Alexis offered to Roma

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Fair enough, on reflection- next to nothing
I would completely understand flogging him if we had players of which at least ONE was established. But none of them are, and the player who replaced him offered next to nothing as soon as his new contract was signed.

edgar allan

I would completely understand flogging him if we had players of which at least ONE was established. But none of them are, and the player who replaced him offered next to nothing as soon as his new contract was signed.
I do think that flogging would be an excessive punishment however I agree that those that imagine Martial will be reborn as an all action, hard working incarnation of Henry this season will be sadly mistaken.

Uncle Pat

I think he might just be worth keeping around this season. The new style of play that Ole has implemented should suit him down to the ground.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
We lost a regular top scorer, our second best midfielder and a valuable and experienced CM without even bothering replacing them. Do we really want to lighten the forward line even further by sending an EPL proven winger to Rome to rely blindly on some 17 year olds with no EPL experience whatsoever? All for what really? To spare the Glazers an extra 4m in salary?

Also We're giving Rashford and Martial crucial roles because we hardly have a choice. Would they be regulars if they played in the third CL team or the treble team? I very much doubt it. Actually I don't even think they would be anywhere at the club let alone crucial first teamers. I am sorry but this is not a leap of faith in my books but a leap of madness.
I can't believe my eyes. Everyone is all on board the crazy train it seems. We are already short up-front, no experience whatsoever, no chance of a replacement, the one position is opening up where he might be able to provide value to us, considering he had his best season at Arsenal as a ST and he hasn't even been tried there yet with us.

To entertain getting rid of Sanchez under these circumstances is certifiable.

clarkydaz

Woodward really does raise the bar. Pay players extortionate amounts of money to play for someone else

Enigma_87

You know who
Comparing last years attack to this year, we got rid of Lukaku and will try to get rid of Sanchez, being replaced by James coming in, and Greenwood, Chong and Gomes getting roles. I'll take that. Sanchez struggles against anyone he plays, so that's no impact on us. Lukakus goals can be replaced just fine between giving Rashford and Martial more important roles, and the youth coming in.

And how is it ridiculous giving key roles to Rashford and Martial? No matter the manager, those 2 were eventually going to get their chances to be the main men and rightfully so. Sometimes you just need that leap of faith and theyll make the step up, and the situation is perfect with both age and team set up for them to make that step up now.
Here’s a thought though. Mason turns out not to be good enough, we have sold our experienced strikers. Then what? Turn to the u16?

Sir Scott McToMinay

I can't believe my eyes. Everyone is all on board the crazy train it seems. We are already short up-front, no experience whatsoever, no chance of a replacement, the one position is opening up where he might be able to provide value to us, considering he had his best season at Arsenal as a ST and he hasn't even been tried there yet with us.

I can’t believe my eyes that some people see Alexis Sanchez as a remotely contributing member of the squad.
The Alexis Sanchez we’ve seen during the year and a half he’s been here was either injured or utter shite, that’s the reality of things and that all we can judge him by.
He had fecked up our wage structure to no avail, at this point we would do well to pay someone 10m to get him off out books and get done with it.

He had been nothing but one of the poorest and least effective players in the squad and that me being flattering, might as well play some u18 attacker we won’t see much of a difference.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Here’s a thought though. Mason turns out not to be good enough, we have sold our experienced strikers. Then what? Turn to the u16?
Steady on, people don't think that far ahead. It's all flowers and fairy tales this season.

Marcelinho87

I'd take it and pay his full wages to be honest. It's quite obvious he is a disruption and isn't liked amongst our players so it would be worth it just for harmony reasons.

More game time for Gomes etc too which is a bonus.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I can’t believe my eyes that some people see Alexis Sanchez as a remotely contributing member of the squad.
The Alexis Sanchez we’ve seen during the year and a half he’s been here was either injured or utter shite, that’s the reality of things and that all we can judge him by.
He had fecked up our wage structure to no avail, at this point we would do well to pay someone 10m to get him off out books and get done with it.

He had been nothing but one of the poorest and least effective players in the squad and that me being flattering, might as well play some u18 attacker we won’t see much of a difference.
He has been nowhere near fit enough, constantly injured, i agree. But he is still mentally & technically a level above most of our team.

