Alexis offered to Roma

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's been plagued with injuries but we all know he's a good player. If the club wants him out then fair enough. They should have sold him/loaned him/binned him and brought in a replacement instead. Instead we're developing a habit of letting players go without bothering in bringing in replacements for them.
He is not a good player at all anymore. Not for us, not for the premier league. It's time that people stopped having this opinion.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I guess we’ll be promoting that Dutch kid Hoggleworts, or whatever his name is, to the first team.

edcunited1878

Fair enough but Solskjaer pretty much confirmed that Greenwood is a like for like replacement of Lukaku, hence, the prerequisities haven't changed.
Ole confirmed that he's expecting Mason to help fill Lukaku's goals, not necessarily a like for like. Mason obviously can play across the forward line but he's played as a right forward during pre season. Either way, Mason is expected to contribute in the goals department this year which is great because it means he's part of the first team squad and has a clear role.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is not a good player at all anymore. Not for us, not for the premier league. It's time that people stopped having this opinion.
Theen as said, sell him and bring in a replacement. We can't start the season with barely any talented options upfront whatsoever. Its already ridiculous that players who should be on the bench for not showing enough consistency are now deemed as crucial first team players.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'm amazed anyone can manage to muster up some outrage at the idea of shedding possibly our biggest flop of all-time and creating more room for young players to break through.

Enigma_87

You know who
Is he worse than Lingard though? Who seems like an important squad member...

Player Red

Does anyone really have an issue with this? Bar 2 passes in the city game, he has had zero impact during 18months here. Giving anyone else playing time would be more effective.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Theen as said, sell him and bring in a replacement. We can't start the season with barely any talented options upfront whatsoever. Its already ridiculous that players who should be on the bench for not showing enough consistency are now deemed as crucial first team players.
So easy to sell him is it? Noone else would pay his ridiculous wages. A loan is the only likely option.

As for replacing him, for wide positions we have James, Greenwood, Gomes or Chong. For striker we have Martial and Greenwood backing up Rashford. Barely any talent? I don't think so! Not much experience, perhaps. But I would much rather these players play than Sanchez simply based on form. If he can start showing what he can do again, different story.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Because he was always fake injured and just not arsed to play football. Great influence to have around the squad right? He's looked so far past it for ages, people who hold out hope for him are living some sort of dream. I'd be delighted if we were ruthless with him and got rid.
He was shit for us in the games under Jose but he never playing like he wasn't arsed.

He was injured quite often plus I wouldn’t take Ole as someone to have an unfounded dislike for a player. He must not have been great in training when he was fit
Yeah this is what I mean. If he's fully fit I don't know why we should offload him (given we are paying most his wages in this deal). He can play into form if he's fit under the right system.

He played enough after he joined, JM shafted both Rashford and Martial on the right, their form dropped while Sanchez produced feck all on the left. With his wages, he is one of biggest mistakes this club ever made (so far).

Look i get it, from someone who said at the time that Martial can feck off and Sanchez is a future, i wouldnt expect nothing less. I personally dont even mind Sanchez that much, my biggest disappointment is that his "buzz" died when he joined, that his work ethic i really liked never rubbed of others, he just became a leech just like others.
If the entire squad got a pass after Jose left given his system was so bad and so on, why do we not do the same with Sanchez and see how he does with a run of games under an attacking philosophy?

because of lack of form.
He was replaced by a player who wasnt red hot for us either. He was offering nothing different to what Sanchez did and tailed off massively.

devilish

So easy to sell him is it? Noone else would pay his ridiculous wages. A loan is the only likely option.
so loan him, sell him, flog him out like Cersei in that nude scene with that lady with the bell shouting shame shame shame behind her but FFS bring in a replacement. We can't keep losing pieces in midfield and forward line and then refuse to replace them adequately. Aren't that desperate to spare 4m in salary? Wasn't getting rid of Herrera, Fellaini and Lukaku without bringing in adequate replacement not good enough for the Glazers?

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Does anyone really have an issue with this? Bar 2 passes in the city game, he has had zero impact during 18months here. Giving anyone else playing time would be more effective.
None whatsoever. Rather than paying 100% of his wages and him being a sulky mard arse, disrupt play whilst constantly running into defenders, generally shrugging, banging the floor, we can pay 75% of his wages and he is as good as out of the club.

Of course if we can get a buyer even better but every cloud at this stage with some of the tut thats left.

