5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Grimes

People aren't hating him, they're just saiying he's done. Also as an attacking player he should be judged on his offensive contributions, of which there were almost none.. no one is faulting his effort, but it's not enough.
He hasn't started many games under Ole. He will get better with games, as will everyone else. Everyone was calling Lukaku a donkey a week ago and he was our match winner tonight.

mu4c_20le

He hasn't started many games under Ole. He will get better with games, as will everyone else. Everyone was calling Lukaku a donkey a week ago and he was our match winner tonight.
Yeah but Lukaku is still a donkey. Thats classic Lukaku for you, he'll get you the goals, but will also be frustrating 85% of the time.

Macedonian Red

I am more disappointed with every game he play. I see him sold next summer. Give his minutes to Angel Gomes and I am sure he will do it better. His salary is big problem, i dont see any club who will give it to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

meamth

Some people just like to bash a player who just started a game after spending most times on the sidelines.

Same with fred, "A nothing player".

Players needs form to perform, he will come good.

Canagel

Some people just like to bash a player who just started a game after spending most times on the sidelines.

Same with fred, "A nothing player".

Players needs form to perform, he will come good.
Sanchez and Fred should not be grouped together .Sanchez had over 1 year to prove himself and showed nothing. he hasn't scored since October in the PL. and he's already accustomed to the league from before. Fred has been extremely limited of game time and didn't kick a ball in 2 months -he can afforded some more time. his issue seems to be lack of confidence and getting to grips with the teams football. Sanchez has no redeeming quality left hes the real nothing player. The team is playing in certain way and he's doing entirely different thing altogether.

Last edited:

NewMember

Would have been better off keeping Mkhitaryan who was on 1/3 of his wages. Alexis has 2 goals and 4 assists and it’s March. Mkhitaryan has 2 goals 3 assists in just his last 2 games. What an awful awful signing.

Any chance at all we can offload him to China this summer? Can’t take watching him play for us anymore.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When we were struggling for a period in the second half he dropped to ground far too easily multiple times because he couldn't beat his man. I don't like play like that, and I'm quickly running out of patience with him. Just hasn't worked at United for him and I don't think it will.

El Jefe

I'll be interested to know how many shots he's taken all season. I feel like he's so hesitant and slow to shoot that he hardly gets chances.

He must be close to the bottom in the list of shots per game for attackers in the league.

kundalini

I'll be interested to know how many shots he's taken all season. I feel like he's so hesitant and slow to shoot that he hardly gets chances.

He must be close to the bottom in the list of shots per game for attackers in the league.
17 in PL. Averages 2.08 per 90 mins. Last season 1.63 for United. For Arsenal tended to be between 3.6 and 4 shots per 90 mins.

3 shots in 200 mins in CL this season.

2 shots in 153 mins in FA Cup this season.

His PL shot map is here, towards the bottom, need to select the appropriate season: https://understat.com/player/498

If you compare recent seasons, for Arsenal he used to get several goals from inside the 6 yard box and from shots taken from a central position between the penalty spot and the 6 yard box. For United he very rarely gets this type of chance for a variety of different reasons, including other players occupying this space and the reluctance of United to attack down the right.

Though if you look at Martial's shot map for this season in the PL, he has scored several goals and seen other shots saved, taken from the space between the penalty spot and the 6 yard box.

Last edited:

Mr PG

Lindleof, Mc Tomminay, Pogba, lukaku, Rashford (was being called average the other day) have all been written off at one time or another. Sanchez just needs a run of games under Ole you never know.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The thing is, you just know Sanchez would have gone to them and absolutely ripped it up all season. I'd have put every penny I have on it. It was almost worth getting him just to stop them getting him. Don't be daft, of course it wasn't.
Nah, he wouldn't have. He's nowhere near the level of Sterling, Sane and Silva. He'd be a bench/rotational player at best. This is one player who I don't feel was ruined by Mourinho but by his own regression. Jose did make a monumental screw up by signing him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I can’t believe people still think he’ll come good after a year of the same shiite. Just watch the games, it’s not like nothing is coming off for him. He’s physically shot, and can’t play how he used too. About the only thing he’s shown recently is that he can still pick a pass, so it wouldn’t be the worst thing to try and play him in the false 9 role Lingard has run.

I applaud his effort and giving it his all, but at a certain point paying 350k a week for a good effort isn’t enough, especially in an attacking role.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
His end products has been terrible since he joined us. Only managed to score 2 goals this season in 22 games? and 3 goals last season in 18 games? Thats 5 goals n 40 games. It's shockingly terrible for any forward player, let alone being the highest paid player in the team.

And we have already spent 25m (year salary) on him for that shite. FFS.

Last edited:

MrBest

Give him until the end of the season. Who knows what it is, the system? His confidence? Lost his passion? Age? All that is for sure is he has played a handful of mins under Ole, just returned from a long injury and deserves more time. Jose ruined a lot of players, i hope sanchez is not permanent damage!

Camilo

Everyone was shit under Mourinho, we shouldn't forget that. Pogba was dropped, and many of us agreed with that.

Sanchez might have been useless for over a year, but it's important to remember how useless everyone was, and how little he's played. Maybe he's done, maybe not, but if we can give him some genuine extended runs in the team we'll find out for sure, and either way that can only help the club.

Litch

Everyone was shit under Mourinho, we shouldn't forget that. Pogba was dropped, and many of us agreed with that.