It looks like he will get a chance up-front this season. If he can get over his injury troubles, then it makes no sense to get rid of him, regardless of how disappointing he was last season.

fps

Is he Batman? High profile (multi-millionaire, pianist, film star), frequently has to leave events at short notice, such as football matches he's participating in. Now absent again. Perhaps he's training with Ras Al Ghul.

Sir Scott McToMinay

He has been nowhere near fit enough, constantly injured, i agree. But he is still mentally & technically a level above most of our team.

It looks like he will get a chance up-front this season. If he can get over his injury troubles, then it makes no sense to get rid of him, regardless of how disappointing he was last season.
Mentally? Based on what?
Technically? I don’t know about that, but then again Mata is one of our most technical players and he’s a nothing player in reality.

It’s all wishful thinking and nostalgia from his Arsenal days, he’s been dreadful for us, no better than Falcao.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I would have loved to have gotten rid of Sanchez if some a few offensive players were brought but right it would be complete stupidity (which makes it sort of likely to happen) from the club to loan him. We cannot afford to lose a senior player even if it is Alexis Sanchez.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Mentally? Based on what?
Technically? I don’t know about that, but then again Mata is one of our most technical players and he’s a nothing player in reality.

It’s all wishful thinking and nostalgia from his Arsenal days, he’s been dreadful for us, no better than Falcao.
I believe he is mentally strong yes. Nothing might have came off for him last season, but was he hiding? He constantly wanted the ball and tried to create for us.

He has only showed his technical skills on a few occasions, but are you really going to debate whether Lingard or Matic for eg. have more technical ability than him?

I wouldn't describe it as complete nostalgia, it's what he has shown he is capable of only a few years ago. The way i see it is, i would rather give him the minutes because his ceiling is much higher than Lingard/Mata.

If he could get some form back, he would be 10x the player for us than them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Only Chinese could afford him... let's force him to learn some chinese

R'hllor

I would have loved to have gotten rid of Sanchez if some a few offensive players were brought but right it would be complete stupidity (which makes it sort of likely to happen) from the club to loan him. We cannot afford to lose a senior player even if it is Alexis Sanchez.
Well maybe Ole thinks he has negative impact on the whole group, if his work ethic isnt good enough on top of his wages, maybe others looking around thinking this is bs.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I work with quite a few match going arsenal fans. They all say the same, in his last 18 months he offered nothing and contributed nothing. Sulked all the time and was as welcome as a fart in a space suit in the dressing room. So we already got a player who was on the decline and past the point of reinventing his game (like Giggs / Scholes etc). Get shut

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Well maybe Ole thinks he has negative impact on the whole group, if his work ethic isnt good enough on top of his wages, maybe others looking around thinking this is bs.
Maybe he does and obviously he would know more about it than all of us. I just think we will regret having such a thin attacking squad this season. Our established attackers aren't trustworthy

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I work with quite a few match going arsenal fans. They all say the same, in his last 18 months he offered nothing and contributed nothing. Sulked all the time and was as welcome as a fart in a space suit in the dressing room. So we already got a player who was on the decline and past the point of reinventing his game (like Giggs / Scholes etc). Get shut
Which is why I don't think keeping him here for the sake of numbers is sensible. He's already created an alienating effect within the dressing room due to the wages.

Is the Chinese window still open? They might not pay a transfer fee, but they could pay him shitloads. Getting rid outright would clear 20-25M a year, and produce a bit of a clean slate in the dressing room.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I’ll stop you right there. Where is this coming from, did Ole tell you? Or are you basing this on the fact he didn’t play in preseason because he was unavailable due to Copa America?
Probably based on the past 9 months of Ole in charge plus the previous year of watching Sanchez stink up the place here. Not the aoightest chance Sanchez has a significant role this season.

Buy someone in January/next summer? Lukaku sure as feck wasn't good enough, and Sanchez sure as feck wasn't good enough. We're in transition, I'd rather give those minutes to someone who has the potential to reach the top then give them to 2 players who aren't suited to us and aren't good enough anyway.

R'hllor

Maybe he does and obviously he would know more about it than all of us. I just think we will regret having such a thin attacking squad this season. Our established attackers aren't trustworthy
You might be right, we shall see, he could stay at the end.

Lebowski

I'm not joking and no, I can't understand that.

If you want someone to leave that means he has no value, paying 1% of the wages to a non-value adding player is poor business. Therefore, a loan or permanent move will benefit United.

