Alexis offered to Roma

SaintMuppet

A source the club has let slip the reason Alexis has not left OT for China this summer.

According to Chinese culture the piano has bad Feng Shu and Alexis is refusing to move without it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If it's option to buy then hopefully it's something like conditional obligation like "if player plays X number of games, then Inter should sign him".

Ollie Derbyshire

Personally I’d rather keep him for this season as we have no experienced cover up front, I know the wages he’s on are exorbitant but there’s nothing we can do about that. We’re only 1 or 2 injuries away from a very inexperienced front line and I hold out hope that there is a player in there somewhere still but time will tell.

Now IF he has asked us to let him go to Inter then it should be for a loan with a guarantee to buy if they won’t/can’t buy him this year. I think this is fair as we’ll be picking up a large percentage of his wages.

Charlie Foley

If our options are Sánchez stay here and we pay all his wages, or he goes on loan to inter and we pay some of his wages, give me the latter

FerociousCorgis

I do find it funny how players want to move to a different club but still get paid that higher level. Like no, you want to move-you accept whatever contract the new team wants to pay you. At least that is how i would feel it should be.

r0663664

Worships Man City
There is no point of loan to Inter. We can let him go on free or a small fee. I don’t see any point of subsidising his wage while he plays for Inter competing for glory. If he wants to go then take a wage cut.

Gopher Brown

I do find it funny how players want to move to a different club but still get paid that higher level. Like no, you want to move-you accept whatever contract the new team wants to pay you. At least that is how i would feel it should be.
I’m not sure how much truth there is in players insisting upon this - I think usually it’s just an assumption that players want to be paid the same. Once you’re at a certain level is there much of a difference between £200,000 per week and £400,000 per week?

I’ve moved jobs with a pay cut before. Worked out alright, better opportunity.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Except you haven't read what I typed have you? I put Gomes can replace what we lost, because what have we lost? An injury prone player who scored twice and hasn't been used as a striker since he's been here. Now all of a sudden he's a striker in your eyes. Bollocks.
The bollocks rather is you imagining you have made some sort of easy to miss point:lol:

Alexis isn't a striker 'in my eyes'. He has played their regularly at EPL level. You'd have to be plain dumb to imagine because we haven't used him there much he suddenly no longer knows how to play as one. As opposed to a Gomes who has never ever and most likely never will.....

So I don't give a fig how you dress it up. Angel Comes isn't a replacement in any shape or form...

Lemansky

We will be short in numbers if we let him go. I am sceptical but can see that the club wants to get rid.

A loan should be with an obligation to buy and not an option to buy. If he flops at Inter we will have even bigger problems to shift him next year.

Bwuk

Find it mental that Inter want him after signing Lukaku.

Have they not seen them play together the last few seasons?

Devil may care

I don't care either way, if Ole wants to keep him then fine, if Ole thinks having him around is detrimental to the team and wants rid of him then fine. Lets be real, he's been absolute unmitaged poo for the 18 months he's been here.

Adamsk7

Hope he goes. We’ll have both the 11 and 7 free. Time for them both to find their true owners

Ace of Spades

I don't care either way, if Ole wants to keep him then fine, if Ole thinks having him around is detrimental to the team and wants rid of him then fine. Lets be real, he's been absolute unmitaged poo for the 18 months he's been here.
Same. I mean James has already scored half the number of goals that Sanchez did in his time here. Replacing him on his form is really not difficult.

Art Vandelay

Yeah it makes no sense, it's bizarre entitled madness to ask to leave and ask to be paid after you're gone. Either take the contract Inter offer or stay. Asking for both seems absurd, but that's football for some reason.

Mcking

One of the worst signings we've ever made. I'd rather pay 80% of his wages and ship him to Inter's treatment room than pay 100% of his wages and have him messing up everywhere. He's just a liability and completely useless. A League one striker could take his place in the squad and no one would notice.

SirAnderson

"There's a player in there"; "His quality"; "We expect him to come good at this club"

Yeah he ain't going anywhere. Going down this road will be more disappointing than Dybala not signing for, so don't hold you breath thinking he's off.

