Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorky_utd

Let's see if we are really interested in signing a left back this summer. If we sign this guy then the theory of buyback clause in reguilon deal will be valid. Otherwise, our reported interest in reguilon will be proved to be a bluff.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Nonsense.
Why’s that nonsense? Di Maria was fecking expensive and on massive wages and he didn’t even want to be there. Pogba was our record signing and is reportedly on £300k a week but he isn’t out performing other midfielders worth that much or in that much. I don’t think if we were on for him this window we’d pay it, the same with Sancho.

This change in strategy has been a long time coming. We were embarrassing in the market not because we weren’t doing deals but because we were just getting the biggest names we could and paying whatever. Like I said, sometimes that’s necessary but not all the time - and this window proves we’ve moved away from that.

If you’d like to add anything other than ‘nonsense’ be my fecking guest

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Nonsense.
People are far too sensitive about Pogba on here. If you think he’s been worth every penny and is living up to his potential week in week out at Manchester United you’re completely delusional.

Borussia Teeth

A player who was super promising for them 2 years ago but has since regressed, lost confidence and wasted years of development. I doubt they'd be up for it.
Telles needs to be sold though, as his contract is running down. Dalot may be a good option for them if they can't get a transfer fee for him.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Why’s that nonsense? Di Maria was fecking expensive and on massive wages and he didn’t even want to be there. Pogba was our record signing and is reportedly on £300k a week but he isn’t out performing other midfielders worth that much or in that much. I don’t think if we were on for him this window we’d pay it, the same with Sancho.
Di Maria despite not wanting to come here was worth what we paid at the time. After all he had just won the UCL that season or the season before and he was instrumental.

Sancho is still largely unproven and does not have any accolades behind his name so is nothing like Paul.

People are far too sensitive about Pogba on here. If you think he’s been worth every penny and is living up to his potential week in week out at Manchester United you’re completely delusional.
He has been worth every penny even with his flaws which every player has. Aside from that no player lives up to their potential week in or week out, whatever that means; the delusional one is who even suggests it.

Telles may become an excellent player if we buy him but he will never perform to great height every week, give me one player who does.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He has been worth every penny even with his flaws which every player has. Aside from that no player lives up to their potential week in or week out, whatever that means; the delusional one is who even suggests it.

Telles may become an excellent player if we buy him but he will never perform to great height every week, give me one player who does.
Yeah, if we just overlook his flaws and go with the attitude that no player performs week in week out, whatever that means, then I suppose a world record fee was worth every penny.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Telles needs to be sold though, as his contract is running down. Dalot may be a good option for them if they can't get a transfer fee for him.
Perhaps. Whichever way we put a deal together, we should be signing him. Very good attacking option, for a left back.

Falcow

Di Maria despite not wanting to come here was worth what we paid at the time. After all he had just won the UCL that season or the season before and he was instrumental.

Sancho is still largely unproven and does not have any accolades behind his name so is nothing like Paul.

There are a few in fairness such as Van Dyke, Mane and Salah at pool, De Bruyne and Aguero at City, they may have the odd poor game but it's not often.

I and many others expected Pogba to be that kind of player given we broke world record fee for him, unfortunately he never has and never will be someone who can put in world class performances week after week, season after season. He has the ability and the talent but not the consistency and application. Perhaps in Italy where the slower pace suits his style of play.

jem

I'm a big fan of Pogba, simply because he does things that just take the breath away (the same reason I loved Berbatov.) However, I think it's a very optimistic take to suggest that Pogba has lived up to his price tag. He's just not consistent enough, particularly if you compare him to someone like De Bruyne, which is fully the level I expect Pogba to perform at.

Baneofthegame

A player who was super promising for them 2 years ago but has since regressed, lost confidence and wasted years of development. I doubt they'd be up for it.
Telles has a year left on his deal, Dalot may feel more comfortable back in Portugal to regain his promise.

It’s hardly out of the realms of possibility.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
There are a few in fairness such as Van Dyke, Mane and Salah at pool, De Bruyne and Aguero at City, they may have the odd poor game but it's not often.

I and many others expected Pogba to be that kind of player given we broke world record fee for him, unfortunately he never has and never will be someone who can put in world class performances week after week, season after season. He has the ability and the talent but not the consistency and application. Perhaps in Italy where the slower pace suits his style of play.
It's much easier to be consistent when you are surrounded by good players playing a good system.

None of those players would have been as good and as consistent for us as what they have been at Liverpool/City. Would they have been more consistent than Pogba has been? Likely, but no guarantee. What a lot of people forget is that as inconsistent as Pogba has been, he's still been 'good' more than just about any other player in our squad during his time here.

