Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I still don' think that's his issue.

Today the main issue for me looks like he has zero understanding or any good relationship with his teammates.
They don't seem to be linking with him at all or wanting to pass to him. I'm starting a bit to believe those reports that came several months ago that's he's alone and isolated from the rest of the team.
I see the same thing but worse than not wanting to pass to him I think they are slightly afraid to pass to him. That's what happens when players lose confidence in a teammate's ability. They hesitate to give him the ball because they worry he will lose it or play them a hospital ball back. It happened a lot to Rooney towards the end as well. If our players believed Alexis would make a game changing contribution when he got the ball they'd play it to him, after all they all want to win for their own personal glory. The sad thing is they clearly don't believe he can be the difference maker he was bought to be, which is troubling.

kundalini

On a per minute basis, Sanchez and Lingard saw about the same amount of the ball. There may have been isolated incidents in which team-mates ignored Sanchez.

Sanchez 38 touches in 66 mins, Lingard 49 in 90 mins (can't remember quite when Jones came on). Sanchez attempted 30 passes, Lingard 38. Dispossessed Sanchez 2, Lingard 1. Shots Sanchez 0, Lingard 2.

A-man

Sanchez is one of my all time favourite players. I really hate to see him like this. Maybe his time is up.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He just doesn’t get it. He doesn’t get the flow of the team. Martial comes in and it just flows like a river down the left side

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He just doesn’t get it. He doesn’t get the flow of the team. Martial comes in and it just flows like a river down the left side
I watched him today and tell you that it reminded me of.
He looked like he had turned up at a park with his boots and joined in a kick about.
Everybody else knew eachother and were passing the ball but Alexis didn't know anybody and looked just like a lost stranger.

Most significant was that when he was substituted he walked off with his head down feeling ashamed.

Aloysius's Back 3

His time as a winger is done.

If he is even going to be remotely successful for us or another team he needs to think about playing as a central striker, a CAM or even possibly a CM. He needs to play more reactively in such roles to time himself in the most important areas of the pitch.

The proactive winger who takes on defenders & scores goals from outwide is a thing of the past.

Like scholes & Giggs - the earlier he learns a new position at such an age the better he will be in the last few years. Rooney didn't do this & we saw the long gone of striker who had no idea on how to play other roles when his career needed it.

Loublaze

ATLien
Yeah, did it hurt your feelings? Alexis was better, while being ignored by both Jesse and Marcus on a couple of occasions.

You and your fan boy pals are like a disease, you can’t make a comment without some of you popping up.
Hurt my feelings? Just reminding you this is the Alexis performances thread. You've already let us know over 150 times how much you dislike Lingard in his player thread. Your obsessive hatred of him doesn't belong here.

Bobski

If he is even going to be remotely successful for us or another team he needs to think about playing as a central striker, a CAM or even possibly a CM. He needs to play more reactively in such roles to time himself in the most important areas of the pitch.

The proactive winger who takes on defenders & scores goals from outwide is a thing of the past.

Like scholes & Giggs - the earlier he learns a new position at such an age the better he will be in the last few years. Rooney didn't do this & we saw the long gone of striker who had no idea on how to play other roles when his career needed it.

Scholes and Giggs were both technically better than Rooney though. Even at his physical peak Rooney had a ropey touch but he was so explosive and strong that he could retain the ball or win it back. Once he lost that edge he had to drop deeper and deeper to take a safe touch.

Giggs gave the ball away a lot trying creative passes, there is a similarity to Sanchez there but he was a much smarter player than Sanchez and understood how to play within a team in a way that Sanchez has never learned. That is one of the great strengths of both Scholes and Giggs, so team orientated, capable of adapting to the needs of the team, might not get the individual awards that are so cherished now but players who playyed with them know.

JohnnyKills

Lingard and Rashford don't like him. It is not that they didn't click on the pitch, they just don't like him. They ignore his runs while he always try to pass to others. Young lions want old lion out of pack.
I am afraid that he will need to go. But before that, i want to see him on that right wing, ffs
I get this impression too (based on absolutely no evidence I might add).

Get the feeling he isn't particularly popular with the squad, which would be understandable given the wages and the fact that he's so single-minded. Then again, they may just think he's a busted flush and reckon he'll just lose the ball if they give it to him.

AshRK

I dont think he has been playing bad but i don't think he is a winger. He must play as a number 9 or behind a striker. Still think he has abolity to score goals , just that he has been played in a wrong position for a long time now.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
What happened to this guy? Was the best player in the league two years ago and now he looks like a over the hill championship player. Nothing would make me happier than having him play at his old level, but i highly doubt that will happen.

Considering the wages hes on we would be wise to ship him off in the summer. Having the highest paid player in the team being that awful cant be good for squad morale

Andi Latte

Isn't that pretty much the Rooney dilemma all over again? Instead of trying to make him work in different positions he may or may not adapt to, on massive wages for years on end, I'd rather we accept defeat and cut our ties in the summer, provided things don't change soon (and signifcantly at that).

