View full 2018-19 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez is finished. Just bin him off, he's done jack shit for United and we owe him nothing. He's essentially stolen a fortune in wages. To top it all off, he doesn't even seem to be a decent guy to have around - hasn't gelled with team mates at any of his clubs from what I've read.

That fecking piano video seems even more cringe in hindsight!

Dante

Average bang
He was very good when he came on.

I'm not sure why that was in terms of tactics, but he couldn't do much worse than Martial or Lingard on current form. I'd play him in one of their roles in the PL.

Bwuk

Why bother.

He’s a burst flush. Forget him and get rid in the summer.

Don’t waste time on him that could be used elsewhere - Greenwood, Chong etc.

el3mel

I found it ridiculous he made more in 5 minutes as a past it player than our lazy boy Martial.

Raw

He looked alright when he came on. Still doesn't save his United career but I wouldn't mind him playing more ahead of Martial or Lingard who have been absolute shite. Something different I suppose.

Adamsk7

I think we should play him in that ‘false 9’ role Lingard is playing (as others have said). For all his faults and the fact that he is probably past it at the top level, he once was a properly world class player and I think I would rather rely on him to make intelligent runs and be on the end of a 1-on-1 than anything else we have.

That’s how bad pure attackers are currently - I’d rather rely on a past it player that has hardly had a good game for us in over a year.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Time to give this man a chance for the remainder of the season, I'd like to see him play in the Lingard's role tonight
It's been obvious for ages that the only chance we have of him coming good is if he's playing that role. It's still doubtful he will, but it's the only one where it might work. He simply doesn't have the ability to play on the wing anymore.

Unfortunately he's never been given the opportunity to play there under either Mourinho or Ole.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looked bright. Nowhere near his best but a lot better tham much of what we've seen from him at United. Who knows? He may just get us into the top four yet.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Starting Sanchez is a mistake IMO, he had an okay cameo tonight but people tend to forget the enormous amounts of possessions he loses unnecessarily when he's starting. He should be coming off the bench.

reddevil702

I think we should play him in that ‘false 9’ role Lingard is playing (as others have said). For all his faults and the fact that he is probably past it at the top level, he once was a properly world class player and I think I would rather rely on him to make intelligent runs and be on the end of a 1-on-1 than anything else we have.

That’s how bad pure attackers are currently - I’d rather rely on a past it player that has hardly had a good game for us in over a year.
That's Lingard's and Lingard's only, no other player on the squad is capable of playing this role. Although I agree this should be Sanchez's role vs Everton with Lukaku in front of him.

reddevil702

Starting Sanchez is a mistake IMO, he had an okay cameo tonight but people tend to forget the enormous amounts of possessions he loses unnecessarily when he's starting. He should be coming off the bench.
Honestly after watching Martial & Lingard today, seeing Sanchez work rate would be a breath of fresh air even if he loses possession. I mean Martial either loses it or just ends up playing backwards pass so is that any better?

Paul_Scholes18

Would be nice if he could turn things around. With better fitness who knows. There is talent in him still.

Patrick08

That's Lingard's and Lingard's only, no other player on the squad is capable of playing this role. Although I agree this should be Sanchez's role vs Everton with Lukaku in front of him.
Was lingard even present on the pitch today as false 9

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Honestly after watching Martial & Lingard today, seeing Sanchez work rate would be a breath of fresh air even if he loses possession. I mean Martial either loses it or just ends up playing backwards pass so is that any better?
It's better if you want to win, yes. Workrate to lose the ball consistently is more damaging than good to the team, he runs like crazy with the ball, loses it, runs like a mad dog to try to get it back. There's a reason why Sanchez has been on the bench for so long collecting his enormous checks, it's not all just injuries. It's easy to forget as he's been so abysmal in the past few months, but Martial has vastly outperformed Sanchez since the Chilean joined the team.

Personally, I think there isn't enough personnel to really make things better, but eventually Rashford and Martial should go back to competing for one spot after this summer, and Sanchez should be an impact sub. There's always crazier things that have happened, but right now I've seen enough to believe he's not going to turn things around as a starter on this team.

reddevil702

It's better if you want to win, yes. Workrate to lose the ball consistently is more damaging than good to the team, he runs like crazy with the ball, loses it, runs like a mad dog to try to get it back. There's a reason why Sanchez has been on the bench for so long collecting his enormous checks, it's not all just injuries. It's easy to forget as he's been so abysmal in the past few months, but Martial has vastly outperformed Sanchez since the Chilean joined the team.

