5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadrevelz

I'd strap him to a chair, force his eyelids open and show him videos of his performances for Chile and Barcelona until he snaps out of it or goes insane.

zenith

If I think back, his decline was well and truly underway in the last six months before he left arsenal. But there was clearly no way to tell cause everyone thought he was sulking because of his situation there.

Perhaps we could try him in the no. 9 position for the remainder of the season as a last resort.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's Rooney all over again.
Talking about changing position or having "pace" around him.

Litch

I don't get it. The general consensus was if you were an attacking player for us under Jose, you were fecked. We played the most rancid attacking football for years and everyone going forward suffered. I think that was pretty much accepted so why has Sanchez been anymore of a disappointment than the other attacking players? The others like Martial weren't judged during the Jose era but before it. We can't have it both ways.
Not saying Sanchez will work out but let's at least give him the same opportunity as the others. So far 11 games in, him and Rom have pretty much not played many games aside from generally coming off the bench which we know isn't the same...

kr0nix

Alexis Texas would probably do a significantly better job for us at this point.

Owen06

So you think game time is the reason they've been horrible?
Sanchez was terrible before he left arsenal,was terrible in his first month here, then some fans along with the coach,said it was because he only came in january and needed a few months,was awesome during preseason but then season began and was and is still awful,the guy has declined,no amount of game time will bring him back to what he was.
And as for lukaku and game time,we need to keep those two apart from each other,got mourinho (his step dad) sacked, let's not make it cost ole his appointment.

Bobski

I don't get it. The general consensus was if you were an attacking player for us under Jose, you were fecked. We played the most rancid attacking football for years and everyone going forward suffered. I think that was pretty much accepted so why has Sanchez been anymore of a disappointment than the other attacking players? The others like Martial weren't judged during the Jose era but before it. We can't have it both ways.
Not saying Sanchez will work out but let's at least give him the same opportunity as the others. So far 11 games in, him and Rom have pretty much not played many games aside from generally coming off the bench which we know isn't the same...
His wages.

No affinity to him, Rashford, Martial, Lingard, even Pogba, guys we watched develop from young players with the expected dips. Sanchez was the mercenary talent to push us over the top and he has been rancid.

reddaz71

Very much the elephant in the room, don't see how we offload him given his salary, another Woodward masterstroke.....

Greck

All those names were performing to a certain level while Jose was here. They had short bursts of looking like worldbeaters so it was easy to deduce they would explode under an attacking system. Sanchez on the other hand showed no such ability.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Time to step up for him and Rom. They have to make it hard for Tony and Jessie to get back in the team
Unfortunately, I don't see neither Sanchez or Lukaku stepping up. They'll play as they have all season and when Martial and Lingard are ready to start, Sanchez and Lukaku will go straight back on the bench.
I wanted to give Sanchez a chance, but I have given up on him, now. He is a Galactico class player who apparently needs months/years to adapt. IMO if Sanchez was going to do well for us, he'd have done it from Game 1. A player like Sanchez does not need months/years to adapt to a league that he has played in, for several years.
And as for Lukaku - his style of play does not suit the direction that Ole wants to take us. It's pointless trying to tell him to play in a way that he is not accustomed to. On top of which his weight has become a huge issue this season and he seems unable to lose it.

ArjenIsM3

What the hell is this.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/16/alex...ollapsing-paris-saint-germain-defeat-8647545/

‘When they scored that first goal, I looked at them [team-mates] and I thought, no, something’s not right. ‘I looked in their eyes and I thought, there isn’t that feeling there [of coming back], I’m not getting it.’

He needs to leave the club!
What are you shit stirring for? He said he thought his teammates no longer believed in a comeback, not that he didn't believe in it. Also said he thought that was wrong. And I don't know if you watched that game but it sure as hell looked as if he was right.

I enjoyed that interview. Seems open and honest. Most interviews players give might as well have been written up by their PR team. This is refreshing.

Jericholyte2

What are you shit stirring for? He said he thought his teammates no longer believed in a comeback, not that he didn't believe in it. Also said he thought that was wrong. And I don't know if you watched that game but it sure as hell looked as if he was right.

I enjoyed that interview. Seems open and honest. Most interviews players give might as well have been written up by their PR team. This is refreshing.
I’m shit stirring because a player who supposedly has a world class talent is going on about how others failed to make a strong performance against PSG when he was first in line for disappointing performances.

If he’d pulled a ‘Roy Keane vs Juventus’ and pulled us back into the tie I could forgive something like that but he was just as invisible as anyone else.

Also, just great for team morale to throw everyone else under the bus!

izec

I’m shit stirring because a player who supposedly has a world class talent is going on about how others failed to make a strong performance against PSG when he was first in line for disappointing performances.

If he’d pulled a ‘Roy Keane vs Juventus’ and pulled us back into the tie I could forgive something like that but he was just as invisible as anyone else.

Also, just great for team morale to throw everyone else under the bus!
talk about overreaction.

Jericholyte2

talk about overreaction.
I just think it’s the height of hypocrisy for a guy who’s been pretending to be a footballer for the last year to feel he has any right complaining about others not performing.

ArjenIsM3

I just think it’s the height of hypocrisy for a guy who’s been pretending to be a footballer for the last year to feel he has any right complaining about others not performing.
He didn't say his teammates were shite. He said it looked as if they had lost belief after going one down against a side that were at that point (we'd already lost Lingard and Martial) playing better than we were. It was clear for everyone to see they lost belief. For me, this was the first time since Ole took over that I didn't believe we were going to get back in it.

SteveW

More chances wont bring his pace back.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He had enough to be effective. Now he doesn't
I don't think he's ineffective just because he's slow. He's ineffective because he's either terribly rusty and needs game time, or simply not up to it. The more he disappoints the more it looks the latter.

Before he would buzz about everywhere. Now it's sort of there but in small patches and not sustained.

Irwin99

The fans have been supportive but against PSG there were a few groans when he messed things up. I don't know how this situation gets solved (playing him on the wings isn't working).

PeteManic

Fantastic interview with Sanchez on BBC. Speaking in Spanish he comes across very well. Very serious.

Renegade

Worked hard, credit to him. Quality & explosiveness just isn’t there anymore unfortunately. That through ball should have sent him on his way to a goalscroring chance.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Put himself about very well. One thing you definitely can’t knock is his effort.

Sanchez7

Did more than Lukaku did in 70 mins. I would give him a start in a central position with Rashford and Martial on either side.

el3mel

Didn't think he did anything spectacular tbh. He's just so shite these days that any decent ball he makes comes out as a surprise.

Minimalist

Bit better than PSG for sure.

Still doesn't look good, nor anywhere near the quality we need from a player on that cash.

haram

Didn't think he did anything spectacular tbh. He's just so shite these days that any decent ball he makes comes out as a surprise.
He barely had a chance to get on the ball. What he did, he did well.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He looked certainly more like a hungry player and Ole doesn't give up on him which is kinda good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.