Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I wonder what happens to a player who goes on such a sharp decline.

Does it eat away at him every night or do you just reach a point where you just accept it?

I remember Torres saying he used to watch old videos of him at Liverpool to try and reconnect with what he used to do on a weekly basis, but he'd go out on the field and those quick darts and change of direction were just physically impossible for him to pull off anymore.
I'd imagine the astronomical wage he receives each week helps dampen those thoughts at night. He knows he will never earn as much in his career ever again and if I was him I'd be in no rush to move on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Imagine Lingard ever producing a display like Sánchez vs. City away last season.

I think Ole has been saving Alexis for the Chelsea game and my prediction is that he’ll look 10 times the player Jesse has these past games.
Ole I don't think plays Sanchez anywhere near enough given he's been ready since West Ham. He just doesn't like him it seems.

Robbie Boy

I'd imagine the astronomical wage he receives each week helps dampen those thoughts at night. He knows he will never earn as much in his career ever again and if I was him I'd be in no rush to move on.
Let’s hope he doesn’t think like balaks off the internet and is in a massive rush to move on eh.

JoaquinJoaquin

Ole I don't think plays Sanchez anywhere near enough given he's been ready since West Ham. He just doesn't like him it seems.
Yeah, I think by now it's obvious that Ole doesn't rely on him and wants to move him on in Summer. Problem is, with that huge wage who will take him on? Best case scenario is we do like we did with Rooney where we pay 50% of the wages to take him off the books.

For what it's worth - I'd play him every week over Lingard and Martial at present. At least Sanchez shows some desire.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah, I think by now it's obvious that Ole doesn't rely on him and wants to move him on in Summer. Problem is, with that huge wage who will take him on? Best case scenario is we do like we did with Rooney where we pay 50% of the wages to take him off the books.

For what it's worth - I'd play him every week over Lingard and Martial at present. At least Sanchez shows some desire.
Oh 100%. Sanchez off form is better than both. I'd imagine he's hungry to play right now and has a point to prove, but he's never given the chance to actually be put on and show it.

He probably thinks it's a shit state of affairs and wants out himself. Can't blame him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
So indicative of our lack of quality scouting over the last ten years. Even Casual fans could see the huge risk of this transfer so why couldn’t goddamn people who are payed handsomely not spot it?! He’s been our worst signing ever and was on the wane for the last two years with serious rumours about his personality being toxic. Did we learn nothing about mega deals for ageing players from the Rooney debacle? We should have been in for Alexis when he was leaving Barca only. That’s the only way you get value out of those wages. My god this club would drive you crazy! Loads of money and bluster, terrible waste, shocking execution and decisions. On money spent we should have a pretty sexy team by now but we are pretty shit from top to bottom. Sánchez gets paid more than sterling and silva combined. You can only laugh. Absolute Shambles!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So has been Martial, Lukaku and Lingard and just recently Rashford. I think class is permanent and when in form he will deliver, provided we have to play him near the box, giving him opportunities for a considerable period of games .
What? You can't compare Lukaku, Martial and Rashford with Sanchez. They have actually produced for us. Check out the statistics for Lukaku/Martial Vs Sanchez for us and it makes for appalling reading for the Chilean. He is miles, and I mean miles, behind. Come back when he's scored in 6/7 consecutively games as Martial did, or 6 in 3 as Lukaku did. Were comparing players we think aren't top class (,yet) but have often been important players against someone who has been totally inept.

Anything can happen in the future and I hope he regains his touch but it's looking unlikely. Also I find it amusing how HE WILL PERFORM provided .. he's in form, near the box and given plenty of opportunities. Any chance he needs to be given Messi's talent as well given were making this as easy for him as possible? :lol:

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

The club should care, but I don’t. He’s still an infinity better player than Lingard, and I’m undecided on Martial, at least Alexis actually puts a proper shift in.

Put this way, if we had an option of going into next season with Alexis on the bench as our “man to turn to” or Lingard, I know which I’d take 100 times over.

So money aside, which matters diddly squat to me, there’s my reasoning.
He is an infinitely better than nobody at all based on his time for us. Your opinion and reasoning clearly has diddly squad to do with his actual peformances for us and mostly to do with his Arsenal career.

amolbhatia50k

Imagine Lingard ever producing a display like Sánchez vs. City away last season.