SecondFig

I'm a big fan of Pogba, simply because he does things that just take the breath away (the same reason I loved Berbatov.) However, I think it's a very optimistic take to suggest that Pogba has lived up to his price tag. He's just not consistent enough, particularly if you compare him to someone like De Bruyne, which is fully the level I expect Pogba to perform at.
Yep - totally agree. I love Paul because of his talent and his links to the youth-team etc., but he hasn't been influential enough on the pitch (so far) to live up to his reputation or price-tag. But, he's also far from a flop - he's an important part of our team and one of our best players. But the way Fernandes changed us when he arrived, that was the kind of impact I originally wanted from Pogba...

Falcow

It's much easier to be consistent when you are surrounded by good players playing a good system.

None of those players would have been as good and as consistent for us as what they have been at Liverpool/City. Would they have been more consistent than Pogba has been? Likely, but no guarantee. What a lot of people forget is that as inconsistent as Pogba has been, he's still been 'good' more than just about any other player in our squad during his time here.
I take your point but I would disagree for the most part, there is no reason why you cant be consistently world class even if playing in a poor side, Messi still bangs in 50 goals a season for Barca despite them being shit for a few seasons. Hazard always did it for Chelsea and Aguero has done it under at least 3 different managers for City. Any player can look good when surrounded by good players, Paul McGrath made Phil Babb look world class when playing for ireland as an example.

He is surrounded by some very good players now and there is absaloutely no reason why Pogba shouldnt be in the running for the player of the year awards at the end of this season (other than consistency issues), I dont really have any confidence however that he will.....do you? Honest question.

Wait a sec.....this is the Alex Telles thread....apologies....:lol:

jem

Yep - totally agree. I love Paul because of his talent and his links to the youth-team etc., but he hasn't been influential enough on the pitch (so far) to live up to his reputation or price-tag. But, he's also far from a flop - he's an important part of our team and one of our best players. But the way Fernandes changed us when he arrived, that was the kind of impact I originally wanted from Pogba...
Yeah, just imagine if he put it all together for a full season. I'd actually argue that his run of form during the first stages of Ole's tenure was every bit as impressive as Bruno's first few months. Sadly, as too often seems to be the case, it didn't last.

Clermontois

Supports
France
The same Salah who despite being selfish routinely has games where he does nothing? Or the same Van Dyke who routinely now gifts goals to the opposition? Or the same De Bruyne who can sometimes be poor and throw a strop yet no one talks about his attitude? Or the same Aguero who can play on periphery of games and do nothing so much so he loss his place to Gabriel Jesus more than once?

None of those players "play to their potential week in week out", whatever that means. Telles won't either as it is impossible to do for a human.

That is simply not true but this is for another thread.

But the way Fernandes changed us when he arrived, that was the kind of impact I originally wanted from Pogba...
Myth. Besides being better than Lingard and scoring penalties Fernandes has not changed us much as people state at all. People in here wear too much specs provided by the media companies.

SecondFig

Myth. Besides being better than Lingard and scoring penalties Fernandes has not changed us much as people state at all. People in here wear too much specs provided by the media companies.
I'm not going to argue this one...

Other than to say; I've watched United for over 30 years, and I watched us throughout this season, and if you couldn't see a difference between our play pre- and post-Fernandes I worry for you. It's got nothing to do with media-"specs", and I'm genuinely baffled that anyone can watch us play and not see how much of a difference Fernandes made to us...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
:lol: a lot of bad posts this window but I think this takes the biscuit

Clermontois

Supports
France
I'm not going to argue this one...

Other than to say; I've watched United for over 30 years, and I watched us throughout this season, and if you couldn't see a difference between our play pre- and post-Fernandes I worry for you. It's got nothing to do with media-"specs", and I'm genuinely baffled that anyone can watch us play and not see how much of a difference Fernandes made to us...
Don't be baffled mate to anyone who is not aware the media will make you believe anything. I am not worried for you though, your views will come good one day.

3KDré

You do realise you don't have to belittle Fernandes to make Pogba seem better right? I do believe Pogba is the better player still, but to deny Bruno's impact is delusional. Again it may be exaggerated slightly how good he is because before him it was Lingard/Pereira but that doesn't mean he hasn't been a game changer since he came.

No Love

Your posts are consistently some of the worst around these parts, not least due to their biased nature. However, this one has me questioning whether you actually watched any Utd matches last season. I get strong WUM vibes from you.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Your posts are consistently some of the worst around these parts, not least due to their biased nature. However, this one has me questioning whether you actually watched any Utd matches last season. I get strong WUM vibes from you.
I described the player exactly as he is and exactly how he plays for us, you must be the WUM to insinuate otherwise.

