Alexandre Lacazette

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Been by far Arsenals best player tonight. Will score a bucket load for them.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Good decision-making and vision when he has to. Impressed.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had very good game. Involved in almost all the attacks.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's quality, but we already knew that. With the madness of this summer and prices, £46m will probably seem like a bargain.

ivaldo

Isn't afraid to work hard and track back either. Won the ball back a few times.

JoaquinJoaquin

The Atletico transfer ban has done Arsenal a huge favour in the fact they were able to get this guy. Excellent player.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I find it a bit strange that everyone knew he was available for a reasonable price and he ended up going to Arsenal, and that he's so far down the pecking order for France. Seems very well-rounded. Comes alive in the right areas and is obviously very good technically.

Z_Wolf

I find it a bit strange that everyone knew he was available for a reasonable price and he ended up going to Arsenal, and that he's so far down the pecking order for France. Seems very well-rounded. Comes alive in the right areas and is obviously very good technically.
The consensus on here was that he was shit because no top club other than Atletico and Arsenal wanted him.

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
I'll never quite understand how he's always overlooked in the French squad. Him and Griezmann teaming up would be tough to stop

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
How long before someone says we got the wrong striker?

Blind

They should really play him with Giroud, not really sure what Welbeck offers other than an occasional gangly run and a few awkward goals over the season.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
They should really play him with Giroud, not really sure what Welbeck offers other than an occasional gangly run and a few awkward goals over the season.
Welbeck was very good this game tbf. Linked up well, dribbled effectively, split the defense once, and the goal. Plus he fell on his arse again.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The consensus on here was that he was shit because no top club other than Atletico and Arsenal wanted him.
You also have those who never watched him saying he was *** because he plays in France and scored a high number of penalties last season.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
If we managed to keep Alexis it would be interesting to see them together.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Very good linking play and workrate. Besides scored a goal and could have another one. Good debut, without Sanchez and Özil (;)).

Blind

Welbeck was very good this game tbf. Linked up well, dribbled effectively, split the defense once, and the goal. Plus he fell on his arse again.
I think very good is pushing it, he was decent but he hasn't pushed on from that awkward, inconsistent player he was at United. There was a definite lift in the crowd when Giroud came on and I think him and Lacazette would be a better balanced partnership, Welbeck's still a great option to have around the squad when he's injury free.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think very good is pushing it, he was decent but he hasn't pushed on from that awkward, inconsistent player he was at United. There was a definite lift in the crowd when Giroud came on and I think him and Lacazette would be a better balanced partnership, Welbeck's still a great option to have around the squad when he's injury free.
Would you rather have Giroud off the bench or Welbeck? I think Giroud is the better striker and in theory would fit better with Lacazette, so imagine the effectiveness when Giroud is coming off the bench against a tired defense.

ivaldo

Would you rather have Giroud off the bench or Welbeck? I think Giroud is the better striker and in theory would fit better with Lacazette, so imagine the effectiveness when Giroud is coming off the bench against a tired defense.
I think you should always start the game with your best players and I'd pick Giroud over Welbeck every time in that formation.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Him and Reus have been top of most Liverpool fans wish lists for a good 3-4 seasons now. Surprised it's taken so long for a team to take a punt on him.

Reus I understand, he's class but made of glass. The German Sturridge. But it's puzzling why Lacazzete has only just moved, Lyons hardball playing chairman aside.

kirk buttercup

He was impressive . Be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes for him. Arsenal needed someone like him for the last few years . Fortunately there defence is shite so it's all still good.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The french posters said that he was good but you didn't listen.

JPRouve

Scout
Him and Reus have been top of most Liverpool fans wish lists for a good 3-4 seasons now. Surprised it's taken so long for a team to take a punt on him.

Reus I understand, he's class but made of glass. The German Sturridge. But it's puzzling why Lacazzete has only just moved, Lyons hardball playing chairman aside.
He didn't move because he loves Lyon, it's as simple as that and he decided to move after seeing his best friend join Barcelona.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I seem to remember a lot of people saying he was nothing without Fekir and he was made to look better because of him, that and the old chestnut of 'he can't be anything special if a donkey like Giroud keeps him out the national team'.

I wouldn't know personally, I don't watch French football and the little I've seen of AL is on YouTube compilations.

Still early days mind, best to judge him after a season not his debut. History is riddled with players starting off on fire and fizzling out. Or vice versa. He's definitely a good fit for Arsenal though. Would've been perfect for City as well.

JPRouve

Scout
I seem to remember a lot of people saying he was nothing without Fekir and he was made to look better because of him, that and the old chestnut of 'he can't be anything special if a donkey like Giroud keeps him out the national team'.

I wouldn't know personally, I don't watch French football and the little I've seen of AL is on YouTube compilations.

Still early days mind, best to judge him after a season not his debut. History is riddled with players starting off on fire and fizzling out. Or vice versa. He's definitely a good fit for Arsenal though. Would've been perfect for City as well.
I don't know who could say something that stupid but stop listening to them. Lacazette was good before Fékir(who was kind of a late bloomer), he had a very good relationship with Fékir before Fékir's injury and he has been very good after Fékir's injury. They are excellent together because they are both talented but they don't rely on each others.

GledTheRed

He will score lots of goals in that arsenal team, I'll never forget a goal I saw him score last which totally changed my opinion of him from poacher to classy striker. He had a similar beautiful first touch tonight, he's got a bit has this lad.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
As debut performances go that was right up there with the best of them. He looks like the perfect fit for that Arsenal team.

What an opening game as well, one that will set the tone for the season hopefully. Goals galore!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good debut. Thought he was good in the early and late stages. Seemed to drift into anonymity at other times. He will definitely be near the top of scorers list throughout the season.

Womp

idiot
Looks good, but I along with others said as much before he even joined Arsenal. Very good striker. The only question mark was whether he could make the step up to a bigger team, we're yet to see that.

ivaldo

Looks good, but I along with others said as much before he even joined Arsenal. Very good striker. The only question mark was whether he could make the step up to a bigger team, we're yet to see that.

:eek: oh no she didn't.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Hah. I think it was widely acknowledged that he was as close to a sure thing as you could get for a top striker. Haven't seen much of him but I can see why. Didn't know it was his choice to stay at Lyon. Makes a lot more sense now.