I think Ole has been saving Alexis for the Chelsea game and my prediction is that he’ll look 10 times the player Jesse has these past games.
He's also never looked as good for us as Lingard has for us when he's been in form. So there's that. Unless are counting the odd game. But yeah he has much more ability of course. He used to be a top player.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He is an infinitely better than nobody at all based on his time for us. Your opinion and reasoning clearly has diddly squad to do with his actual peformances for us and mostly to do with his Arsenal career.
Exactly. As far as value we’ve got for this transfer- 0. He has no resale and no club will pay him what we do. It’s a lame duck. Basically like Rooney we will have to pay him to leave unless there’s a stupid Chinese club out there who don’t actually watch the players they sign or just read articles from 3 years ago. We should be worrying about the next match where inevitably he’ll do nothing in that either. Rotten selection of attacking “talent” whoever is spotting these players needs to be fired. martial tapering off I can take. He looked a top notch youth prospect but if he won’t get his hands dirty when the chips are down take it on the chin and move on. The scouts absolutely should have known that about him before he was signed though. How couldn’t they see Sánchez was on the way down and we’d totally struggle to get rid if he played like this?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What is his moustache all about? Also someone told me he seems chubby when he came on yesterday's game, is that true?
:lol: You can say Sanchez is many things, but he's definitely not chubby. He has a body like a chiselled statue.

Johan07

Exactly. As far as value we’ve got for this transfer- 0. He has no resale and no club will pay him what we do. It’s a lame duck. Basically like Rooney we will have to pay him to leave unless there’s a stupid Chinese club out there who don’t actually watch the players they sign or just read articles from 3 years ago. We should be worrying about the next match where inevitably he’ll do nothing in that either. Rotten selection of attacking “talent” whoever is spotting these players needs to be fired. martial tapering off I can take. He looked a top notch youth prospect but if he won’t get his hands dirty when the chips are down take it on the chin and move on. The scouts absolutely should have known that about him before he was signed though. How couldn’t they see Sánchez was on the way down and we’d totally struggle to get rid if he played like this?
Well, we basically did not pay anything for him so why should there be a resale value? We paid the Arse 25m to use him 6 months early. So him having no resale value was a given to begin with since we put that money on his salary instead. Under a one year longer contract he would have been 75m or so and still would not have had any resale value because of his age.
The Sanchez deal is cried over too much for being expensive, when what we did was just to pay the player instead of his club because he had run down his contract. The problem is that he has not performed as expected.

F miah

Get rid! Hasn’t been good enough. I was excited when we signed him but realised his past his best, 18 months too long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al-T

He's become, to mix metaphors, the White Elephant in the room. Good for nothing himself but we can't move him on and any decent player we want to sign will benchmark their salary against him.

If he's fit, I'd play him in the last three games, for no more scientific reasons than :

1. He's not Lingard.
2. I'm weary of watching the 'efforts' of Lukaku, Rashford, Martial.
3. Maybe there's still a player in there we can use or at least move on.

If not, I fear we have three more years of him keeping Phil Jones company in the treatment room. Or perhaps he could be made to follow Woodward around all day repeating the mantra 'Remember Caesar, thou art mortal'.

Bristol_Red_87

Basically like Rooney we will have to pay him to leave unless there’s a stupid Chinese club out there who don’t actually watch the players they sign or just read articles from 3 years ago.
We managed to offload Felliani there for £10M, so we can only hope!!

Intilo

It concerns me how he still not starting despite other attackers has been putting rubbish performance for weeks . Ole is making no sense

fps

Considering we have him, and he's been injured a few times, and he will always take gametime to get his sharpness, surely we should be playing him a little more than we are?

I was deeply concerned when United signed him. He is small in stature, relying on ferocious appetite and physicality. Rooney was the same (and I know there were also other fitness issues, but it stands) - it's very hard for smaller players to keep that ferocious dynamism into their late 20s. No, Messi isn't a fair comparison, he is different. Sanchez had spent 18 months at Arsenal looking increasingly frustrated with others while actually not producing as much himself.

However, surely we should be seeing him on the pitch more than this, given that other players haven't been performing.

Lee565

Has to be given a chance to start as a striker against Chelsea, what's the alternative, a bang average Lingard, way out of form Rashford, Martial maybe but has also really gone off the boil, Lukaku...no thanks.

It wont happen though, it will be the same old same old producing yet another winless match.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sanchez’ reputation has gone through the roof because he’s missed out on all the recent crap. Watch him remind us how crap he has become when he gets his chance tomorrow.

Based Adnan

He's not starting because it costs us an extra 75k everytime he does. That's the only reason I can think of because as crap as Sanchez is there's no way you're telling me he's as bad as Lingard has been for the past 2 months

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's not starting because it costs us an extra 75k everytime he does. That's the only reason I can think of because as crap as Sanchez is there's no way you're telling me he's as bad as Lingard has been for the past 2 months
Yet he was when he was starting...

fps

That is an absolutely insane thing to have written into a player's contract. There should be performance incentives, for Sanchez every time he starts he has already been rewarded more money than most people earn in 3 years, doesn't matter if he gets a goal or an assist, nothing.

Roboc7

Never play him again, sit down and work out terms of how he leaves.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Take the No 7 shirt off him and send him home. Either he wants his career to end sitting on the sofa all day, or he will take a pay cut and get lost.

Minimalist

Simpson's character Sanchez was desired by many in the match-day thread to start the game. Oh how we laughed.

flappyjay

This what separates him for the best. He can't adapt to the fact that his body has changed at all, instructed to play as a forward and yet he wants to run all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.