That is under the assumption that Sanchez has no value to the team. I don't necessarily believe that is true but it is pretty darn close to 0. I bet the players hate him, I hate colleagues that earn way more than me despite providing a fraction of the benefit to the employer. He also seems like an outcast that does more damage than good to the atmosphere and morale.
You say that 'paying 1% of the wages to a non-value adding player is poor business', but you still can't understand why people are against paying the majority of his wages to a player who will literally add no value to us as he will be on loan at another team?

I think virtually all reds would have been delighted to see Sanchez leave and be replaced this summer. However, this particular deal at this particular time is a different story. We're an injury away from a centre forward crisis already and the season hasn't even started yet! The transfer window closed yesterday so the option to replace him with anybody is obviously now gone. Added to that, we've seen the club's top goal threat and two key midfielders leave and not be replaced. Continuing to pay the majority of his wages but having him unavailable for selection has no tangible benefit for us unless he really is so toxic and disruptive that we need to get him out of the club by any means necessary. We don't know if he is or not, but given the manager's comments this morning and the lack of any real effort to ship him out in the summer I wouldn't have thought it was the case. His transfer was immensely damaging for us, but that's down to the deal we offered him, not his personality or his disruptive influence.

Rafaeldagold

We need him with Lukaku & no replacement brought in.

We’ve got such a lack of depth/quality stiker/attacking wise & a mediocre midfield that I can’t see us getting us top 4 at all.
At least Alexis has proven quality .

Would a stronger manager than Ole have demanded some quality additions?

Enigma_87

You know who
Buy someone in January/next summer? Lukaku sure as feck wasn't good enough, and Sanchez sure as feck wasn't good enough. We're in transition, I'd rather give those minutes to someone who has the potential to reach the top then give them to 2 players who aren't suited to us and aren't good enough anyway.
In January prices are inflated, not many players fancy a move. We will have to buy someone who doesn't fit us 100% or significantly overpay for others. Something we're now briefed that it wasn't our intention this window.

We've seen far bigger talents go to waste or never reach their ceiling than Mason.

The amount of pressure that is put on this kid is unreal.

Leo Messi didn't kick it off the bat at that age, he needed 4-5 seasons of experience in functional team to begin looking like a world beater in terms of actually performing that talent on the pitch.

Cristiano needed 4-5 seasons of patience, inconsistency to show his true value.

Promoting a youth player is not like a "new signing". Come on.

Our youth team isn't really pulling trees these years and apart from Pogba I wouldn't call any of our youth players in the last 15 years a definite starter for a top 4 side.

It all looks good on paper and it's romantic feeling, but if shit hits the fan that plan falls down on its arse with no plan B.

We miss out on top 4 and again your Sancho's and Dybala's won't come next year.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

that's how I see things as well.

bosnian_red

In January prices are inflated, not many players fancy a move. We will have to buy someone who doesn't fit us 100% or significantly overpay for others. Something we're now briefed that it wasn't our intention this window.

We've seen far bigger talents go to waste or never reach their ceiling than Mason.

The amount of pressure that is put on this kid is unreal.

Leo Messi didn't kick it off the bat at that age, he needed 4-5 seasons of experience in functional team to begin looking like a world beater in terms of actually performing that talent on the pitch.

Promoting a youth player is not like a "new signing". Come on.

Our youth team isn't really pulling trees these years and apart from Pogba I wouldn't call any of our youth players in the last 15 years a definite starter for a top 4 side.

It all looks good on paper and it's romantic feeling, but if shit hits the fan that plan falls down on its arse with no plan B.

We miss out on top 4 and again your Sancho's and Dybala's won't come next year.
Have we? Mason Greenwood is as promising a player as I've seen at the club through the youth, and by many accounts, as promising as we've seen since the co92. And he looks to have a good head on his shoulders, unlike someone like Ravel Morrison. Of course hes young, but that doesnt mean he won't be a useful player. As it is, hes far more useful to us as a squad player than Sanchez is. That's nothing to do with imaginary expectations, that's entirely based on the 1.5 years if Sanchez and the little time Greenwood has spent in the first team. It's not even close in fact.