Crashoutcassius

Gomes Mata lingard chong rashford martial James is very thin for 4 slots. I guess Andreas played rw for Valencia? If we signed llorente for cover and they took at least 200k of his wages that would be okay... but needs to be replaced in Jan

sincher

so loan him, sell him, flog him out like Cersei in that nude scene with that lady with the bell shouting shame shame shame behind her but FFS bring in a replacement. We can't keep losing pieces in midfield and forward line and then refuse to replace them adequately.
But it isn't that easy is it? Who should we have replaced him with, assuming we can even get another club to play a small percentage of his wages? And what is wrong with replacing him with the likes of James or Greenwood?

bosnian_red

Is he worse than Lingard though? Who seems like an important squad member...
Yes. Much worse. People are forgetting how useless Sanchez is I think... the guy isnt in our starting 11 nor our backup 11 but is our top earner ffs. It's just awful for squad mentality having him there every day.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Is the journalists who is reporting this reliable?

devilish

But it isn't that easy is it? Who should we have replaced him with, assuming we can even get another club to play a small percentage of his wages? And what is wrong with replacing him with the likes of James or Greenwood?
I never said it was going to be easy. Our midfield & forward line has already lost enough quality and experience with Herrera, Fellaini and Lukaku leaving. Our midfield lack talent, the only talented winger we've got is Martial whose inconsistent and the only experienced forward we've got is Rashy whose also inconsistent. Do you really want Sanchez to leave as well? Do you trust these young players with no EPL experience whatsoever to simply slot in and do well if and when are needed? And why the risk? So we can spare the Glazers another 4m in salary? Haven't they made enough money by letting Lukaku, Fellaini and Herrera leave without spending a dime on their replacement?

bosnian_red

Comparing last years attack to this year, we got rid of Lukaku and will try to get rid of Sanchez, being replaced by James coming in, and Greenwood, Chong and Gomes getting roles. I'll take that. Sanchez struggles against anyone he plays, so that's no impact on us. Lukakus goals can be replaced just fine between giving Rashford and Martial more important roles, and the youth coming in.

And how is it ridiculous giving key roles to Rashford and Martial? No matter the manager, those 2 were eventually going to get their chances to be the main men and rightfully so. Sometimes you just need that leap of faith and theyll make the step up, and the situation is perfect with both age and team set up for them to make that step up now.

Enigma_87

You know who
Yes. Much worse. People are forgetting how useless Sanchez is I think... the guy isnt in our starting 11 nor our backup 11 but is our top earner ffs. It's just awful for squad mentality having him there every day.
nah, he is done, that much is clear, but do it early and bring a replacement.

Also 2/3s of the wages. It's very poor deal whatever you look at it.

R'hllor

If the entire squad got a pass after Jose left given his system was so bad and so on, why do we not do the same with Sanchez and see how he does with a run of games under an attacking philosophy?

He was replaced by a player who wasnt red hot for us either. He was offering nothing different to what Sanchez did and tailed off massively.
I dont think its form, think he is just done, everything he is done before us, he cashed out when he joined us basically. Think all of us would like to see Sanchez from his best days, i just think that guy retired.

roseguy64

Sanchez is washed up and if his attitude when he wanted out of Arsenal is anything to go by he's probably not a good personality to have around the team.

However I didn't watch Ole's presser as I don't have 10 minutes for more barefaced lies, I got enough from Woody's paper briefing last night, but if he said he's expecting to use Sanchez as a striker, Roma are blowing smoke or it's just one more lie to add to the pile.
What briefing? It was only one newspaper reporting those post-transfer window thoughts.

sincher

I never said it was going to be easy. Our midfield & forward line has already lost enough quality and experience with Herrera, Fellaini and Lukaku leaving. Our midfield lack talent, the only talented winger we've got is Martial whose inconsistent and the only experienced forward we've got is Rashy whose also inconsistent. Do you really want Sanchez to leave as well? Do you trust these young players with no EPL experience whatsoever to simply slot in and do well if and when are needed? And why the risk? So we can spare the Glazers another 4m in salary? Haven't they made enough money by letting Lukaku, Fellaini and Herrera leave without spending a dime on their replacement?
We should definitely have bought a midfielder I think, maybe even 2. That is where the real worry is for me. For the attack I am excited about seeing what our new first teamers can do. A lot, I reckon.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Given that we've just sold our top scorer of the last 2 seasons without replacing him, loaning another first team forward out while also paying the majority of his wages to play for another club would be retarded even by our standards. We'd literally be down to 2 forwards and a teenager who has 3 senior appearances. We surely aren't that stupid.

devilish

Comparing last years attack to this year, we got rid of Lukaku and will try to get rid of Sanchez, being replaced by James coming in, and Greenwood, Chong and Gomes getting roles. I'll take that. Sanchez struggles against anyone he plays, so that's no impact on us. Lukakus goals can be replaced just fine between giving Rashford and Martial more important roles, and the youth coming in.

