Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Telles comes to Old Trafford and he loses his penalties/free-kicks overnight.... but he's left-footed so it's a no brainer, let's find out the hard way why a near 28 year old average Brazilian has been plying his trade outside the top five or six Leagues in Europe apart from a forgettable spell at Inter Milan since he left Brazil.

Rolaholic

Who are these spoofers? I don’t believe anything anymore after Reguillon
Portuguese TV, they claim we've renewed interest in Telles.

It's been reported that his agent, Zahavi, has also been in England in recent days to work on a transfer to the Prem on his behalf so it could be us.

The 40m tag they showed is how much they'd normally value him but Porto have been under financial difficulties lately and would more than likely accept less given that his contract is also up next year.

For what its worth, I hope there's a solid link there as I still think getting a new LB in the squad this season is important given how heavy handed the schedule is going to be and Shaws fitness history

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Think there is a typo there. It’s supposed to be 20m. He has less than a year left in his contract.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Telles comes to Old Trafford and he loses his penalties/free-kicks overnight.... but he's left-footed so it's a no brainer, let's find out the hard way why a near 28 year old average Brazilian has been plying his trade outside the top five or six Leagues in Europe apart from a forgettable spell at Inter Milan since he left Brazil.
Certainly a risky move,agree.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Brutal, and bang on the money.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
hands up all those people who have seen Telles play 90 minutes more than 5 times?

Yeah thats what I thought. Still a definite 'quality' signing though and we would be incompetent to let this one pass us by

AneRu

Another Rojo debacle loading, won't be surprised if we sign him and are looking to give him away in a couple of years time. Would have been better to accept Real's buyback clause and get a better player as cover for the injury prone Shaw.

Chairman Steve

If we had a million pounds for every time a club used the Utd name as a bait club for someone else or an agent trying to get a improved contract this summer, we‘d have enough money to get Sancho.

Telles is getting a move thats not Man Utd or getting a new improved contract at Porto.

Next please.

Last edited:

Adcuth

hands up all those people who have seen Telles play 90 minutes more than 5 times?

Yeah thats what I thought. Still a definite 'quality' signing though and we would be incompetent to let this one pass us by
Does fifa count?

OrcaFat

Well, yes, probably.

But there’s the odd decent player in the Portuguese league isn’t there? And also players often improve a lot into their mid twenties (some get worse of course).

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Getting used to drum up interest
I have heard this said loads of times lately.

I don't think its a matter of being used for interest, you get used due to the massive fan base clicking the stories. Its the state of the media and journalism as a whole these days, I would say 70% of the stories published are utter fabrication that media outlets make vast amounts of money on. The whole *Untied are interested you better bid* is utter fiction, bidding clubs on any player will know exactly the score and who is interested.

GoldanoGraham

Didn’t Bruno come from the Portuguese league after a forgettable spell in Italy?

On the other side of the coin, didn’t Rojo come from the Portuguese league as a very late in the day panic buy and look how that ones turned out......

if we are to proceed with this signing then let’s not give him £120k per week and a 5 year contract so that we can never move him on if he turns out to be shite.....

SinNombre

Telles is an interesting one.

Very good stats and consistently for a while now, but why is he still at Porto. Sancho + Telles (if his stats can translate) would still be a good window.

Can one of the Portuguese shed some color?

El-Manos

Very good stats and consistently for a while now, but why is he still at Porto. Sancho + Telles (if his stats can translate) would still be a good window.

He's a good player.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

I would snap your hand off for Sancho and Telles.

Rolaholic

He had 25 g/a just last season and is surprisingly strong defensively.

For the 20m it was reported that Porto would be willing to accept last week, we could do far far worse in terms of FB options.

Having an extra LB in the squad is crucial this season but on here seemingly we're too good for him since he's coming from Portugal :lol:

Thought people would've learned from being proven wrong with Bruno just earlier this year. His transfer thread was filled with people slagging him off and laughing off his quality due to putting those numbers up in the Premiera Liga

At the end of the day I'll be happy to bring in just about any decent LB regardless of where they're from, we need the bodies this season in particular.

Chairman Steve

He’s going to go to City isnt he? Guardiola hasn’t made his annual full back purchase yet.

