Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suvvernmanc

Porto is one of those teams alongside Sporting that United put a heavy amount of scouting emphasis on, I doubt this is a panic buy even if he's being brought in with an understanding that he is cover for Luke Shaw.
That's a good point to be fair. We have obviously watched the portugese league alot and no everything about their talents. Definitely not a panic buy.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we have a window of VdB, Telles and and Sancho I’ll be very happy.
I seriously doubt its Sancho now mate. If we were struggling for cash for the Sancho deal I don't know why we'd spend 35m on VDB and 18m on Telles. That's not exactly going to help the budget is it?

I reckon it's going to be Sarr. Liverpool moving on to Jota today makes me think it will be him.

Dempsey19

Not sure this lad is anything other than bench fodder behind Shaw. He might even struggle to make that some weeks when you have Brandon able to play both sides.

Be surprised if this one ends up happening.
What did I just read. Shaw is banker to get injured. Its inevitable. And you think William's will start over Telles? Williams will get nowhere near the team as he is not a LB. He is mediocre at best. Telles has more goals and assists from LB last season than Shaw has had in his whole playing career.

RUCK4444

this is just another "personal terms not an issue" blah blah blah blah
These are the easiest stories to write because everybody knows United pay more wages to players than anybody else so the personal terms are NEVER an issue.

It’s painful.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I seriously doubt its Sancho now mate. If we were struggling for cash for the Sancho deal I don't know why we'd spend 35m on VDB and 18m on Telles. That's not exactly going to help the budget is it?

I reckon it's going to be Sarr. Liverpool moving on to Jota today makes me think it will be him.
We aren’t going to sign Sarr only to go back in for Sancho next year. He’s been the number one target for over a year. If Sancho doesn’t come it’ll be a short term move only.

starman

If we signed a young full back, I would think they would be signed as a backup for Shaw, but if we sign someone like Telles its giving me the impression we might see Shaw tried more and more as a LCB

Djemba-Djemba

fecking hell the way some clowns in here were talking about him I assumed he was mid to late 30's.

He's only 27 for feck sake!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We aren’t going to sign Sarr only to go back in for Sancho next year. He’s been the number one target for over a year. If Sancho doesn’t come it’ll be a short term move only.
Who says we will be going back in for Sancho next year? He will have 2 yrs left still next summer so will still command a fee over 100m.

It might be dead in the water mate. Glazers may have vetoed it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
64 assists and almost 30 goals in his pro career. For that quoted price ? No brainer, then Ole can rotate him with Shaw, risk of uncalled injuries can be easily minimised.

Could be 2nd value for money signing after Donny Kong.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Who says we will be going back in for Sancho next year? He will have 2 yrs left still next summer so will still command a fee over 100m.

It might be dead in the water mate. Glazers may have vetoed it.
I question your comprehension on reality if you really think a player we’ve chased for over a year and is one of the best talents in world football is going to be replaced with Sarr from Watford in the clubs plan.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I question your comprehension on reality if you really think a player we’ve chased for over a year and is one of the best talents in world football is going to be replaced with Sarr from Watford in the clubs plan.
Why? It's not my plan. I want Sancho.

I question your logic in doubting it. This is Ed Woodward and the Glazers for you mate.

If Ole says I want Sancho and the Glazers say 'no you're not having him he's too expensive'.

What do we do? Sign nobody and kid ourselves next summer will be different?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
fecking hell the way some clowns in here were talking about him I assumed he was mid to late 30's.

He's only 27 for feck sake!
They're the same ones that are ripping their hair out over Liverpool signing a 29 year old Thiago.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You know how we apparently keep reaching agreements with players before we start negotiations with the club for a fee?

Isn't that... Tapping up?

ivaldo

If we signed a young full back, I would think they would be signed as a backup for Shaw, but if we sign someone like Telles its giving me the impression we might see Shaw tried more and more as a LCB
Where has this all come from?

ivaldo

You know how we apparently keep reaching agreements with players before we start negotiations with the club for a fee?

Isn't that... Tapping up?
Yes. It's also what every club in the world does.

DownRiver

27 years old or not, most players are there for 3 or 4 years anyway. Also, he is at his prime.

I was wondering that the only reason we went for Sergio Reguilon over Alex Tellas because he is younger; Alex is clearly the better crosser of the ball, and that is something we are lacking considerably.

Missing out on Sergio is a blessing in disguise and I feel man utd know this as they didn't fight for the death to get Sergio.

Status
Not open for further replies.