Alexis offered to Roma

0le

Thank you Roma.

EDIT: It's united paying the wages, not so sure then. What's the point of that?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was expecting Alexis to fill the gap in the rotation that Lukaku's left, especially after Ole said he expected him to stay in his presser today. Still, given his failure to settle, it wouldn't be a huge shock if we did let him leave on loan.

ChaddyP

would make no sense unless gomes and chong are now first team members

Zoo

I can only see this being remotely possible now if he's causing trouble behind the scenes.

United58

I'd be happy enough with this if it meant more time for Greenwood, Gomes and Chong - only Lingard and Mata as deadwood in the attacking line if it goes through.

brownyorkshireman

Personally think it makes sense tbh, don't think he will realistically make many appearances for us this season-and no one can afford to pay his wages. So why not loan him out.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I suppose paying 50% of his wages for zero return is better than paying 100% of his wages for zero return.........
It would be more shocking at this point if he did anything positive for us next year than not. Such a brutal signing given the hopes we had for him. I think any move to get him out the door should be taken.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
If Sanchez leaves, that means one less option for the attacking lines. Lingard, Martial, Rashford will be the only ‘established’ attackers, with James and Greenwood as depth. I dont know if it’s a great idea to loan Sanchez with that lack of depth.

Classical Mechanic

Does no one remember all those little injuries he keep getting where he walked normally off the pitch holding his groin and then disappeared for a few months. Then at the end of the season it transpires that he's made his big screen debut with a lead role in a film in Chile!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Think that's actually clever.

We want to hit the ground running and can't afford to play him into form.

He goes out on loan and he can play himself into form and we'll take him back. If he can't, he's sold.

Enfant terrible

with an obligation to purchase? then yes. otherwise, maybe not the best idea (depending on the portion of the wage we would pay)

Jacob

I suppose paying 50% of his wages for zero return is better than paying 100% of his wages for zero return.........
Doubt they would want to pay Sanchez as much as their best earner. If they did, United would have to pay 2/3 of his salary, if he doesn't go down in salary that is.

If Sanchez was to cut is salary in half, then Roma could probably pay 50%.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I can only see this being remotely possible now if he's causing trouble behind the scenes.
I suspect it is the case.

If we can offload him to anyone we should do, irrespective of how much of his wages we have to cover.

Gomes doesn’t look ready but he really can’t be any worse than Sanchez was last season.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not sure we can let another attacker go.