Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Viewed as a 'useful' addition by Ole according to the BBC. Sounds like a real game changer.

Ekeke

Viewed as a 'useful' addition by Ole according to the BBC. Sounds like a real game changer.
He's a more attacking left back, but a lot of his productivity came from penalties... The one area where we're completely clinical and dont need an improvement

No chance he sorts out our defense

marktan

Probably ends up alongside the likes of Darmian, Rojo and Bailly as a semi decent but not good enough squad player that we struggle to shift on high wages 3 years down the line

Kuba

After today Shaw's game we would likely pay even 40 for him.

bondsname

He'll probably ask someone to cough in his mouth so he would fail the medical after seeing this disaster.

El Jefe

From what I've read of people that have watched him, he's not better than Shaw defensively so I'm not sure there's much to get excited about with him.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
From what I've read of people that have watched him, he's not better than Shaw defensively so I'm not sure there's much to get excited about with him.
His best asset is his crossing and if we’re getting Cavani then having someone who can actually cross will surely be beneficial.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
But he's much better going forward than Shaw. Fantastic crosser of the ball.

el3mel

Scenes when he arrives after a long flight and check the score tonight, will probably ask to cancel the deal.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
But he's aggressive and a whole lot better offensively. After watching the lack of competiveness tonight...I don't care about Shaw being a so called better defender

RUCK4444

But he's aggressive and a whole lot better offensively. After watching the lack of competiveness tonight...I don't care about Shaw being a so called better defender
You might when we concede even more goals.

Im not sure why many think we are setup correctly for attacking fullbacks, we have a right mess in central defence right now with an ageing Matic at DM.

El Jefe

His best asset is his crossing and if we’re getting Cavani then having someone who can actually cross will surely be beneficial.
But he's much better going forward than Shaw. Fantastic crosser of the ball.
I get that he's much better offensively than Shaw and that should be a positive to the squad. But if his best asset is crossing, we don't really have a forward line to capitalise on that. I understand Cavani is coming in but I see him being like Higuian was at Chelsea which wasn't great.

We have a defence and midfield that is worryingly soft and easy to get through. Adding another player that is worse or equal to Shaw defensively doesn't really strengthen us even if he is a great crosser.

Ace of Spades

The people who have actually watched him say that he is a clear upgrade on Shaw. His defensive 'weakness' is exaggerated, not any worse than Shaw.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The people who have actually watched him say that he is a clear upgrade on Shaw. His defensive 'weakness' is exaggerated, not any worse than Shaw.
Exactly. I've spoken to a lot of people who have watched Telles regularly and they all rate him and say he's a clear upgrade over Shaw. I'll take their opinions over posters on here who are just guessing.

starman

I know he's going to give us so much more going forward, but as for actual defending I'm not convinced that he's going to fix much of our general defensive problems, my hope is we play Shaw as a LCB and Maguire as a RCB just to maybe give us some balance as its no worse than what we have now.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I feel that you guys are putting a lot of pressure on this Telles.
IMO, he is back up to Shaw. Shaw can't play 50+ games. Telles will rotate with him, for lesser games and if Shaw gets injured. Shaw is our No.1 LB.
He'll be a bench player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
IMO, he is back up to Shaw. Shaw can't play 50+ games. Telles will rotate with him, for lesser games and if Shaw gets injured. Shaw is our No.1 LB.
He'll be a bench player.
This is what I'm expecting as well

Not understanding why so many are hyped about him

Blood Mage

He's certainly not going to save our already doomed season, but a welcome addition regardless.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Poor buggar is going to walk into a very weird atmosphere at the club :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He'll be a bench player.
Shaw can't play 50 seconds

Pav1878

He'll be a bench player.
That's the point. Shaw shouldn't be our number one LB. He is average at best as shown today

People are pinning hopes on Telles because he is not Shaw or Williams. He may well flop too but we have to try something different because what we have at the moment isn't working evidently by today's showing.

We also need a new CB, RW and possibly a DM but we aren't getting those so telles is all we have to be hopefully about at this stage.

It really is a sorry state of affairs

Status
Not open for further replies.