And how is it ridiculous giving key roles to Rashford and Martial? No matter the manager, those 2 were eventually going to get their chances to be the main men and rightfully so. Sometimes you just need that leap of faith and theyll make the step up, and the situation is perfect with both age and team set up for them to make that step up now.
We lost a regular top scorer, our second best midfielder and a valuable and experienced CM without even bothering replacing them. Do we really want to lighten the forward line even further by sending an EPL proven winger to Rome to rely blindly on some 17 year olds with no EPL experience whatsoever? All for what really? To spare the Glazers an extra 4m in salary?

Also We're giving Rashford and Martial crucial roles because we hardly have a choice. Would they be regulars if they played in the third CL team or the treble team? I very much doubt it. Actually I don't even think they would be anywhere at the club let alone crucial first teamers. I am sorry but this is not a leap of faith in my books but a leap of madness.

Devil may care

What briefing? It was only one newspaper reporting those post-transfer window thoughts.
The journos were all running with the same logline out of United, when that happens you know it's a briefing, like last year when Mourinho didn't get a CB, the window shut and that night every paper carried the story that we didn't buy a CB as our experts didn't think Maguire was better than what we had and that his other choices were too old, but had he wanted Varane we would have paid a £100M to get him.

edgar allan

He was shit for us in the games under Jose but he never playing like he wasn't arsed.

Sanchez offered nothing full stop. Although he did run around a bit...at first.

MadMike

How would we be relying on them? In no way do we rely on Sanchez as it is, hes not among the top 6 options for either a front 3 in either a 433 or a 4231, and its debatable if he would be the pick after them.
I’ll stop you right there. Where is this coming from, did Ole tell you? Or are you basing this on the fact he didn’t play in preseason because he was unavailable due to Copa America?

Sambob

The amount of people asking for Jadon Sancho this summer for 100m but then saying why are we playing Greenwood and Chong is hilarious. Heads gone and the season hasnt even started, going to be a long hard season for some of the fans this one.

devilish

We should definitely have bought a midfielder I think, maybe even 2. That is where the real worry is for me. For the attack I am excited about seeing what our new first teamers can do. A lot, I reckon.
If we added 2 CM and a RW then I wouldn't have any complains whatsoever in letting Sanchez go. If Rashy needed some rest then Martial could move upfront, James, Gomes and Lingard could take the LW, the new guy & Chong would bring quality at RW. Meanwhile Greenwood would be our plan C, a role that suits a 17 year old greatly. However its not the case. We need all hands in deck and we're in no position to loan anybody at this point. All for what, so that the Glazers can spare 4m in salary?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sanchez offered nothing full stop. Although he did run around a bit...at first.
That's a ridiculous overreaction. He was poor but saying he offered nothing full stop is far over the top. Wouldn't expect much less from some on the caf these says I suppose. Everyone appears too emotional and ultra in their views.

stepic

would be happy to get rid. this season seemingly is all about the kids, so he will just get in the way.

roseguy64

The journos were all running with the same logline out of United, when that happens you know it's a briefing, like last year when Mourinho didn't get a CB, the window shut and that night every paper carried the story that we didn't buy a CB as our experts didn't think Maguire was better than what we had and that his other choices were too old, but had he wanted Varane we would have paid a £100M to get him.
Don't see anything from Stone, McDonell and Jackson plus Ducker is behind a paywall. So far, only the Standard I see with anything approaching that.

edgar allan

That's a ridiculous overreaction. He was poor but saying he offered nothing full stop is far over the top. Wouldn't expect much less from some on the caf these says I suppose. Everyone appears too emotional and ultra in their views.
Fair enough, on reflection- next to nothing

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Assuming his wages are 450K. If he goes on loan we should be clearing at least 250K. Other clubs might not take up that part of his wages, per se, but they could pay a loan fee, which is completely in order. That would clear 12M a year, maybe 9-10M given the season calendar.

Of course, we should be trying everything possible to just get him out, proper. Even if that means subsidising his wages by half.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Are you saying Sanchez is on 1M a week gross?
No, he's talking about Ronaldo. He's paid €60m gross per year at Juve which translates to ~£1m a week gross.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Given that we've just sold our top scorer of the last 2 seasons without replacing him, loaning another first team forward out while also paying the majority of his wages to play for another club would be retarded even by our standards. We'd literally be down to 2 forwards and a teenager who has 3 senior appearances. We surely aren't that stupid.
I agree that we need a better deal than that, but I'm not sure he's anything other than a negative influence in this young group of players. He's a sulky character, he moans and waves his hands all the time when he's playing (was always giving Monreal shit at Arsenal) and then his wages are the elephant in the dressing room.