Alexander Buttner | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Just been chatting to my dutch mate, he says buttner is very well thought of in the Netherlands and he reckons he'll be a very good buy for us and not a gamble at all.
I've actually got a pretty good felling about this guy, it's just a shame that so many people fail to rate him because a) he didn't cost 10m or more AND/OR b) they've never played with him on FM/FIFA :lol:

dev1l

I've actually got a pretty good felling about this guy, it's just a shame that so many people fail to rate him because a) he didn't cost 10m or more AND/OR b) they've never played with him on FM/FIFA :lol:
Not to mention that chelsea and city never showed any interest in him :lol

OB

Never seen him play. I'd like to see him play the next game. Still young, so there is a learning curve. Hopefully he'll turn out another great buy

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
When asked what he would like to achieve at United he said he hope to give many crosses.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
When asked what he would like to achieve at United he said he hope to give many crosses.
I like that answer. Look after the small things and the big things will come.

I'll be honest I know nothing of this guy more than a 4 minute you tube video, and I'm all researched out after Kagawa this year so I'll just wait and see what he's like. Hopefully he can give Evra some real competition and force his way onto the starting line up some times.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
I like that answer. Look after the small things and the big things will come.

I'll be honest I know nothing of this guy more than a 4 minute you tube video, and I'm all researched out after Kagawa this year so I'll just wait and see what he's like. Hopefully he can give Evra some real competition and force his way onto the starting line up some times.
I know right? I haven't been as excited about us signing a player since Rooney got signed, and I'm sure he'll turn out to be a world-beater (certainly looks like it), but in all honesty it was exhausting the whole Kagawa transfer saga. I will admit to being at fault myself for this, since nobody made me do anything, but yeah, Kagawa (and RvP, Powell, Henriquez, Buttner) and not to mention all of the bullshit rumours, this summer was quite exhausting.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Sometimes I don't know how the likes of Gambit does it. The stamina those guys have to muppet for 6 months every year solid is to be applauded.

I never checked, did Gambit endorse this transfer yet??

Dyslexic Untied

Looked like he was heart broken in that press conference tbf. Serious fecker!

Know nothing about him, but have this weird feeling that he will be a hit.

Sam

He just looked a bit nervous you heartless bastards! :lol:

loki

Broke 1000 posts 5 years ago. Slow going since
Was interesting to see from his YouTube video how he was penalty taker, and not for a gimme penalty but when his team was 2-1 down, and he fairly hammered it top corner very well taken. That a 22yr old fullback or potentially younger when this took place was given the penalty to take is quite unusual.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Was this guy not part of the Euro squad? They had severe issues at LB and used a teenager there. Would think this player should have got a look by now, right?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's very young, he's got plenty of time - and might give Evra a kick up his arse. Competition only can help. I'm just a bit worried that he likes to come so much ;)

Laphroaig

I like that he calls United Manchester. Winning a trophy doesn't change the fact there's only one team in Manchester. And, uh, he likes to come?

Baxter

I like him. Just something about this transfer makes me think he'll be a success.

Claymore

Looks decent in the Youtube clip but then that is worse than MOTD for highlights making it look good. Evra was shocking at times last season, defence wise, left us open so many times so this can only be good.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I like him. Just something about this transfer makes me think he'll be a success.
If we're going to throw out predictions based on very little I'll just come out and say it I reckon he's going to be shit....well maybe not shit but maybe De Laet kind of shit so not a bad player but no where near good enough for us

ricky-romeo

If we're going to throw out predictions based on very little I'll just come out and say it I reckon he's going to be shit....well maybe not shit but maybe De Laet kind of shit so not a bad player but no where near good enough for us
if he is going to be a de laet kind of shit then he is going to be shit unfortunately. de laet was never going to break into our first team when he was here, not even close.

i expect him to do better than becoming another de laet.;)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Well he seems to have given Evra a bit of a kick up the arse at least, made him step up his game. I'm actually looking forward to seeing him though, on his debut in Football manager he scored in an 8-0 win for me so I expect no less :)

Sir A1ex

There's a Delight v Butter joke in here somewhere, but I can't be arsed figuring it out. More surprisingly, I can't find a single photo of a tub of Delight on the internet...

Fal

RVP adds a bit more to the squad than this lad though. Buttner seems to essentially be cover but I don't understand where he's going to fit in and what this means for Fabio. Surely Fabio should be chosen ahead of him? I don't think he's too far away from being there yet.
Irrelevant because Fabio is out on loan. We needed a Left FB for depth and with Evra getting up there we'll need more than just Fabio anyway in a few years time.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
What does he say at 1:36? I'm 22 years old, left back, i like to come?

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Apparently his family are travelers and are bringing like 200 to Old Trafford. :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.