Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee565

If we make the same mistake we did last season with Fernandes where the club handicapped itself for half a season by haggling over a 5 million, then the club is downright dumb.

Plus it's far better to sign telles for 20 million and say on 100k wages, than getting him for free at the end of the season but paying him 200k in wages to beat of other competition, as it will make it hard to move him on if it comes to it and gives the agents of other players/signings in the our team a bargaining tool when negotiating wages/extensions

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This is just a merry dance, he's going to be here come the end of the window, Porto are just trying to get the maximum they can.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Properly shocking stuff if we can’t get this done. Same dance with every transfer though.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Liverpool paid 5m down payment for Thiago. If they are demanding anything over 15m they can feck off.

starman

Yeah. Just this January Christian Eriksen moved to Inter for 25 million euros, despite also being in the last 6 months of his contract. If United want Telles now, they'll have to pay. If not, they can wait six months and battle it out with the rest of the clubs looking to sign him on a free.
Spurs were looking for 60m during that summer and settled for less than half in the winter

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Get this done. He'll expose Shaw for the bang average LB that he really is.

gajender

Liverpool paid 5m down payment for Thiago. If they are demanding anything over 15m they can feck off.
And whatever transfer fee we agree with Porto most probably would also be paid in installments because that's usually how transfer works .
But you are right we should not paying anything more than 15 m for Telles you can't fault club for how they are approaching this transfer Porto simply have no leverage whatsoever.

starman

Yet still robbed Inter.
How so? Oh is it the whole "hes rubbish because he didn't have a instant impact" mentality?

He moved during mid season to a new country, a pandemic then hit, and he has not had a full pre season with his new team. I know this is the Cafe, but I would give the guy some slack....

GledTheRed

How so? Oh is it the whole "hes rubbish because he didn't have a instant impact" mentality?

He moved during mid season to a new country, a pandemic then hit, and he has not had a full pre season with his new team. I know this is the Cafe, but I would give the guy some slack....
He's been declining for while and is 29 soon, he's probably on 200k a week too so will be hard to shift.

starman

He's been declining for while and is 29 soon, he's probably on 200k a week too so will be hard to shift.
This really is quintessential cafe stuff.... 29 in 5 months, and every report says he took a pay cut and is on around 130k. What you label as declining, there's nothing to suggest that physically, hes not injuried a lot or ever relied on high intensity athleticism, he was unhappy at Spurs and wanted to leave for over a year.

TheMod

This really is quintessential cafe stuff.... 29 in 5 months, and every report says he took a pay cut and is on around 130k. What you label as declining, there's nothing to suggest that physically, hes not injuried a lot or ever relied on high intensity athleticism, he was unhappy at Spurs and wanted to leave.
He's 27 and turns 28 in 2.5 months. How is everyone getting his age wrong?

People need to realise he is coming in as an alternative option to Luke Shaw and won't necessarily replace him every game...this is to give us another option to break certain teams down. Luke Shaw will still play games.

We always said we need more depth in certain places and with the fee rumoured to be around £15m at rumoured £75k a week wages, relatively this is a low risk transfer and I am all for it.

And just in terms of Reguillon, the deal Spurs agreed with the buy back is something we would never agree with and yesterday game showed that defensively there are question marks over him (is he still sliding?)

Right now Telles is the best LB option available on the market with lots of experience and attacking characteristics. He currently has 2 goals in 2 games this season.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Porto wants 20m - We offer them 15
Dortmund wants 120m - We offer them 100m
Cavani will probably want 5m - we will offer 4m

Its like Ed and the company just wants to find reason not to spend any money.

If we just pay the extra 25m to Dortmund and Porto and give Cavani a proper contract offer we can have solved 3 big issues and have put in some good quality depth in the squad with the four signings (including VDB). Next summer we should go all in for Upamecano and a new DM and then as soon as Haaland clause is activated, that should be a no brainer - go all in (so offer Cavani 1+1 year contract and offload him as soon (and if) Haaland joins).

Our team could, if we had some football interested people running the club, a team fighting for CL and PL in 2-3 years.

Henderson (De Gea)
AWB Maguire Upamecano Tellas
(Laird, Bailly, Mendi, Shaw)
Pogba DM (VDB Fred)
Bruno (Hannibal)
Sancho Haaland Greenwood (Rashford, Martial)

And we have invested in many interesting new talents from all over Europe, hopefully 2-3 of them will make it and become at least squadplayers even though the expectations right now on them are much higher I assume since we are bringing some of the most talented young players.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah. Just this January Christian Eriksen moved to Inter for 25 million euros, despite also being in the last 6 months of his contract. If United want Telles now, they'll have to pay. If not, they can wait six months and battle it out with the rest of the clubs looking to sign him on a free.
We'll pay. They ask for 18m pounds while we only want to offer 12m pounds, we will end up paying that 6m pounds with adds on.

starman

He's 27 and turns 28 in 2.5 months. How is everyone getting his age wrong?

