Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholsey2004

Telles or Reguilon? Who would you choose?
Statistically Telles is consistently very good going forward, better than Reguilon anyway. He's in a weaker league than Reguilon but that didn't stop Fernandez did it?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sign him up!

there’s loads of instances where players who’ve played in Portugal come in and play really well in England. This lad if he kept up half his current form would still be one of the best LBs in the country. Cheap. Worth a punt. This is the kind of signing a club with a DOF would have wrapped up a few weeks ago with no fuss.

Rolaholic

Off to Wolves I'm afraid, that Mendes connection has paid off incredibly well for them.

They get a better share of quality portugese talent than just about any club outside of Liga NOS :lol:

reddevilz007

Telles has one mean left foot, he can strike the ball from distance unlike any of our fullbacks

Almost plays like an out-and-out winger when he attacks, and has that Brazilian flair

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I’d rather we sign a RWF and CB first, but wouldn’t mind to add more quality to squad.

ti vu

He's like poor man Koralov (the young good version). Good ability on attack side but suspect when it comes to defensive side. Very skeptical about Telles ability to adapt to PL physicality. Even in Italy and Portugal, he doesn't look strong. For an attacker, there maybe some workaround, however for a defender, the flaw would be targeted.

Look like he is going to Wolves. However, if we go down this route, we missed the boat with Tierney.

gica_7

@SportingCP96 I know the links are likely not true, but how good is this guy ??
He used to play for Galatasaray and I had the chance to watch him on stadium numerous times. He is a very very good and consistent left back. Attacking attributes are top notch. He used to struggle with his defending even in Turkish league but I believe he has improved.

He would be an upgrade to Luke. Yet, lack of any reliable report on this makes me want to contain my hopes.

croadyman

Definitely should get this guy after Sancho if he hasn't signed for Wolves in the meantime seeing as Reguilon looks like a non starter due to the buyback.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We need to give Shaw crossing lessons and we’d have the best fullback in the league.

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
Money is not an issue for us currently and the FFP is only related to European competitions which we aren’t in this season, however, I go on wolves board who has an ITK(I know I know) anyway he’s adamant that Telles is signing for wolves IF you don’t sign him, and that depends on you signing the other LB you’re currently looking at.

croadyman

Money is not an issue for us currently and the FFP is only related to European competitions which we aren’t in this season, however, I go on wolves board who has an ITK(I know I know) anyway he’s adamant that Telles is signing for wolves IF you don’t sign him, and that depends on you signing the other LB you’re currently looking at.
Hmmm interesting and maybe suggests that he could well be keener to make the move than Reguilon who sounds like he sees his future at Madrid in a couple of years.

I know he hasn't been that reliable since Jose was here but maybe Castles was onto something with this one.

Last edited:

croadyman

Pretty sure there are better things we can do with what is undoubtedly going to be a limited budget.
Well doesn't look like we are buying a CB this summer so should go and spend that bit of the budget on him instead

Rolaholic

Don't think there's much to discuss if they're really willing to accept 20m, outrageous value that

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
It's a bit odd he's not still sold for those prices. You'd think it wouldn't be a problem for most clubs in the big leagues, especially with the shortage of good left backs!

He wants 8M to renew which is around what he has been offered somewhere else. Doubt he will stay as he will enter thr last year of his contract.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
With Shaw still going to be out first choice lb, this seems like a more likely move for us

Chairman Steve

It may be worth bearing in mind that Zahavi has brokered very favourable transfer deals in the past for us and probably is the only reputable agent ever who made it onto SAF’s friends list.

PoTMS

It's 20m euros before becoming 20m pounds when United are interested and before you know it Porto want 30m pounds plus add-ons.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's a bit odd he's not still sold for those prices. You'd think it wouldn't be a problem for most clubs in the big leagues, especially with the shortage of good left backs!

He wants 8M to renew which is around what he has been offered somewhere else. Doubt he will stay as he will enter thr last year of his contract.
What level would you say hes at? Looked good the very few times I've seen him but like you said, its weird he's gone so long without any serious interest. Same was said for Bruno though.

Lj82

I think this reflects the post covid finance. Only Chelsea is spending like crazy this window. Other clubs like Real and Barca are strapped for cash. Utd while not exactly in the same situation, is also very prudent with money now. It's the new reality I guess

croadyman

It may be worth bearing in mind that Zahavi has brokered very favourable transfer deals in the past for us and probably is the only reputable agent ever who made it onto SAF’s friends list.
Yeah he used to be Rio's agent if memory serves me right

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It's 20m euros before becoming 20m pounds when United are interested and before you know it Porto want 30m pounds plus add-ons.
..and in 1 year's time, he will be a 50M flop.

LonelyFire

Hes done far more recent business with Chelsea and PSG.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The same agent that was called a money-grabbing piranha by Hoeneß just a couple of hours ago? :D

Gordon S

So they seem a bit desperate to get some cash for him? What are we waiting for? Experienced lb, still in his prime, would give us much needed depth. If not him, Reguilon perhaps? Or Estupinan or perhaps Grimaldo?

dev1l

For 20m euros he is a very good option. A much better LB than imo.
As long as the 20m euro fee is true...:)

It s not the first time an agent gives you the impression that a player costs so much,but when you try to effect the transfer, the cost is much higher.
I simply don't trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.