Personally, I think there isn't enough personnel to really make things better, but eventually Rashford and Martial should go back to competing for one spot after this summer, and Sanchez should be an impact sub. There's always crazier things that have happened, but right now I've seen enough to believe he's not going to turn things around as a starter on this team.
This really says more about Sanchez than Martial. My point is I rather see a player who works hard trying to create and loses the ball, than a player who stands on the left side waiting for the ball only to take a couple dribbles and lose it. Neither is a good option but I get more frustrated watching Martial on current from than Sanchez.

T_Model101

He needed the cameo, the game was over
But our season isn't (yet)
Similar to when Fergie gave Saha a run out when we'd be turned over by Kaka and Milan

Sanchez is probably finished here, but we need everyone available to contribute in our last few league games

kundalini

I was impressed. At least one good pass and a decent header that forced a brilliant save.

acnumber9

This really says more about Sanchez than Martial. My point is I rather see a player who works hard trying to create and loses the ball, than a player who stands on the left side waiting for the ball only to take a couple dribbles and lose it. Neither is a good option but I get more frustrated watching Martial on current from than Sanchez.
Sanchez actively wants to be involved in the game. That’s the difference for me. Martial appears happy to let the game pass him by more often than not.

Devil may care

The game was over when he came on, Barca were playing like a training session at that point, lets not get carried away, his legs have gone and that has been evident for ages.

criticalanalysis

He's a 'clutch' player, who knows how to deliver moments and that's far more valuable than whatever the f*ck Lingard offers us even if he loses the ball 50x as much.

In his 10min cameo, he made more turns, one touch passes and offensive running than Lingard has done in two games.

Drop Young, Lingard and Mata permanently for the rest of the season and give the minutes to Dalot, Sanchez, Greenword and Peirera.

Devil may care

Id still rather see him making half an effort, than seeing lingards no effort.
Eh, I don't care either way, at the moment our forwards don't look like they could score in a brothel with a briefcase full of gold bullion, him running around a bit more isn't going to alter that, the attack is lacking cohesion, composure and clinical finishing, he won't change that, in truth no one player can.

el3mel

He's still a past it piece of crap. Nothing is going to change starting him but it's embarrassing for our lazy "big" players who were strolling the entire game to see a past it player actually putting more effort in 5 minutes than them the entire game, totally embarrassing.

Reddy Rederson

Eh, I don't care either way, at the moment our forwards don't look like they could score in a brothel with a briefcase full of gold bullion, him running around a bit more isn't going to alter that, the attack is lacking cohesion, composure and clinical finishing, he won't change that, in truth no one player can.
He doesnt have to. He just has to put in effort.

Devil may care

He doesnt have to. He just has to put in effort.
Lingard can rarely be accused of not putting in effort, despite his energy level being under par lately, but I think we are forgetting just how shite Sanchez has been this season, I don't personally think he's the answer to any of the current questions regarding this team.

Reddy Rederson

Lingard can rarely be accused of not putting in effort, despite his energy level being under par lately, but I think we are forgetting just how shite Sanchez has been this season, I don't personally think he's the answer to any of the current questions regarding this team.
Except he does nothing. He jogs around. Hes been doing it long before he was injured. I watched rashford bomb down the outside wing in a game under jose. Lingard(and to a lesser extent martial) jogged up the middle of the pitch giving him no options. All anyone wanted to do was moan at rashford. Whats he supposed to do with no one running with him? tonight, martial had the ball. Lingard right beside him, a clear channel to run into in behind the closing players and he stands there like one o clock half struck. Martial then has no options but to play it back. And the little cnut is in the papers now talking about us needing to take out chances and how messi is so amazing. The fact messi didnt need to be amazing tonight seems lost on him, as does the fact that once again we are talking about being great for 15 minutes(It wasnt even 5 minutes, jesse). The guy is a creep. A social media no talent feck nugget, and as long his worthless arse is first choice we'll be continuing in this "oh, we might make top four" hellish merry-go-round limbo we have been in for years. Jose may have been a prick, but at least he had ambitions for the club to go somewhere. It certainly makes a lot more sense now why he was playing such shit football.

I just finished reading the thing with lingard which is why this might come across as hostile. Its not aimed at you, hope you dont take it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.