Anyway; what exactly are you arguing? Do you think Sanchez is a difference maker in any way? Do you think hes a useful squad player in any way? If so, what the feck have you been watching? Hes as useless to us as Darmian or Rojo are, plain and simple wasted wages. This isnt a case of Greenwood needing to be a key player, it's a case of all 3 of our promising young attackers being far better players then fecking Alexis Sanchez who is a sack of useless shit at this point.

As for Lukaku, his role in the team is being replaced by Martial and Rashford, and I'm confident both are capable of stepping up.

Enigma_87

You know who
Have we? Mason Greenwood is as promising a player as I've seen at the club through the youth, and by many accounts, as promising as we've seen since the co92. And he looks to have a good head on his shoulders, unlike someone like Ravel Morrison. Of course hes young, but that doesnt mean he won't be a useful player. As it is, hes far more useful to us as a squad player than Sanchez is. That's nothing to do with imaginary expectations, that's entirely based on the 1.5 years if Sanchez and the little time Greenwood has spent in the first team. It's not even close in fact.

Anyway; what exactly are you arguing? Do you think Sanchez is a difference maker in any way? Do you think hes a useful squad player in any way? If so, what the feck have you been watching? Hes as useless to us as Darmian or Rojo are, plain and simple wasted wages. This isnt a case of Greenwood needing to be a key player, it's a case of all 3 of our promising young attackers being far better players then fecking Alexis Sanchez who is a sack of useless shit at this point.

As for Lukaku, his role in the team is being replaced by Martial and Rashford, and I'm confident both are capable of stepping up.

To me Rossi looked as good as Mason in the youth set up if not more, yet didn't really made the step. Januzaj looked great and nailed on to make it(also with good head on his shoulders), Kiko Macheda was also an all round versatile striker and looked like a fantastic prospect for a month in PL, Welbeck... There are many names that you would find comparable to Mason, and whilst he is no doubt a talent and probably make it at the highest level that's not a certainty.

What I'm arguing is that you need senior players when you are short in a certain position. I'm not against selling Alexis, but replace him - don't just remove yet another senior member and doing nothing.

You don't throw kids just like that in the deep. You never know if they will cope with the pressure and expectations. And that's not imaginary expectations. Playing at youth level and stepping up for one of the biggest clubs in the world is a big fecking deal - in front of 76000 week in and week out.

Red For Ever

Good point, but is " Mason not Good enough" still better than what we have seen from Sanchez

bosnian_red

To me Rossi looked as good as Mason in the youth set up if not more, yet didn't really made the step. Januzaj looked great and nailed on to make it(also with good head on his shoulders), Kiko Macheda was also an all round versatile striker and looked like a fantastic prospect for a month in PL, Welbeck... There are many names that you would find comparable to Mason, and whilst he is no doubt a talent and probably make it at the highest level that's not a certainty.

What I'm arguing is that you need senior players when you are short in a certain position. I'm not against selling Alexis, but replace him - don't just remove yet another senior member and doing nothing.

You don't throw kids just like that in the deep. You never know if they will cope with the pressure and expectations. And that's not imaginary expectations. Playing at youth level and stepping up for one of the biggest clubs in the world is a big fecking deal - in front of 76000 week in and week out.
Yes but my argument is that San hez played literally no role last season, and the kittle he did he was shite. So they are replacing shite. Even if they are shite, it doesnt put us in a worse position. Like I said, Samchez will make no difference to our performances whether he stays or goes with nobody replacing him. The only potential with him is having him around hurts squad morale and brings down the togetherness of the team, gives us pointless distractions, and brings down the quality of training sessions (while picking up £350k a week). There is no hope for him to give us anything useful on the pitch, him being an experienced squad player doesnt matter. That's the reason we extended Mata, not Sanchez.

Also I'll have to disagree with your list. Rossini looked quality and was undoubtedly hurt by injuries, but Greenwood just looks better IMO. Of course nobody is a guarantee, I never said that. What I'm saying is he has the potential to be a brilliant player, and this very season it's not unrealistic for him to become a valuable squad player. If he doesnt cut it, well then his current level is still more useful than Sanchez, and at least we gave them the chances rather then giving games to Sanchez which doesnt help us on the pitch and certainly doesnt help off of it.

bosnian_red

Good point, but is " Mason not Good enough" still better than what we have seen from Sanchez
A clear yes as it stands, for all 3 of Greenwood, Chong and Gomes. Which is my point. Sanchez is wasted wages the same way Darmian and Rojo are. Having them around doesn't help in any way.