy about this especially those who say hes not good enough and want him gone anyway.

Remember the geese

I'd have preferred it if he kept his mouth shut.

PoTMS

Who cares? Everyone knows - including him - he's not going to be at United next season.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Who cares? Everyone knows - including him - he's not going to be at United next season.
Unless no one buys him.

Imagine him walking back into Carrington in July with a EL winners medal round his neck :lol:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It’s mad we went for players like these.
When he was arriving, he was the shiny new toy and some people on this forum genuinely believed that he should be played ahead of Shaw.
I believe that he was the back-up to Shaw, given that Shaw has a high injury rate.

Telsim

I had kind of forgotten he is our player, to be honest. Has a chance to win the Europa League tonight. Good for him. You reckon Sevilla will decide to buy him?

whitbyviking

When he was arriving, he was the shiny new toy and some people on this forum genuinely believed that he should be played ahead of Shaw.
I believe that he was the back-up to Shaw, given that Shaw has a high injury rate.
I was debating this subject with a colleague. Given how much a world class left back would cost now, my suggestion was it was worth spending the £15m on Telles to give Shaw the kick up the backside that he needed to push on. It may be a false memory, but didn't Shaw's form have a major uptick when he won the position battle with Telles?

Himannv

I was debating this subject with a colleague. Given how much a world class left back would cost now, my suggestion was it was worth spending the £15m on Telles to give Shaw the kick up the backside that he needed to push on. It may be a false memory, but didn't Shaw's form have a major uptick when he won the position battle with Telles?
The only thing Telles was doing better than Shaw when we signed him was crossing. Shaw responded by channelling his inner David Beckham and that was the end of that.

Alemar

The only thing Telles was doing better than Shaw when we signed him was crossing. Shaw responded by channelling his inner David Beckham and that was the end of that.
Telles may still have an advantage over Shaw in taking penalties, but that is the only aspect where he is better

AndySmith1990

Christ another forgotten man and more trash from the Ole reign. Hope we can find a buyer

Giggsyking

We can surely get 10m from this man right?

Right?

I mean he just won a European trophy ..

Tell me we are getting something for him!

OverratedOpinion

We can surely get 10m from this man right?

Right?

I mean he just won a European trophy ..

Tell me we are getting something for him!
I watched about 70 minutes of the final and he was just as bang average there as he was for us. Outshone by a mile by the Seville fullback on the other side who was a 49 year old winger.

Giggsyking

I watched about 70 minutes of the final and he was just as bang average there as he was for us. Outshone by a mile by the Seville fullback on the other side who was a 49 year old winger.
So in other words we will get nothing for him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The best idea I've read on here was from a Porto supporter - can't remember the name - who said Diogo Costa is definitely off and that he'd welcome Telles back as he was class for them. So a downpayment of 10m right there...(subsidised wages of course).

Sylar

Didnt realise he was at United for three seasons (albeit one on loan).

BorisManUtd

Didnt realise he was at United for three seasons (albeit one on loan).
I thought he only came last season but it was actually at the start of 20/21.. Shaw was just too good and undroppable.

Red Royal

Surely we could move him on. There must be a Spanish team willing to take him or are his wages prohibitive as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.