We should look to areasonably priced backup for Pogba instead of trying to fit Alexis in somehow, while investing Sanchez' wages into De Gea and a forward signing that deserves the money. No way would I want to see such a wasteful player trying to do a job in midfield for us. Rooneys last years should have taught us a valuable lesson.

BurtSpangle

Didn't play badly today, just a clear anti-Sanchez agenda. Martial came on and immediately played a bad pass down the channel and then took a poor shot when there was a better passing option to Pogba in a counter attack. I do find it interesting that Sanchez seems to come inside a lot more than Martial. I don't think it helps the team. It makes me wonder if it's a tactical instruction or not, part of me thinks that the front players are free to do what they want which can cause issues like this (which you don't see at Man City). If players don't take up the correct positions in Pep's team, they don't play, so either Ole is not instructing him to stay wide, or he is instructing him to stay wide and Sanchez is not listening. Of the front three that played today I think he clearly played the best, received & retained the ball when under pressure numerous times where Martial would've lost it. Such a shame people want him to fail.

Unfortunately I don't think he'll end up working out here as we don't play a particularly good brand of football. Very slow, very ponderous and too few players capable of playing in tight spaces. We don't play quick combinations which is where a player like Sanchez/Mata thrives.

Kostov

Hurt my feelings? Just reminding you this is the Alexis performances thread. You've already let us know over 150 times how much you dislike Lingard in his player thread. Your obsessive hatred of him doesn't belong here.
Go and get yourself a life pal, it’s fecking embarrassing what you are doing. I made a reference that Alexis was better and should start over him if he plays. You get worked up if someone mentions Lingard anywhere or is it just me?

Either way go and camp in his thread today, explain to everybody how he made us better, again. Just don’t bother me, you are getting pathetic.

Aloysius's Back 3

Isn't that pretty much the Rooney dilemma all over again? Instead of trying to make him work in different positions he may or may not adapt to, on massive wages for years on end, I'd rather we accept defeat and cut our ties in the summer, provided things don't change soon (and signifcantly at that).

We should look to areasonably priced backup for Pogba instead of trying to fit Alexis in somehow, while investing Sanchez' wages into De Gea and a forward signing that deserves the money. No way would I want to see such a wasteful player trying to do a job in midfield for us. Rooneys last years should have taught us a valuable lesson.
Exactly.

I didn't say alexis needs a new position as an intention to keep him. But if we have to due to a lack of interest - then the best thing we can do is for him to change positions.

Even confidence wise - doing so allows him the cover of 'a old player trying something new'.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I dont think he has been playing bad but i don't think he is a winger. He must play as a number 9 or behind a striker. Still think he has abolity to score goals , just that he has been played in a wrong position for a long time now.
I think he should get a try on the right wing. Lingarrd could do with a rest.

It will be interesting come the end of the season to see how much he starts because i dont think he will like not starting. If he is not starting, he will push for a transfer away, like Lukaku.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Absolutely gutted what a disaster this has been and each game I’m thinking maybe this one will be the turning point. Sadly that now looks like it’s never going to happen. Hopefully one of the big China clubs come in for him in the summer.

Canagel

Sanchez has never been good at playing within a team system. His whole game was about individuals moments, never really been a team player. The point is that playing on the right or as a 10 or 9 is not going to make a significant difference to how he plays. For it to even have a chance at working he would need to have the whole team built around him, and frankly he is not good enough any more to make that feasible.
Yes I think this quite accurate. Perhaps this is why he had some issues in Barcelona.
He could be built around at Arsenal because the distance between him and the others was quite massive.
In a team with more quality spread he struggled before and that was in his prime. So now its even worse.

Loublaze

ATLien
Go and get yourself a life pal, it’s fecking embarrassing what you are doing. I made a reference that Alexis was better and should start over him if he plays. You get worked up if someone mentions Lingard anywhere or is it just me?

Either way go and camp in his thread today, explain to everybody how he made us better, again. Just don’t bother me, you are getting pathetic.
You get easily wound up don't you? It's just you my man, just you. You're a known Lingard hater, so of course I called you out for finding a way to criticize him over Alexis. Keep the pathetic Lingard hating in his performance thread.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
He’s just done. Can’t get away from defenders. Looks so laboured any time the ball comes near him.

Should be reaching out to every Chinese Club to try and get him off the books. I think he’s too big an ego just to freeze out without causing disruption.

Genuinely turning out to be one of the worst signings in PL history. Highest paid player in the league and getting Stuart Downing levels of performance. A disaster.

Trizy

Fellaini is only north of £200k a week so surely some Chinese club will come in and cover his wages. I'd almost let him off on a free.

