Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

For 20m euros he is a very good option. A much better LB than imo.
As long as the 20m euro fee is true...:)

It s not the first time an agent gives you the impression that a player costs so much,but when you try to effect the transfer, the cost is much higher.
I simply don't trust them.

Tarrou

Id take anyone at this point

Josh King even

Well, not really...but Telles for 20m feck yeah

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
What level would you say hes at? Looked good the very few times I've seen him but like you said, its weird he's gone so long without any serious interest. Same was said for Bruno though.
No doubt he has offers for some time now that's why he's asking 8M. He's a good left back for the PT league, the best one, which isn't too difficult! His offensive output, namely the crossing from deep areas and set pieces are his strong points and would most likely boost your goal tally. He's defensively adequate but not great, physically also not powerful or very agile nor capable of impressive bursts of acceleration. He works hard and has a great attitude though. Fans like him.

croadyman

No doubt he has offers for some time now that's why he's asking 8M. He's a good left back for the PT league, the best one, which isn't too difficult! His offensive output, namely the crossing from deep areas and set pieces are his strong points and would most likely boost your goal tally. He's defensively adequate but not great, physically also not powerful or very agile nor capable of impressive bursts of acceleration. He works hard and has a great attitude though. Fans like him.
Would I be right in thinking his agent is Pini Zahavi as well

No Love

Do we expect any movement in relation to Telles if Reguilon is off to Spurs?

dev1l

Did you know that Telles and Alaba share the same agent? Pini Zahavi

SATA

Did you know that Telles and Alaba share the same agent? Pini Zahavi
Better stay away then. Have had enough of these poisonous agents. Is there another LB in the world we can buy at a decent price and do not have agents who are bloodsuckers?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I don’t think Telles is all that

Can we try aNd buy Digne from Everton?
He is very good attacking wise. We can play Shaw against the big teams so we can sacrifice attack for a bit more defense and against lesser teams in order to rest Shaw we can play Telles. He can also play as a wing back in a 3-5-2. Everton will rinse us for Digne. Easily they will want 30m+.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Woody would want to pay 5m now + 15m if we win the treble 3 years at a row

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don’t think Telles is all that

Can we try aNd buy Digne from Everton?
How much do you think they'd want? An established Premier League left back, one of the best in the league, at a club that finally has some ambition. Can't see them accepting anything less than Chilwell fee, probably more. A non-starter I think.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Woody would want to pay 5m now + 15m if we win the treble 3 years at a row
Mad how fans are now coming out with this when not long ago it was “why are we just paying whatever clubs ask for, we’re mugs”?

Woodward is a useless cnut but playing hard ball is something we needed to do. Clubs, players and agents were fleecing us. We need to reinvest in scouts and find potentially world class players that won’t cost world class prices and build a team fecking properly.

No Love

Mad how fans are now coming out with this when not long ago it was “why are we just paying whatever clubs ask for, we’re mugs”?

Woodward is a useless cnut but playing hard ball is something we needed to do. Clubs, players and agents were fleecing us. We need to reinvest in scouts and find potentially world class players that won’t cost world class prices and build a team fecking properly.
We must buy the next Messi, IMO.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

We need football people at board level with years of experience in negotiating deals to take over the job. The way we've acted in the past 7 years is ridiculous

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I went through FC Porto forum, lot of their fans think he hasn't been the same aka been poor last season. But they said this guy has been very good for them previous seasons.

They believed he will be sold or must be sold due to financial issue and Telles won't signed a new contract that will be expired next year.

Kostov

I went through FC Porto forum, lot of their fans think he hasn't been the same aka been poor last season. But they said this guy has been very good for them previous seasons.

They believed he will be sold or must be sold due to financial issue and Telles won't signed a new contract that will be expired next year.
Didn't he have a bad injury a season ago? How is his injury record, last thing we need is another injury prone defender.

Lennon7

We must buy the next Messi, IMO.
Not saying that. We will clearly have to invest in some capacity in world class talent, but I’m extremely glad we’re playing hard ball this window. Bruno and VDB will turn out to be steals - in stark contrast to situations like with Di Maria, Pogba (he’s class, but we overpaid and are overpaying him) and Sanchez. Even Herrera was the start - he wanted a load of money we told him to feck off. It’s good.

We were being taken for mugs in the transfer market, more so than anyone else, and hopefully we’re changing the structure of our wages too. Bruno is on less than Lingard for example.

Lennon7

We need football people at board level with years of experience in negotiating deals to take over the job. The way we've acted in the past 7 years is ridiculous
Completely agree, and we’ve acted and still are acting as if we don’t have proper scouts.

No Love

Not saying that. We will clearly have to invest in some capacity in world class talent, but I’m extremely glad we’re playing hard ball this window. Bruno and VDB will turn out to be steals - in stark contrast to situations like with Di Maria, Pogba (he’s class, but we overpaid and are overpaying him) and Sanchez. Even Herrera was the start - he wanted a load of money we told him to feck off. It’s good.

We were being taken for mugs in the transfer market, more so than anyone else, and hopefully we’re changing the structure of our wages too. Bruno is on less than Lingard for example.
I know, man. I was just being lighthearted. Last night was a somewhat catty evening around these parts, so I was just being playful and alluding to one of the more memorable Caf threads in recent times.

For the record, you make good points that I largely agree with.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Didn't he have a bad injury a season ago? How is his injury record, last thing we need is another injury prone defender.
Transfer Market lists him as having only 2 injuries since 2013 (34 days in 2018 and 7 days in 2019) missing a grand total of 7 games...!!
That's pretty favourable when compared to Jones, Rojo, Bailly & Shaw....:lol:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
As long as the 20m euro fee is true...:)

It s not the first time an agent gives you the impression that a player costs so much,but when you try to effect the transfer, the cost is much higher.
I simply don't trust them.
Worst comes to worst he has a release clause of £33.5m.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are we even interested in this guy?
If left back is one of the target, this guy could be in the list. His contract is expired next year, lot of Porto fans believed he wants new challenge so he won't sign a new contract. News in Portugal say that FC Porto are desperate to sell him since they would rather get some cash than losing him for free next year, likely available for 20m euro.

Mark Pawelek

Maybe we should tell Porto we'll take Telles for €20m now, or €10m in January if they prefer. I'm not madly keen on buying a 27 year old player unless he's cheap. Although I argued for a left-footed LB over a CB elsewhere, I actually think the Monaco CB Badiashile is better value right now. 19 year old, left-footed, Badiashile is playing close to world-class CB standard in his last 2 matches. If Telles price is €30m now, then Badiashile at €35m looks the better investment.

Lennon7

I know, man. I was just being lighthearted. Last night was a somewhat catty evening around these parts, so I was just being playful and alluding to one of the more memorable Caf threads in recent times.

For the record, you make good points that I largely agree with.
Thought I’d seen that somewhere :lol: didn’t get the reference - sorry fella

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We should offer a swap deal with Dalot.
A player who was super promising for them 2 years ago but has since regressed, lost confidence and wasted years of development. I doubt they'd be up for it.

Rajat Jain

He is definitely the player we need, quick, has excellent shooting and crossing technique and can dribble. Defensively not very sure, but we are looking for an attacking full back and he seems to fit the bill.

Let Regulion go to Spurs he is a much cheaper and experienced option.

Clermontois

Supports
France

Nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.