Rolaholic

They're probably just rounding up the transfer rumours like Sky Sports do. Doesn't mean they know anything. Probably a load of old rubbish anyway as per Reguilón.
That's exactly it, he 150% won't go for 40m as he's in the final year of his contract and Porto are in need money.

His agent has also been in England recently so a move should be quite easy to wrap up for United if we're indeed interested.

If not him I hope we're in for someone before the window closes as we'll come to regret our lack of decent bench options the moment the injury bug hits (which it definitely will when we're playing at least 2 times a week, possibly 3 at most, more often than not) over the next 9 months

Last edited:

manuchamp88

That's exactly it, he 150% won't go for 40m as he's in the final year of his contract and Porto are in need money.

His agent has also been in England recently so a move should be quite easy to wrap up for United if we're indeed interested.

If not him I hope we're in for someone before the window closes as we'll come to regret our lack of decent bench options the moment the injury bug hits (which it definitely will when we're playing at least 2 times a week, possibly 3 at most, more often than not) over the next 9 months
Nice bit of spin doctoring/marketing on behalf of Porto too. Advertise to the world he's available for 40 mil when really they would accept less.

I wanted Reguilón as he's younger and hasn't fulfilled his potential yet but Telles certainly looks a more creative and exciting prospect than Shaw on the left wing for another season. My first choice would be Alaba for a new LB, but if we are after one, Telles is somewhat realistic.

Rolaholic

Nice bit of spin doctoring/marketing on behalf of Porto too. Advertise to the world he's available for 40 mil when really they would accept less.

I wanted Reguilón as he's younger and hasn't fulfilled his potential yet but Telles certainly looks a more creative and exciting prospect than Shaw on the left wing for another season. My first choice would be Alaba for a new LB, but if we are after one, Telles is somewhat realistic.
I also wanted Reguilon but it's coming out that they were insisting on keeping that buyback clause so I get the club moving on.

Alaba would be an absolute dream signing, given his versatility too as a quality DM + CB on top of LB, but he's reportedly looking for top of the bracket type wages.

if he's willing to leave the best team in the world in search of that, I don't know how realistic it'd be that we'd be in for him.

Telles seems a lot more doable/feasible with the time left in the window but if not him, I really do hope we have eyes on others.

SinNombre

Since he played his best ever match for us when he came on in the CL when we did them.....he hasn’t got near that level since
He has also been injured, and needs a constant run of games.

Many clubs (maybe including PSG) were interested in him initially.

thomas porter

I have a feeling this one will happen. Definitely good cover for Shaw if/when we play a back 4, Shaw inevitable gets injured, or if Ole decides to go 352 with Shaw at lcb.

20m for a backup in today's market sounds like good business.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I also wanted Reguilon but it's coming out that they were insisting on keeping that buyback clause so I get the club moving on.

Alaba would be an absolute dream signing, given his versatility too as a quality DM + CB on top of LB, but he's reportedly looking for top of the bracket type wages.

if he's willing to leave the best team in the world in search of that, I don't know how realistic it'd be that we'd be in for him.

Telles seems a lot more doable/feasible with the time left in the window but if not him, I really do hope we have eyes on others.
How much fee and wage would Alaba cost? The briefings are that we are looking for a versatile and experienced defender who can play across positions.

Maybe he’ll be announced in final week

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Another Rojo debacle loading, won't be surprised if we sign him and are looking to give him away in a couple of years time. Would have been better to accept Real's buyback clause and get a better player as cover for the injury prone Shaw.
Rojo was a decent signing and at a fair price, the problem was he never had a fixed position in a settled team, then he started picking up injuries.

No team in England other than those whose sole objective this season is to just avoid relegation should have gone near SR on those terms, and then it would only be to show off to their fans look we've signed a player from Real Madrid.

BaillyBaillyBailly

How much fee and wage would Alaba cost? The briefings are that we are looking for a versatile and experienced defender who can play across positions.

Maybe he’ll be announced in final week
I find it unlikely that Alaba would come to us, just because it would be a massive step down for him in terms of winning things. Although I can't see any of the other big boys paying him the salary he is looking for except perhaps PSG and City. I would imagine out of choice he would want to work with Pep again, get paid and play in an elite side. Maybe he just wants a pay day, in which case we might be near the front of the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.