Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I spoke to my arsenal’s friend last year, he told me that Sanchez’s best position was a left winger not a striker. Personally, in my view that his best season was the season when he played as a striker with arsenal so I back up my point based on what I watched & the stats of his end product in that season. However, He thinks that Sanchez had some good moments when he played striker role but that was only short period of time. After half season, he wasn’t performing. Obviously, I couldn’t win the argument because he’s arsenal fans and watched the game week in week out.

But I’m still convinced that the season when he played striker, I watched a lot of arsenal game, and I was impressed of how much he was involved in most of arsenal attacks.

If Sanchez can somehow find a way to get back to his world class form even if it’s only for 2 seasons, I’ll be very pleased and it’ll save a lot of our money in summer window.

The rest of this season will prove whether he’s worth of our support and worthy to be kept. Everton’s game will be his first step.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I wanted to sell him but I now feel we should keep him. Give him another season under Ole (with full pre-season) and see how it goes. I think back to how Giggs had this rough patch of a season or 2 when he was around the same age (remember the Sell Giggs brigade?) and then re-invented himself and came back stronger. Form is temporary, class is permanent and this guy has class. He's only 30. Get him his mojo back and he can produce for us for 2 or 3 seasons.

Plus, he's also a leader and a hard worker and we desperately need those in the team.

Revaulx

I wanted to sell him but I now feel we should keep him. Give him another season under Ole (with full pre-season) and see how it goes. I think back to how Giggs had this rough patch of a season or 2 when he was around the same age (remember the Sell Giggs brigade?) and then re-invented himself and came back stronger. Form is temporary, class is permanent and this guy has class. He's only 30. Get him his mojo back and he can produce for us for 2 or 3 seasons.

Plus, he's also a leader and a hard worker and we desperately need those in the team.
Is he? Arsenal players hated him because he was aloof, selfish and had a high opinion of himself. And these days he can’t even lead by example.

Member 90887

When he gets the ball, you can see glimpses of the talent he has. the passes he tries and so on.

Really too bad that it hasn't worked out so far. I think that Ole will give him one last chance before the end of the season before shipping him out.

gr3yham3

I think he starts today, and I hope he starts as part of a front 2 or as a false 9. Not the best coming in from the left I feel.

Paul_Scholes18

I would give him a go against City. Not expecting much, but with all our players being so bloody poor he can at least get a chance.

Man Utd 0:2 Man City

Copa Mundial

If true this is incredible. Lifted directly from the BBC report:

"What can laughingly be described as Alexis Sanchez's "touch map" showed he had one in a 12-minute substitute appearance"

1 touch in 12 minutes, talk about stealing a wage!

That stat is outrageous!

Frank Grimes

Should have started, in what world is Jesse Lingard a better player than Alexis Sanchez? The fact Ole brought him on with 12 minutes to go is laughable, should have been on as soon as we went 1 nil down.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Should have started, in what world is Jesse Lingard a better player than Alexis Sanchez? The fact Ole brought him on with 12 minutes to go is laughable, should have been on as soon as we went 1 nil down.
Have you been in a coma? Lingard is no good but Alexis isn't the answer.

Adam_S

Are 12 minutes and 1 touch enough for him to get his 75k appearance bonus?

Sterling Archer

If true this is incredible. Lifted directly from the BBC report:

"What can laughingly be described as Alexis Sanchez's "touch map" showed he had one in a 12-minute substitute appearance"

1 touch in 12 minutes, talk about stealing a wage!

That stat is outrageous!
It's a stupid stat because we played City and most United players didn't do better for the remaining 78 minutes.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't think we can criticise him for not performing in 12 minute appearances but he has to go this summer. Pay a portion of his wages and do anything to get rid of him.

JoaquinJoaquin

Alexis is a lot better still than given credit for. He was excellent in the cup v Arsenal and we haven't been the same team since his injury. I know that's not a popular opinion but he is miles better than Martial and Lingard.
Exactly. The fact he isn't getting much game time now indicates 1 of 2 things:
a) Ole will be getting rid in Summer or
b) Ole genuinely believes Lingard is better, which if true we are really screwed :lol:

amolbhatia50k

I’d get rid of tonnes of players before him myself. I don’t care how much he earns, better him and other players getting it than the owners.
That's strange. He has been abysmal for us and the club should care how much they pay players who can't perform.

soapythecat

The twat is the luckiest fecker on the planet. Drawing one of the biggest wages in world sport and can't even be bothered to look interested when he gets some game time.
Can't be doing much behind the scenes to get back in the side and doesn't even look like he's trying to get with the squad or management team - body language says it all.
United just need to accept he is quite possibly the biggest player mistake the club has made financially and push him out of the door on a free and hope some mug will take him.
Sums up everything about United under Woodward and the Glazers.

Patrick08

That's strange. He has been abysmal for us and the club should care how much they pay players who can't perform.
Injuries has hampered his performances, and lack of game time too. I believe he can still make an impact with game time required to come back to form.

Boycott

I wonder what happens to a player who goes on such a sharp decline.

Does it eat away at him every night or do you just reach a point where you just accept it?

I remember Torres saying he used to watch old videos of him at Liverpool to try and reconnect with what he used to do on a weekly basis, but he'd go out on the field and those quick darts and change of direction were just physically impossible for him to pull off anymore.

amolbhatia50k

Injuries has hampered his performances, and lack of game time too. I believe he can still make an impact with game time required to come back to form.
"An impact" for a player paid like one the absolute elite footballers in the world. I too hope he performs while he's with us. But based on the ample opportunities he's had, he's been absymal.

Patrick08

"An impact" for a player paid like one the absolute elite footballers in the world. I too hope he performs while he's with us. But based on the ample opportunities he's had, he's been absymal.
So has been Martial, Lukaku and Lingard and just recently Rashford. I think class is permanent and when in form he will deliver, provided we have to play him near the box, giving him opportunities for a considerable period of games .

MadMike

Nar, I’d much prefer to keep Sanchez around than have Lingard stinking up the place week in week out.
And Sanchez was not stinking the place up when he was playing?

One is on 100k the other is on +350k. The only problem Lingard causes is that he's shit, which can be simply solved by keeping him on the bench and making him a last resort/squad player.Sanchez is shit, a huge waste of money and is a disruptor of our pay structure. Can't complain about other players asking for humongous pay rises and parity with a player that isn't even good enough to be in our starting XI, can you?

Sanchez is way more damaging to us than Lingard.

The club should care, but I don’t. He’s still an infinity better player than Lingard, and I’m undecided on Martial, at least Alexis actually puts a proper shift in.

Put this way, if we had an option of going into next season with Alexis on the bench as our “man to turn to” or Lingard, I know which I’d take 100 times over.

So money aside, which matters diddly squat to me, there’s my reasoning.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thankless task last night - comes on when the game is long gone, against a team dominating possession.

At least he's back though. Probably.

Sanchez is basically Lingard on higher wages.
But better touch, better workrate, stronger, better finisher, better provider and just... better.

Shit Sanchez is still a miles better player than Lingard. If both are made available this Summer, despite the much higher wages, just imagine the gulf in class of the clubs coming in for them. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.