Alexander Buttner | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan't Mata

In fairness to Woody there has been a more ins and outs in this half window than in the last few combined. Business is getting done (or appears about to be done) at a steady rate.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Good luck Buttner, you were a bit shit, but so what? You always gave 100%, even if it wasn't enough most of the times. Cheers and have a good career at Moscow. Now for Anderson and Young too? That's most of the deadweight gone.

We're definitely signing an LB now.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I liked him. Not so much for anything he did on the field mind, despite the 14 MOM performances :lol:

Jaxa

He has just posted a few images on Instagram saying thanks and will always love this club etc, I think the Champions league comment was hardly a dig, sad to see him leave but we surely must be signing Shaw now with Buttner gone now.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We didn't spend on him fortunes, luckily. Van Gaal doesn't rate him despite him being Dutch - Good sign.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
He has just posted a few images on Instagram saying thanks and will always love this club etc, I think the Champions league comment was hardly a dig, sad to see him leave but we surely must be signing Shaw now with Buttner gone now.
Like I said, the Champions League stuff is bang standard for a new signing to say, Fellaini, Van Persie, Mata all said the same when joining us.

If the club has half a chance of of winning something, "I want to win things, I want to play in CL, Europa, etc", if they don't have a chance, "I believe in the project here, bright future, etc, etc".

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Like I said, the Champions League stuff is bang standard for a new signing to say, Fellaini, Van Persie, Mata all said the same when joining us.

If the club has half a chance of of winning something, "I want to win things, I want to play in CL, Europa, etc", if they don't have a chance, "I believe in the project here, bright future, etc, etc".
Dynamo don't even play in the CL, hopefully he realises that. They haven't even made it to qualifiers in God knows how long.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Fits right in with his 14 MOTM's. Heh.

I wonder does he mean he expects them to get in the CL the season after?
They should, tbf, they have second best squad in the league
Not that it matters though, Slutsky has proved that much

Sam

"I want to play in the Champions League, win trophies."

Thats hilarious :lol:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Gonna miss him, that champions league bit is general shite they all say. He kept Robben quiet, that's an achievement.

m1y2

if eddie managed to make this deal then we are on our way back to top .. hope hes gone, he was awfull, determination is not enough

The Neviller

Ouch. Can understand his bitterness.
Why? What has he got to be bitter about? He's shite and he got to play for United. He has United on his CV now when his ability doesn't warrant it.

Good luck to him and that, but he won't be missed. He was fecking useless.

LS17

I know it's at our own expense but that line is fantastic. :lol::lol:

I appear to be one of the only ones that didn't think he was THAT bad, although I don't care that he's gone. Good luck to him.

OneUnited24

TBH i'm glad to see him go. He never really looked like he would ever be able to replace Evra and people calling for him to play further up the pitch were misguided i felt. Makes me sad that we didn't hold onto Fabio and get rid of Buttner earlier. Would rather have him as cover as a fall back than Buttner thats for sure

Annahnomoss

TBH i'm glad to see him go. He never really looked like he would ever be able to replace Evra and people calling for him to play further up the pitch were misguided i felt. Makes me sad that we didn't hold onto Fabio and get rid of Buttner earlier. Would rather have him as cover as a fall back than Buttner thats for sure
Yeah, Fabio was much better as well defensively than Buttner was who was a major risk in most games.

Good luck to him. Wasn't quite at the level we required and it showed. Defensively he was suspect at the worst of times and he just kept getting caught out of position. We just didn't think he was good enough to trouble an overworked Evra.

But at least we should be a step closer to the Shaw deal now. We definitely need reinforcements at LB.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I hope he does well in Moscow. Not at the level required here, but he's clearly talented, and I always quite liked him even if he was a bit mental. His debut against Wigan was a right laugh. Cruyff-turns and stepovers in your own half? Superb.

He was closely linked with Celtic last year. Would have liked to have seen him go there. I think he would have taken the piss at SPL level. He wouldn't really have to do much defending anyway.

JohnnyLaw

Good riddance. Horrible player. We have to stop being sentimental to poor footballers who didn't do well at the club.
Why shouldn't we be sentimental, we're not the ones who make the decisions are we, we're fans. Without sentimentality we'd all be better off supporting Chelsea/City/PSG etc who doesn't give a shit about it's players unless they're producing.

Get In Scholesy

Why shouldn't we be sentimental, we're not the ones who make the decisions are we, we're fans. Without sentimentality we'd all be better off supporting Chelsea/City/PSG etc who doesn't give a shit about it's players unless they're producing.
I just find it difficult to be sentimental to someone who was crucial to the success of the football club. Especially of one who was a poor standard of footballer for the likes on Manchester United.

Im not saying we should not be sentimental to players, only those who were not good enough nor did they contribute largely to any success the club may have had.

On that note I wish him all the best in Russia.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Im not really fussed either way about Buttner - thought he was a decent backup but thats about it.

More exciting is the fact that with him leaving, we must be supremely confident of getting Shaw/other (or already tied the deal up).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm surprised by the hate tbh, apart from one diabolical defensive display away to Chelsea in the Capitol One Cup he's been more than steady in all his games that I can remember not least his last one against Bayern

JohnnyLaw

I just find it difficult to be sentimental to someone who was crucial to the success of the football club. Especially of one who was a poor standard of footballer for the likes on Manchester United.

Im not saying we should not be sentimental to players, only those who were not good enough nor did they contribute largely to any success the club may have had.

On that note I wish him all the best in Russia.
Fair enough, but just because you didn't like him doesn't mean that other people shouldn't be allowed to express appreciation for someone.

slir32

I think his main aim should be to first become a better footballer and worry about champions league or trophies later.

Morpheus 7

Glad he's gone, wasn't good enough to play for United. He played well against Munich and scored the odd goal when it didn't matter. The problem with Buttner was his defensive positioning. He played so many people onside that it was embarrassing at times. I always felt he was a liability and was never that likable. His parting dig was strange about playing Champions League football. That man of the match 14 times was odd as well. Fair play to some of the fans in here leaving nice messages, unfortunately he meant nothing to me.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Like most, happy to see him leave. All the best to him but christ, he is a bad left back.

marlowe78

I'm still pissed off that he was chosen over Fabio and led to him being sold. That said, I hope he improves elsewhere. Would not be surprised to see him as a wing in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.