5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

Needs to stay centrally. I didn't like him on the left last season because he ends up trying too much. This is a very good start to pre season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Him behind Lukaku would be perfect, plus it would give Rashford and Martial (if he's still here) opportunities on the left. Now if only we would solve our RW issue

SSSSnake

This is the Sanchez I remember. A couple early season goals could see him on a good run hopefully.

If we go 3-5-2 hopefully he can work well with Lukaku and form some partnership!

Kapardin

Him behind Lukaku would be perfect, plus it would give Rashford and Martial (if he's still here) opportunities on the left. Now if only we would solve our RW issue
Relax, we have Messe Lingard.

Not even joking. If Sanchez and Lukaku hit 20-25 goals each, we can accommodate Martial on the left and Lingard on the right, and their weaknesses won't matter much if they score 8-10 each. Pogba should chip in as well. Doesn't mean a new RW is not required, but it can paper the cracks for the upcoming season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Relax, we have Messe Lingard.

Not even joking. If Sanchez and Lukaku hit 20-25 goals each, we can accommodate Martial on the left and Lingard on the right, and their weaknesses won't matter much if they score 8-10 each. Pogba should chip in as well. Doesn't mean a new RW is not required, but it can paper the cracks for the upcoming season.
Lingard is not a winger, he wont do well there. He should play as a no.10 or as an advanced midfielder.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
With it looking like Martial will leave, I don’t mind seeing him play as a 10 in a diamond with Rashford and Lukaku up front. We still need more cover in attack though, as that will mean basically every senior forward is on the pitch.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
With it looking like Martial will leave, I don’t mind seeing him play as a 10 in a diamond with Rashford and Lukaku up front. We still need more cover in attack though, as that will mean basically every senior forward is on the pitch.
If it's a diamond Alexis needs to be one of the strikers IMO.

Vanya

We need conventional wingers to compliment him and to get the best out of him. Martial and Sanchez just end up getting in each others way in the left side half spaces.

We need players that can maintain width and give Sanchez more room to play,. Mourinho should consider playing Young as a LW , buying a conventional wingers or playing 3-5-2 with wing backs instead of playing wide forwards that occupy the same spaces. If he does that I think Sanchez will thrive at United.

MadMike

I don't think Rashford is ready to be starting up front for us. He has skill, energy and the right attitude but not the decision making and nous to tie it altogether, yet. He is wasteful with the ball all too often. He's better as an impact sub for me.

Lingard looks more ready and deserving of starting for us if anything. I'd put Sanchez up front with Lukaku and one of Lingard/Mata on #10 role.

Andersons Dietician

See if Martial is staying I would play Sanchez behind he and Lukaku. Martial and Lukaku’s movement as a pair was excellent they both have a tendency to drift out wide as well opening up space for Sanchez.

Sanchez however looks up for the new season, hopefully we’ll see the guy that was at Arsenal but not sure how much freedom he’ll or even the team will be allowed in Jose’s system.

CA1

Needs to stay centrally. I didn't like him on the left last season because he ends up trying too much. This is a very good start to pre season.
This.

He's a striker for me.

Not saying he's a number 9 like Lukaku but he's a striker, a central player who operates around the box at his best.

A 3-5-2 with he and Lukaku up top is great for him. Whether we have the players for the rest of the team (particularly in the wing back area) is unsure.

Minimalist

Very good last night. Looked really sharp. Bodes well for the start of the season.

meamth

He still got his acceleration, looking dangerous. This guy will carry us next season hopefully.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He still got his acceleration, looking dangerous. This guy will carry us next season hopefully.
We don’t need him to carry us tbh. With players as good as Pogba and Lukaku (although I’m not his biggest fan) - we will likely again be disappointed if Sanchez is carrying us.

That said, those three at their absolute best and we can achieve great things.

svastian99

.......Alexis.........Lukaku
............Mata/Lingard
.....Pogba...............Fred
.................Matic
Young.....X?.....Bailly.....Valencia
.................DeGea

In my opinion something like that can be interesting, another option could be:

.................Lukaku
....Alexis....Pogba....Lingard
........Matic.............Fred
Young.....X?.....Bailly.....Valencia
.................DeGea

Last edited:

ash_86

Very positive to see the whole caf behind him for the new season. His goal and assist tally could help win us championships.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Just read somewhere this morning that this is the first time in 5 years he hasn't had an international tournament over the summer period. He looks sharp :drool:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Great work ethic. My only concern is that granted he had a rest - but he needs to ensure he don't burn himself out over the season. There is so much on his shoulders.

Stacks

I was thinking. We should model ourselves on the world champions. surely its a possibility. Lukaku CF with Sanchez support striker (a la Griezman and Giroud). Pogba and Matic/Fred CM, Martial/Rashford battle for LWF, New guy RWF. The defence I would hope a FB upgrade but seems like we just getting a CB

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
If he plays on the left, then Pogba has to play on the right of the midfield three.

