Alexis Mac Allister | Moves to Liverpool for 35m according to Romano

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

I think he’s a good player and will work out nicely for Liverpool. Become a bit overrated though.
Yeh he's a workhorse who was propped up at the 10 and gievn pen duties. Don't even need to look at stats, eye test will tell you all.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He's an Ander Herrera regen. Does almost everything you want from an 8 technically but his lack of physical attributes means he does have games where he drifts and struggles to make an impact. He has poor finishing although he gets into great postions.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Eh, if you check fbref their stats are quite similar actually.
Cool, so that's either they are both crap or actually both as good as each other right?
And one has been playing this season in a shambles of a team.

Chief123

To be fair, they sign a lot of players that are shit according to RedCafe. They then make them into good players. Henderson, Firmino, Wijnaldum to name a few.
They also sign a lot of players that are shit according to Redcafe and they remain shit. Ox, Keita, Artur, Minamino, Origi, Carvalho

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
They also sign a lot of players that are shit according to Redcafe and they remain shit. Ox, Keita, Artur, Minamino, Origi, Carvalho
Keita and Minamino seemed to have a fan club on here, Keita especially. None of them were bought for much money bar Keita, I believe, and probably weren't intended to be anything more than backup players. Carvalho I think the jury is still out on, he's got potential I think.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
To be fair, Keita was done by injuries.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The one you chased for 2 years?
Oh yes, Bellingham choosing Real over literally every other club in the world is indeed a sign that we can't compete for top players anymore. Great logic there.

Chief123

Oh yes, Bellingham choosing Real over literally every other club in the world is indeed a sign that we can't compete for top players anymore. Great logic there.
The logic being he went to Madrid because Liverpool couldn’t afford him? It’s a bit delusional and revisionist to suddenly make out he chose Real over Liverpool. The whole world knows he was flirting with Liverpool and they were desperate for him. But ultimately they couldn’t afford him. Hence the reason they can’t compete for the top players. Highly doubt they would be going for MacAllister from Brighton if they could.

MadMike

The logic being he went to Madrid because Liverpool couldn’t afford him? It’s a bit delusional and revisionist to suddenly make out he chose Real over Liverpool. The whole world knows he was flirting with Liverpool and they were desperate for him.
He was flirting with Liverpool forever and soon as R.Madrid showed interest he’s immediately agreed to go there. Hmmm :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The logic being he went to Madrid because Liverpool couldn’t afford him? It’s a bit delusional and revisionist to suddenly make out he chose Real over Liverpool. The whole world knows he was flirting with Liverpool and they were desperate for him. But ultimately they couldn’t afford him. Hence the reason they can’t compete for the top players. Highly doubt they would be going for MacAllister from Brighton if they could.
That is really all assumptions on your side and what you make of it, unless you can show me a proper source confirming that?

We were never gonna court a player if we knew from the beginning we would be outpriced. He did just choose Madrid over us, just like Tchouameni did last year.

Chief123

That is really all assumptions on your side and what you make of it, unless you can show me a proper source confirming that?

We were never gonna court a player if we knew from the beginning we would be outpriced. He did just choose Madrid over us, just like Tchouameni did last year.
You must have been living under a rock last few months. Liverpool publicly ruled themselves out of Bellingham and Klopp has done interviews implying Liverpool can’t afford him because they need more than just one player.

laughtersassassin

Liverpool making moves early.

We will need a big summer to stay ahead of them into next season.

Hopefully the club don't let ETH down

Idxomer

Interesting that he had a release clause when the Brighton fan(s) here told us they never use them.

Dannn411

We cannot buy Mount for much higher than they are buying Macallister. There's minimal difference between both players at their very best.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Makes a lot of sense for them - I think he’s kind of positionally ambiguous in midfield (not quite a 10, not quite an 8) which suits their midfield. Smart enough signing.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Good player but doesn't worry me, him going to Liverpool. He has been a bit overrated since the world cup I think, yet to see a really storming season in the PL.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Meh not too concerned by this one. He's a very good player but Brighton players don't have the best track record of stepping up after big moves. Other than White I can't think of any who've really kicked on.

Sparky Rhiwabon

We cannot buy Mount for much higher than they are buying Macallister. There's minimal difference between both players at their very best.
We should be paying significantly less for Mount otherwise we’re being ripped off

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If it was us signing him you can guarantee that figure would be reported differently. 'Way less' ffs.

Alfie092

Whatever the fee, most likely Mount will go for more. In terms of quality, IMO, Mount and Mac Allister are around the same ball park, maybe Mac Allister has the edge.

IF ETH wants Mount for his work-rate, which Mac Allister also offers and is more press resistant on the ball and can play as a number 6. Then why on earth are we not going in for Mac Allister??

I know Mount is English and more of a goal threat upfield, if it was me, I would be more excited about us signing Mac Allister than Mount...

redcucumber

Us getting Mount and them getting Mac Allister would be a huge kick in the nuts.

Crimson King

Us getting Mount and them getting Mac Allister would be a huge kick in the nuts.
Not really. I don't think there's much between them to be honest. At his best Mount has actually shown he offers more at times.

Think this will be a good signing for Liverpool though. Brings some much needed legs into their aging midfield.

Crimson King

Whatever the fee, most likely Mount will go for more. In terms of quality, IMO, Mount and Mac Allister are around the same ball park, maybe Mac Allister has the edge.

IF ETH wants Mount for his work-rate, which Mac Allister also offers and is more press resistant on the ball and can play as a number 6. Then why on earth are we not going in for Mac Allister??

I know Mount is English and more of a goal threat upfield, if it was me, I would be more excited about us signing Mac Allister than Mount...
Mac Allister can't play as a #6. His best games for Brighton have been when he's played much further up the pitch, practically as a #10.

When he has played deeper it's normally when they've played 3 CBs, so he has a lot less to worry about defensively.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
You're either overrating MacAllister, underrating Mount or both. MacAllister might be better but it's not by that much, he isn't a Caicedo-level talent.

I know Mount is English and more of a goal threat
upfield, if it was me, I would be more excited about us signing Mac Allister than Mount...
You’ve answered your question

Status
Not open for further replies.