SAFMUTD

If our options are Sánchez stay here and we pay all his wages, or he goes on loan to inter and we pay some of his wages, give me the latter
What happens if one of either Rashford or Martial gets injured? We’ll have Greenwood starting matches and no substitute. Im all in to ship out Alexis but the window is closed and it’s only a loan option while paying a huge part of his wages, doesn’t really sound that attractive to me.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
The bollocks rather is you imagining you have made some sort of easy to miss point:lol:

Alexis isn't a striker 'in my eyes'. He has played their regularly at EPL level. You'd have to be plain dumb to imagine because we haven't used him there much he suddenly no longer knows how to play as one. As opposed to a Gomes who has never ever and most likely never will.....

So I don't give a fig how you dress it up. Angel Comes isn't a replacement in any shape or form...
You really are a sensitive soul aren't you? What is it that angers you so much about someone's opinion on the internet? :lol:

Anyway I'm well aware of what Sanchez used to be and where he played and truth be told I want nothing more than that Sanchez at old Trafford. But fact remains he's been utter dog shit and provided us with nothing near his best. I don't doubt that Gomes wouldn't even come close to being a replacement of the Sanchez of old (something you think he still is), but replacing the dross that he was last season is a different matter.

If you continue to try and argue with me like you have some sort of god given right to be condescending, because you believe your point is the only point, then don't bother pal cause I'm not too fused. But fact remains that I coceed your point about Sanchez being brilliant when played as a striker years ago and Gomes doesn't come close, but I'm not conceding on my point that Gomes could replace what he offered last season for united.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

You won't win with these guys mate. They think that we can keep losing players and play kids instead with no repercussions whatsoever.

We might as well let DDG leave and play Henderson instead, Matic can leave as we've got Levitt while Pogba can be sold to make space for Garner. The funny thing is that our u23 is a bit shit while the u18s ended 4th last season (North only) and were humiliated 3-0 by Shitty in the youth league cup semi final.

But hey they are ready to take the world.

DoomSlayer

You won't win with these guys mate. They think that we can keep losing players and play kids instead with no repercussions whatsoever.

We might as well let DDG leave and play Henderson instead, Matic can leave as we've got Levitt while Pogba can be sold to make space for Garner. The funny thing is that our u23 is a bit shit while the u18s ended 4th last season (North only)

But hey these kids are world beaters
Sanchez is going to make exactly what difference to where we are as a team this season? Whether we finish outside or inside the top 4, I can bet anything that it won't be because of the Chilean being in the squad or not.

Summit

We might as well let DDG leave and play Henderson instead, Matic can leave as we've got Levitt while Pogba can be sold to make space for Garner. The funny thing is that our u23 is a bit shit while the u18s ended 4th last season

But hey these kids are world beaters
Can't win anything with kids can you? What was it Sir Mat once said? If you are good enough, you are old enough.

Thing is these players like Sanchez that are the experience have done exactly diddly squat for us. He's been injured more often than not and dog shit when not. Not only that he's on astronomical wages to boot. But yeah let's keep this player that apparently doesn't want to play for us.

devilish

Can't win anything with kids can you? What was it Sir Mat once said? If you are good enough, you are old enough.

Thing is these players like Sanchez that are the experience have done exactly diddly squat for us. He's been injured more often than not and dog shit when not. Not only that he's on astronomical wages to boot. But yeah let's keep this player that apparently doesn't want to play for us.
Had anyone said that? However kids needs time to develop, a great manager to lead them and a solid top quality team to rely upon for experience. We lack on all three fronts. But hey lets just rely on players from the U23 team whose in second division and U18 who ended up 4th in the North region (ie no Chelsea, no Spurs, no Arsenal etc). Its evident that they are ready right?

Summit

Had anyone said that? However kids needs time to develop, a great manager to lead them and a solid top quality team to rely upon for experience. We lack on all three fronts.
Had anyone said what?

Keefy18

Instantly? No probably not.

Long term, quite possible.

All players have to start somewhere and lets be honest, Sanchez has been f'n terrible for us and has scored a total of 5 goals... FIVE!