They go to in each other’s way far too much last season. Maybe Fred will combine better with him than Pogba.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I like the look of him as main striker. He's so good in keeping the ball. So maybe Sanchez as no. 9 in big games? as Lukaku seems not very effective on those, even in the WC.

el3mel

I like the look of him as main striker. He's so good in keeping the ball. So maybe Sanchez as no. 9 in big games? as Lukaku seems not very effective on those, even in the WC.
Play both in 3-5-2 formation like we did against Arsenal when we lined Martial and Lukaku as 2 strikers with Lingard behind them. This system is great for counters imo.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Play both in 3-5-2 formation like we did against Arsenal when we lined Martial and Lukaku as 2 strikers with Lingard behind them. This system is great for counters imo.
Yeh. We used that in many big games. But our inability to keep the ball was really a pain in the neck. Every time we launch the ball forward, it's just like giving away the ball back to opponent.

el3mel

Yeh. We used that in many big games. But our inability to keep the ball was really a pain in the neck. Every time we launch the ball forward, it's just like giving away the ball back to opponent.
I mentioned Arsenal game specifically because our counters this day was sublime. If we can counter like this every time we use this formation, it will be a great idea to use.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I mentioned Arsenal game specifically because our counters this day was sublime. If we can counter like this every time we use this formation, it will be a great idea to use.
That would be great if we can do that frequently. Although I think the score was a bit flattering, from how that game went. There was that individual goal by Lingard. Most of the problem was the inability of Lukaku to hold on the ball up-front. That's why maybe having Sanchez, who's good on holding and shielding the ball, there would make the system work better. I think it's worth to try.

el3mel

That would be great if we can do that frequently. Although I think the score was a bit flattering, from how that game went. There was that individual goal by Lingard. Most of the problem was the inability of Lukaku to hold on the ball up-front. That's why maybe having Sanchez, who's good on holding and shielding the ball, there would make the system work better. I think it's worth to try.
We were crap in defending at this game but executed the counters very well. If we had been defending better the game would have looked more comfortable imo.

Hopefully we see this system applied in some games to evaluate. Looks interesting for me.

maniwin

If he plays on the left, then Pogba has to play on the right of the midfield three.

They go to in each other’s way far too much last season. Maybe Fred will combine better with him than Pogba.
No , Pogba should be on double pivot with Matic , having more responsibility to defend and spray the ball around , he is better as that than as main creative outlet, He didn't play LCM for France fyi . We can use Sanchez the way France use Griezmann.

Sterling Archer

Sanchez is gonna win us the league .
There's been a sharpness about him that's so noticably improved from last season in just these pre season games .

I'm excited to see the best of him. And feck yes, that's the attitude I like to hear - he has enough to win us the league :keano:

WPMUFC

Who knew you couldn't judge a signing based off a January move and with only 5 months to completely readjust to a new and higher expectation club? :lol::lol:

The bloke has always been class. His transition to our club was always going to be awkward based on a January move. The later and later the season went, the more "glimpses' we saw from him. I can't wait for him to run amok at against Leicester. :devil:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Except Lingard didn’t score an ‘individual goal’, and both of them were one-touch finishes and literally examples of the great counter-attacking that was mentioned.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I've watched bits and pieces of our pre season and i've been reading a lot of positive things about Sanchez. He's been looking sharp and slowly getting back to his best. When i watched him the other day he was playing up front, centrally. Is this where he's been playing all pre season?

I believe it is his best position, but when Lukaku comes back i'm worried he's going to be shunted out to the left again where he's looked pretty ineffectual for us.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Except Lingard didn’t score an ‘individual goal’, and both of them were one-touch finishes and literally examples of the great counter-attacking that was mentioned.
Sorry. You're right, mate.

My main point is, that game was an exception because it was proven that we couldn't do that regularly.

Rajma

Play him through the middle as a striker, would add us a real dynamic and creative passing ability, shown at Arsenal he’s it in his locker to succeed in that position.

suhaylah

Remains to be seen if stubborn Mou will continue to play him on the LW..

Bobski

If his top level, or something close to is still there this is his opportunity to show it. Burn out is a probable issue with him, very heavy workload over a number of years, no extended time off to recover, not just physically but mentally. Some fans complain that players shouldn't whine about too many games, players could play every day if they had to, but all it takes at the top level is a small drop and it will be shown.

maltrain

I think is important to notice that Lukaku is the best friend of Alexis on Manchester and they talk (vía whatsapp) a lot about how improve MU together, so a 3-5-2 with a solid defense (I don't think Maguire is the best option, I think is pretty average for 65m) and these two up front (with Fred and Pogba behind) is, by far, the best option for the team.

Vilev

For someone who had all the time in the world to rest and get ready for new season he surely looks completely spent. Last season people were saying "he is tired, he needs proper pre-season", i somehow get the idea there will be need for a new excuses come august.

Status
Not open for further replies.