People need to realise he is coming in as an alternative option to Luke Shaw and won't necessarily replace him every game...this is to give us another option to break certain teams down. Luke Shaw will still play games.

We always said we need more depth in certain places and with the fee rumoured to be around £15m at rumoured £75k a week wages, relatively this is a low risk transfer and I am all for it.

And just in terms of Reguillon, the deal Spurs agreed with the buy back is something we would never agree with and yesterday game showed that defensively there are question marks over him (is he still sliding?)

Right now Telles is the best LB option available on the market with lots of experience and attacking characteristics. He currently has 2 goals in 2 games this season.
I suggest you follow the conversation, rather then reacting to a specific part of a post, I mean when did he play for Spurs?

GledTheRed

This really is quintessential cafe stuff.... 29 in 5 months, and every report says he took a pay cut and is on around 130k. What you label as declining, there's nothing to suggest that physically, hes not injuried a lot or ever relied on high intensity athleticism, he was unhappy at Spurs and wanted to leave for over a year.
He's been a flop and benched a lot.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So we’re not getting him then? Whatever, at this point I don’t even care.

we’re allergic to signing players
This summer has been an unprecedented level of incompetence. I'd find it hilarious if it wasn't happening to us.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
O Jojo have said he is now closer to staying at Porto than he is to moving to United.

TheMod

I suggest you follow the conversation, rather then reacting to a specific part of a post, I mean when did he play for Spurs?

Where have i said Telles plays for spurs?

This is the Alex Telles thread so it's pretty usual to speak about the player we are linked to rather than having a discussion about Erikson...take that to another thread

starman

Where have i said Telles plays for spurs?

This is the Alex Telles thread so it's pretty usual to speak about the player we are linked to rather than having a discussion about Erikson...take that to another thread
Maybe take your incomprehension skills elsewhere as well, because you can't actually follow the conversation being had and just jumped in with a arrogant reply.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This summer has been an unprecedented level of incompetence. I'd find it hilarious if it wasn't happening to us.
The only summer that comes close to this is 13-14 when we got Fellaini after chasing Fabregas, Thiago, Herrera, Baines & many others all summer.

Incompetent isn’t even the word, whats the level beneath that?

TheMod

Maybe take your incomprehension skills elsewhere as well, because you can't actually follow the conversation being had and just jumped in with a arrogant reply.
There was nothing arrogant about my reply. Oh and I love the irony of your last 2 messages and the insult throwing

Incomprehension skills..... maybe you should look at yourself, I have never said Telles played for Spurs...Jog On.

starman

There was nothing arrogant about my reply. Oh and I love the irony of your last 2 messages and the insult throwing

Incomprehension skills..... maybe you should look at yourself, I have never said Telles played for Spurs...Jog On.
And yet you reply to my post like I was talking about Telles, when it clearly shows I am talking about a player from Spurs. Not the brightest are you...:houllier:

prateik

How is £15mil fleecing us. He would be a £40mil LB with more years on his contract!

It would seems other premier League clubs would tend to agree with me as they haven't had such problems getting business done.
No.
Firstly, he has a release clause of 40m euros, so ~£36m
And secondly.. He is nearly 28 and no one has come in for him.. It's safe to say he isnt that highly sought after. It's not like he is on crazy wages at Porto and is happy to stay financially either..

So .. no. He isnt a 40m LB. He is not going to be first choice here. He is coming as a backup.

TheMod

And yet you reply to my post like I was talking about Telles, when it clearly shows I am talking about a player from Spurs. Not the brightest are you...:houllier:
The irony calling me not bright when in the sentence i clearly state Reguillon.....also still the insults keep coming because you have been proven wrong.

The state of you...i feel sorry for you

Anyway i'll put you the ignore list. As Mark Twain said “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” (here you go googling him :lol:)

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
... And just in terms of Reguillon, the deal Spurs agreed with the buy back is something we would never agree with and yesterday game showed that defensively there are question marks over him (is he still sliding?) ...
He had a couple of lapses in the first half, but overall Reguillon had a good game, and provided the assist for our equalising goal. He has pace to burn, a great engine and most Spurs fans were impressed.

And by the way, the buy-back clause will mean nothing if the player doesn't actually want to go back.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He had a couple of lapses in the first half, but overall Reguillon had a good game, and provided the assist for our equalising goal. He has pace to burn, a great engine and most Spurs fans were impressed.

And by the way, the buy-back clause will mean nothing if the player doesn't actually want to go back.
Yeah he had a good game, listing one error where he was trying to make up for his mistake is a bit harsh tbh, would have liked him to play for us but understand we don’t want the buy back clause.

SinNombre

We aren't desperate either and Telles is keen to join.
I think the main difference is we have a lot of muppets who live and die by transfer rumours and start ranting about shambles if they don't get their 15 second kick.

Porto needs the cash and no one has any liquidity. There is zero reason to pay them what they want.

Davie Moyes

Fair enough if he had a good game. One of the issues for us was how clear he's made it that Real are his club and he sees himself going back there.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

:lol: right, nevermind his boyhood dream of being a key player for Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.