Are you seriously suggesting one of these young lads can't step up and score 5 goals across a whole season?

devilish

Sanchez is going to make exactly what difference to where we are as a team this season? Whether we finish outside or inside the top 4, I can bet anything that it won't be because of the Chilean being in the squad or not.
We are very light upfront so any player can make a difference especially if somehow Sanchez can return to his former best. Even at 50% he's better then most of the tripe we've got.

But hey, lets remove that possibility and rely on these kids of ours. I wonder what they won last season to get so much hype.

devilish

Had anyone said what?
That you can't win with kids. You can win with kids if they talented, they are well lead and they are introduced in a top quality team filled with experience. Our kids can't even win at U23/U18 level, our manager is a random rookie we picked up from Molde and you might not notice but this squad is quite meah.

Summit

That you can't win with kids. You can win with kids if they talented, they are well lead and they are introduced in a top quality team filled with experience. Our kids can't even win at U23/U18 level, our manager is a random rookie we picked up from Molde and you might not notice but this squad is quite meah.
You seriously asking if anyone has ever said that? The day Fergie brought in Scholes, Neville, Butt, Giggs ect for the first game of the season and we lost. Alan Hanson famously took to match of the day and said you can't win anything with kids. We won the double.

Ed9

If he wants to go so badly tell him we're not paying any of his wages. Take what you can get from Inter or they can feck off!

RedDevilUnited369

Guys, am I only one that thinks this is bullshit?! He's going to take a pay cut to play for Inter? We're going to pay half his wages?

What a load of rubbish.

Probably Lukaku trolling UTD fans after being labelled fat.

DoomSlayer

We are very light upfront so any player can make a difference especially if somehow Sanchez can return to his former best. Even at 50% he's better then most of the tripe we've got.

But hey, lets remove that possibility and rely on these kids of ours. I wonder what they won last season to get so much hype.
Sanchez will never be even 25% of his former self, it's better to give his minutes to the likes of James, Greenwood, Gomes and Chong. I'm 1000% certain they will do much better than him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It doesnt really matter to be honest. You cant replace a proven premier league goal scorer with an unproven 17 year despite what potential he has.
Greenwood isn't replacing Lukaku.

Lukaku is being replaced by Martial and Rashford stepping into his role. Greenwood is then just moving up one place in the pecking order behind them.

We've paid him close to £45m so far over the last 18 months, of course he asked to leave. He's got exactly what he wanted.
A bit harsh. If all Sanchez wanted was money he'd just sit on the bench collecting his wage and show no interest in leaving. Instead he seems to want to leave even though he'll certainly have to lower his wages if it's made permanent.

If it's a full transfer, yes. If this happens and Inter do end up making it permanent he'll certainly have to drop his wage then. But for now it'll only be a loan so his current contract has to be honoured.

Keefy18

Sanchez scored 5 goals in 45 apps, are you seriously telling me that not one single one player from Greenwood, Chong, Gomes or James can score 5 goals?

Absolute tripe!!!!

TN61

Supports
Inter
Reports out of Italy indicate this will be a free loan, Inter paying 25% of his wages, with an option to buy for 15 million.

Probably worth the gamble for us given our financial situation.

Mr. Meeseeks

We might as well let DDG leave and play Henderson instead, Matic can leave as we've got Levitt while Pogba can be sold to make space for Garner. The funny thing is that our u23 is a bit shit while the u18s ended 4th last season (North only) and were humiliated 3-0 by Shitty in the youth league cup semi final.

But hey they are ready to take the world.
:lol: This is one of the most clueless posts I have read in a while. Are you honestly implying that wanting Sanchez out to make room for Greenwood is like wanting De Gea out for Henderson? I am actually speechless here. I have no idea what point you even thought you were making. If this was a wind up then well done mate.

Sanchez has done nothing at United but leech off millions while sitting at home and playing with his dogs. De Gea has played almost every game and is indespensable.

You also seem to be confused about where Levitt and Garner play. You don’t actually watch the youth teams do you?

Pro tip: make sure your opinions are well informed before making a fool of yourself on the Internet.