Sanchez might have been useless for over a year, but it's important to remember how useless everyone was, and how little he's played. Maybe he's done, maybe not, but if we can give him some genuine extended runs in the team we'll find out for sure, and either way that can only help the club.
Thank you

OleGunnar20

Lindleof, Mc Tomminay, Pogba, lukaku, Rashford (was being called average the other day) have all been written off at one time or another. Sanchez just needs a run of games under Ole you never know.
Granted you can never know for sure, but all the signs of a steep physical down turn are there for me, shades of Rooney recurring here for a man who's body won't do what he tells it to.

I think if he can mould his style to suit the decline he might be in with a chance, but at the mo it just feels like watching a guy bang his head against a brick wall.

I think he needs to be moved on come the summer if at all possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylar

Thought he was part of an issue of us conceding with the way he left his man and left Shaw with two.

Thought he did better second half but imo just not good enough to warrant keeping past the summer.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I don't know about comparing the development of the players, as such, but the debate over Alexis certainly reminds me of the one(s) people had over Rooney. On the one hand, he gets too much stick for performances that are, strictly speaking, decent enough. But on the other hand, the discrepancy between his name/status and his actual quality is huge.

He's miles away from what used to be his level, just like Rooney was. And that will - of course - influence people's opinion on him. It's very difficult to assess the performance of a supposed top player (on huge wages) as though he were another honest squad grunt "putting in a shift" (that the individual shift may indeed be decent/adequate simply isn't what you consider first and foremost - you look at the bigger picture, and rightly so - I suppose).

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He is just too right footed to play on the left. He will be beating his man wide but then have to stop so he can cut back to his right foot and that allows the defender to get goal side of him. He should forget about being a "goal scoring winger" and start thinking about being an assist man. Forget the left wing and play on the right. This was he can take his man wide without having to slow down and send in a good cross or cut back pass. Or he can take a page out of Young and score goals like he did last night by playing wide and shooting low to the far corner when coming in from the right. Basically, as long as Sanchez insists on being a left winger, I don't see any room for him on this team. Even with our injuries, at this point I would rather see a reserve player given a shot then see him waste posession time and time again on the left...

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
How has Sanchez declined so much?

Rooney's decline can be explained by poor diet and lifestyle choices but Alexis looks and seems like a top athlete. He also didn't start playing at the top level when he was a teenager. I can't remember Sanchez being injured a lot either.

Alabaster Codify7

We've somehow ended up with the Rooney dilemma again, almost immediately after being able to do the impossible and remove the Rooney dilemma. However, this Rooney dilemma is twice as bad for two reasons:

1) Sanchez is on even more money, which is baffling really (but yes, I agree we couldn't have seen this signing turning out badly)

2) He isn't Rooney - he has built up absolutely nothing in terms of a 'goodwill account' with the fans. We have no love for him, no fondness of past glories he's led us to.......he's not 'one of us'.

crossy1686

career ending
We should just cut our losses on this one, bite the bullet now and just tell Solskjær that he'll have to promote a youth player next season in one of the positions we're looking to fill instead of buying a new player. He adds nothing to the team and looks like he's completely forgotten how to play football, there's no chance of a return to any sort of form from this point onwards.

MoskvaRed

We've somehow ended up with the Rooney dilemma again, almost immediately after being able to do the impossible and remove the Rooney dilemma. However, this Rooney dilemma is twice as bad for two reasons:

1) Sanchez is on even more money, which is baffling really (but yes, I agree we couldn't have seen this signing turning out badly)

2) He isn't Rooney - he has built up absolutely nothing in terms of a 'goodwill account' with the fans. We have no love for him, no fondness of past glories he's led us to.......he's not 'one of us'.
Yes, you’ve hit the nail on the head, particularly the second point. Wayne had given us 8 good years (basically all the productive years of his career) before he started to decline seriously.

I don’t dislike Sanchez (he is clearly trying) but he needs to move to the US or China.

SlimDizzle075

He looks very burned out/washed out to me. Like he is just done. Even if his heart and brain found motivational fire his body isn't following. I am sure he is a hard worker and a nice enough guy, but his well is poisoned as far as I am concerned and he will always be an Arsenal player to me. After this many games of nothing at a premium price from a player I hated to begin with I have zero expectations and could literally care less if he was on our roster or not.

manunited1919

In Arsenal he was used to being “the” star and the team playing for him. With us he is just one more star and must work and share chances with others. I don’t think he will ever make that adjustment, not young anymore.

John Blund

He's done.

There. Now he'll probably have his match of the season against Saints. Every time I go out calling for someone over the top or not good enough for us, they keep on knocking back. Young, Lindelöf, Shaw, McTominay, Lukaku.
You're welcome, Sanchez.

Trizy

I didn't think he was that bad and I think he's gone to shite.

Hindsight is a great thing. Lets not forget every United fan wanted to sign him and he was proven one of the best attackers in the world. No one could see that fall from grace.

Alabaster Codify7

In Arsenal he was used to being “the” star and the team playing for him. With us he is just one more star and must work and share chances with others. I don’t think he will ever make that adjustment, not young anymore.

Thing is, he doesn't seem to have any of the attributes anymore that allowed him to be 'the man'.

Man Utd 3:2 Southampton

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The definition of a passenger. Even his teammates didn't bother playing the ball out when he went down injured. Just goes to show that playing with him is like playing with 10 men. Has to be finished here.

Jacob

As soon as he went off, movement got better. Just bench him for the rest of the season. I'd take Chong over him any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.