Alexis Alejandro Sánchez Sánchez
Date of Birth: Dec 19, 1988 (29)
Height: 1,69 m
Nationality:
Chile
Foot: Right

BBC Documentary:

Alexis Sanchez said:
Since I was a young lad I’ve always said that my dream was to play for Manchester United, and I’m not just saying that because I’m here now and today it’s come true. I always said as a kid that I’d like to play for United and I once spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson about it. We chatted for around 20 minutes. And I told him that my dream was to come here to Manchester United. It really is a massive club, very powerful, and so now, when I got the opportunity to come here, I looked at the badge and my hairs just stood up on end because it’s a powerful club and the biggest in England.
Jose Mourinho said:
Alexis is one of the best attacking players in the world and he will complete our very young and talented group of attacking players. He will bring his ambition, drive and personality - qualities that make a Manchester United player

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Hopefully a new start from him will get him firing like he was before this season!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fantastic addition to the team, Jose will love his work ethic & he has the quality to create/score when we need a goal.

Assuming we stick with 4-2-3-1, I hope he & Lingard play an interchanging role between RW & #10 and we let Martial continue at LW.

Oscie

Should an exchange player even be expected to make the bench automatically? Asking for a friend. That friend supports Arsenal.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Lowest performance rating of anyone in our squad.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Odds on him winning Sir Matt Busby player of the year?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He's put in a fantastic performance so far, the deftness of his touch is exemplary, and he executed the instructions perfectly. Lovely piano piece.

AndyJ1985

Jesus, it's surreal seeing an Alexis Sanchez performance thread. Can't wait to see him playing in a United shirt.

haram

The chance to play in this historic stadium and to work with José Mourinho was something I could not turn down.

:drool:

Dash247

Finally, it's done.
I am very excited.
I hope he starts and scores a Hat-trick against spurs :)

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
"I spent hours watching footage of Jesse Lingard dabbing and I cannot wait to play the piano whilst celebrating Jesse's next goal".

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
In terms of where he'll play - don't think I'd want him on the right too often. You play your best players in the roles where they are best and he is now our best player IMO so we should get the most out of him. He played loads on the left but his best form has usually come through the middle. Obviously won't be the main striker (unless lukaku goes to the right in a 433) but playing right off lukaku could bring out his best consistently. We'll see. Cant wait though. Should help lukaku, martial and Pogba all step up a level though having him there to create for them and take defenders away.

Status
Not open for further replies.