You do realise you don't have to belittle Fernandes to make Pogba seem better right? I do believe Pogba is the better player still, but to deny Bruno's impact is delusional. Again it may be exaggerated slightly how good he is because before him it was Lingard/Pereira but that doesn't mean he hasn't been a game changer since he came.
I belittled no one, I responded to a poster talking about some mythical impact. Anyway this is the Telles thread.

flappyjay

Couldn't we send Dalot on loan the other way. Preferably a 2 year loan. The lad needs a lot of game time. This season even if by some miracle he stays fit he won't play much.

Falcow

The same Salah who despite being selfish routinely has games where he does nothing? Or the same Van Dyke who routinely now gifts goals to the opposition? Or the same De Bruyne who can sometimes be poor and throw a strop yet no one talks about his attitude? Or the same Aguero who can play on periphery of games and do nothing so much so he loss his place to Gabriel Jesus more than once?

None of those players "play to their potential week in week out", whatever that means. Telles won't either as it is impossible to do for a human.

That is simply not true but this is for another thread.

I think you are trying to suggest Van Dyke and De Bruyne are not consistently world class? And that Bruno didnt make an impact.

How long have you been having these thoughts?

dinostar77

:lol: a lot of bad posts this window but I think this takes the biscuit
He needs to go to specsavers. Re: the talking nonsense about Fernandes.

Anyway i dont think we are in for telles at all. More use of the utd name to drum up interest from other clubs.

Rossa

I think you are trying to suggest Van Dyke and De Bruyne are not consistently world class? And that Bruno didnt make an impact.

How long have you been having these thoughts?
Because some people have a 2 month memory of all things. Rio must have been a pretty sh*t defender juding by his last season or so - he was never good. VVD is not good because these last two-three months he has made some mistakes. I have also seen De Bruyne not play well, so obviously he's a little sh*t as well.

Pogba on the other hand, I have seen play as a world class midfielder for 60 minutes in a match, so obviously he's the bestest player in the world.

Nobody is disputing Pogba's talents and top level. However, he is wildly inconsistent. So much so that I have rarely seen him have a consistently great match. He turned the game around vs City some time ago, which was great, but people seem to forget that he was awful in the first half. He's an enigma of a player. He can do things in midfield that no other central midfielder can replicate. He can run into spaces with the ball where Martial struggle to keep up. He can ping passes almost like a prime Scholes. In the next ten minutes, he's caught giving the ball away far too easily, being outrun by some Gareth Barry look alike, misplacing a 5 yard pass and not tracking back for the life of it. That all happens within 30 minutes. So yes, you can blame his teammates, but his intensity is one of the biggest concerns, and that has been a massive concern in his time with United.

Bruno has had a far greater impact to the team than Pogba has ever had. Even if he is not at his best, he is still working his socks off. I remember that one time he chased the ball from midfield down to right back with such intensity that he managed to win the ball against a seemingly faster player. Pogba would never have started that run. He would have jogged back into the middle. Bruno also presses the life out of players, and he wins the ball back more. He urges the team forward. His mentality appears to be on a different level, even if Pogba is more talented - whatever that means - wasn't Riquelme more talented than Ronaldo?

Falcow

Because some people have a 2 month memory of all things. Rio must have been a pretty sh*t defender juding by his last season or so - he was never good. VVD is not good because these last two-three months he has made some mistakes. I have also seen De Bruyne not play well, so obviously he's a little sh*t as well.

Pogba on the other hand, I have seen play as a world class midfielder for 60 minutes in a match, so obviously he's the bestest player in the world.

Nobody is disputing Pogba's talents and top level. However, he is wildly inconsistent. So much so that I have rarely seen him have a consistently great match. He turned the game around vs City some time ago, which was great, but people seem to forget that he was awful in the first half. He's an enigma of a player. He can do things in midfield that no other central midfielder can replicate. He can run into spaces with the ball where Martial struggle to keep up. He can ping passes almost like a prime Scholes. In the next ten minutes, he's caught giving the ball away far too easily, being outrun by some Gareth Barry look alike, misplacing a 5 yard pass and not tracking back for the life of it. That all happens within 30 minutes. So yes, you can blame his teammates, but his intensity is one of the biggest concerns, and that has been a massive concern in his time with United.

Bruno has had a far greater impact to the team than Pogba has ever had. Even if he is not at his best, he is still working his socks off. I remember that one time he chased the ball from midfield down to right back with such intensity that he managed to win the ball against a seemingly faster player. Pogba would never have started that run. He would have jogged back into the middle. Bruno also presses the life out of players, and he wins the ball back more. He urges the team forward. His mentality appears to be on a different level, even if Pogba is more talented - whatever that means - wasn't Riquelme more talented than Ronaldo?
Agree fully. You cant afford to be inconsistent and lacking in intensity in the middle of the field. Pogba seems to rely on his talent only and talented and all as he clearly is, more is required.

Anyway, Telles....sure buy him, why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.