Mata is a snail and is still 10 times better than this fraud. I'd say Arsenal did well but Micky is shite too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He’s just done. Can’t get away from defenders. Looks so laboured any time the ball comes near him.

Should be reaching out to every Chinese Club to try and get him off the books. I think he’s too big an ego just to freeze out without causing disruption.

Genuinely turning out to be one of the worst signings in PL history. Highest paid player in the league and getting Stuart Downing levels of performance. A disaster.
The swap deal masks it a little, so it won't get to Carroll 35m, or Torres 50m levels.
But it's certainly been so disappointing from that massive buzz when it was done

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, did it hurt your feelings? Alexis was better, while being ignored by both Jesse and Marcus on a couple of occasions.

You and your fan boy pals are like a disease, you can’t make a comment without some of you popping up.
When someone has to resort to the use of "fan boys", you know they're on shaky ground :lol:

Kostov

You get easily wound up don't you? It's just you my man, just you. You're a known Lingard hater, so of course I called you out for finding a way to criticize him over Alexis. Keep the pathetic Lingard hating in his performance thread.
I'm not the one getting worked up if someone mentioned a players name in a forum, you are. So talking about getting wound up.
If I expressed my opinion on Lingard's performance in his thread today, I'd be labelled as hater by the likes of you. Which shows how pathetic some of you fan boys are.

Brophs

The One and Only
I suspect Arsenal have had the best of him, but I reckon a lot of it is down to confidence, too. His first touch was never this bad. In his last season at Arsenal I'd argue he wasn't the same player so we're pushing on for two years when he hasn't been at his best. Whatever the reasons for that, it's hard to see that trend reversing.

Negan

His time is up.

He’s been given chances, he’s not looked good. Reminds me of Falcao in a United shirt. Every week you hope “This is the game!” and yet every week he manages to pull out another stinker. He looks LESS than half the player he was at Arsenal... he lacks speed, dribbling, shooting, even simple things like keeping possession.

It’s time we free up 500k in the Wage bill I’m afraid.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He looks like he doesn't even give a shit. There was a counter attack where Rashford ran towards 2 defenders on his own, and Sanchez didn't even try to show for the ball or make a run.

RedNed77

I believe we just need to get him off the books as soon as. Pay him up for half or 2/3rds of his contract and cut him loose if he'll take it as a deal. He offers absolutely nothing and he seems like a distraction for everybody. Its not worked, lets just move on.

United22

Just another name to add to the list of failed big name signings... Disappointing

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Today wasn't good a may be one of the final nails in his United career's coffin

Canagel

He looked quite embrassed coming off. I'll admit I felt sorry at that moment- even he looks resigned to this move not working out. But it'll have to be done. His output doesnt match with the wages hes been givrn. The highest payed PL player and not even close to being our best player?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He looked quite embrassed coming off. I'll admit I felt sorry at that moment- even he looks resigned to this move not working out. But it'll have to be done. His output doesnt match with the wages hes been givrn. The highest payed PL player and not even close to being our best player?
I dont even care about him being our best player. Its that hes getting paid that amount and he can barely work as a squad player. Same with Lukaku. Same with Fred actually. 350k a week for sanchez, 75m fee for lukaku, 55m for Fred. All virtually non existent impact in the squad. Same with Mata at this point. 4 players who should basically be key players in the team according to how much we paid for them/their wages, and we are better with none of them in the starting 11.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's physically shot.

No he was never a speed beast like Bale, Ronaldo, etc, but he was clearly more explosive than now.

I don't think he can even accelerate past pensioners nowadays.

His legs aren't doing what he wants to do. He's finished physically.

Highest paid player in the league and he churns out performances like that. Awful piece of business we've done unfortunately.

Ban

His time is up.

He’s been given chances, he’s not looked good. Reminds me of Falcao in a United shirt. Every week you hope “This is the game!” and yet every week he manages to pull out another stinker. He looks LESS than half the player he was at Arsenal... he lacks speed, dribbling, shooting, even simple things like keeping possession.

It’s time we free up 500k in the Wage bill I’m afraid.
He's not on 500k ffs.

settembrini

Can't believe we are still insisting on him on the left wing. It's been a full year of garbage from him in that position.

Mr PG

Used to be a terrific player, but he's done at the top level. Bad signing by Jose, will be very tough to sell him.
Will be shipped out for free due to his wages. Would have lots of takers in laliga or china.

Minimalist

Not really happening is it?

Assume we'll try to ship him out on the cheap come the summer.

IRELANDUNITED

He has never played there in his career

dogwithabone

I wouldn’t give up on him yet. He’s a class act and just needs unlocking in a United shirt. Think he may be trying a bit too hard to make an impression. It’s probably one of the challenges Ole faces that will make a serious impression on the decision makers if he can get Sanchez firing because that’s a massive outlay in wages for a player not yet holding down a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.