Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
I feel he’ll either tear things up Van Persie style for us, or he’ll be absolutely terrible. No middle ground.

Shaun Oldman

I have a feeling he will have an ok season, but not great by any means.

The omens don't look good though. To say the least.

podurban2

Hope he returns to his best and tears the league apart. Could be our best player then.

Shaun Oldman

That says two things to me.

One, that the club accept he's been rubbish and two, that the club want the fans to view him as a new signing.

piratefox

One, that the club accept he's been rubbish and two, that the club want the fans to view him as a new signing.
It says the first bit.

Hopefully the rest has done him some good, because he certainly looked like he needs it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
From ManUtd.com

EIGHT SUMMERS OF INTERNATIONAL ACTION

2017: After a long season with Arsenal, Alexis went all the way to the final in the Confederations Cup with Chile, before losing to Germany, playing five highly competitive matches in total.

2016: Our no.7 competed in six Copa America Centenario fixtures in the United States, as his national team claimed the trophy for the second successive year by beating Argentina on penalties.

2015: Alexis lifted the Copa America in Chile, beating Argentina in the final via a penalty shootout. Our man sealed the win with a Panenka-style finish past his now United team-mate Sergio Romero, in his sixth tournament appearance.

2014: There was no rest at the end of the 2013/14 season, due to Chile reaching the last 16 of the World Cup, where they were knocked out by hosts Brazil. Alexis made four appearances at the tournament.

2013: Alexis contested two World Cup qualifying matches in June, securing wins against Paraguay and Bolivia (scoring against the latter).

2012: The action continued for Alexis after the conclusion of the domestic season, as Chile earned two vital World Cup qualifying victories against Bolivia and Venezuela in June.

2011: There were a couple of international friendlies to contend with, as La Roja claimed a 4-0 win over Estonia on 20 June before drawing 0-0 against Paraguay three days later.

2010: Alexis made four appearances at the World Cup in South Africa - against Honduras, Switzerland, Spain and lastly Brazil in the round of 16.
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ted-after-first-full-summer-off-in-nine-years

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Or it's just a simple tweet which says Sanchez didn't have a proper rest for years, so we might see fully charged Sanchez this season.

Shaun Oldman

The omens?

The fact that he has been garbage for 12 months (AFC 6 months plus us)

The fact that he has played a lot of football, the fact that he is 29....

Want me to continue, or don't they count as omens?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
One of my favourites to watch in the premier league.

I agree he hasn't been great for a while and dosen't look a natural fit in a Mourinho team but still far too much quality about him not to score goals and make assists on a regular basis?

Surely with Lukaku rested for first weeks, there's a good opportunity to try him down the middle and see how that looks?

Canagel

The omens?

There's definitely that risk that he could fall off a cliff and decline very quickly like Rooney did. Wonder how many more excuses will be left for him after next season. Last season it was because he came in the middle of the season, no adaptation period, needs a full summer off and a big rest. Well he's getting that right now. If he continues like he was before I hope we get him out quicker than we did with Rooney but of course would love him to prove me wrong. A fully fit and firing Sanchez is key to our title hopes next season.

Last edited:

Vagene

He’ll come good this season, have absolutely no doubt.
Coming in January isn’t the best situation but it is what it is.

Jose and Sanchez both know what they need to do.

Just wish we’d sign a bloody Right sided forward/winger so we don’t play so narrow leaving Lukaku and Sanchez less isolated.

Hope the rest has done him good and in pre season Jose will teach him he doesn't need to be our chief creator unlike at Arsenal. He doesn't need to be everywhere on the pitch at all times, getting in other players way. He's got his favourite spot on the left so stay and be effective from there.

0le

Its a similar problem in Cricket and Snooker, where sportsman aren't getting enough rest because there are too many games. Its ridculous - imagine the training alongside the shift he puts on the pitch. He hasn't been managed correctly in my opinion. I think the club (Jose) have made the correct decision to give him a break. We'll have to wait and see as to whether it is the reason for his poor form.

jesperjaap

He has been one of my favourite players over the last decade. Followed him since he was at Udinese. He has looked tired and not mentally right. Here is hoping a rest and settling in we get the real Sanchez this season as he is one of the best wingers in world football. Strange to see he appeared bogged down by the pressure when he has played for Barcelona after all. Could be a massive massive player for us this season.....the sceptic in me though is very doubtful of that happening

Minimalist

I would expect him to be one of our bright stars this season. Especially after having a nice summer break to relax.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Its a similar problem in Cricket and Snooker, where sportsman aren't getting enough rest because there are too many games. Its ridculous - imagine the training alongside the shift he puts on the pitch. He hasn't been managed correctly in my opinion. I think the club (Jose) have made the correct decision to give him a break. We'll have to wait and see as to whether it is the reason for his poor form.
Yeah, totally. Don't know how they make it from one day to the next.

jem

The omens?

I don’t really see how they are omens. Was Hazard’s dip in form a few years back an omen? And since when is 29 old? Yes, Rooney had a precipitous drop off, but he’s more the exception than the rule, in my opinion. Sanchez just had an underwhelming season; hardly the first, nor the last star to go through that.

Shaun Oldman

There's definitely that risk that he could fall off a cliff and decline very quickly like Rooney did. Wonder how many more excuses will be left for him after next season. Last season it was because he came in the middle of the season, no adaptation period, needs a full summer off and a big rest. Well he's getting that right now. If he continues like he was before I hope we get him out quicker than we did with Rooney but of course would love him to prove me wrong.[/QUOTE
I don’t really see how they are omens. Was Hazard’s dip in form a few years back an omen? And since when is 29 old? Yes, Rooney had a precipitous drop off, but he’s more the exception than the rule, in my opinion. Sanchez just had an underwhelming season; hardly the first, nor the last star to go through that.
The season to come will tell us, won't it.

Personally believe he has peaked, form is one thing but to my eyes he has also lost a step.

MuFc_1992

Messi, Ronaldo etc. all have similar sentences regarding tax issues in spain. Are they all banned from entering US as well?

Are convicted folks from other nations not allowed at all in US? That they need a waiver
Depends on the crime and the nation. It's pretty hard to get into the US with a criminal record though.

jem

The season to come will tell us, won't it.

Personally believe he has peaked, form is one thing but to my eyes he has also lost a step.
It will - of course I hope you're wrong, but I'm not 100% confident.

PepsiCola

I have a feeling Mkhi will have a better season for Arsenal than Sanchez for us.

Morpheus 7

I'm really confident we are going to get the real Alexis this year, one of the few things I'm actually optimistic about regarding United.

Jojo <3 Mou

Form is termporary, class is permanent. I'm fairly confident that the real Alexis will show up.

Need to get him to L.A. asap. We need him to working on his understanding of the other players, the manager, tactics etc.

We need all the advantages and things falling into place in order to have a perfect/really good season.

devil in me

I have a feeling Mkhi will have a better season for Arsenal than Sanchez for us.
Mhikitaryn is rubbish, and has been about as good for Arsenal so far as he was for us...i.e.not very. Sanchez is by far a better player and SHOULD have an excellent season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yet Sanchez still did more for us than Mkhitaryan did for Arsenal....
They did pretty much the same. Same goals and assists, Sanchez played more, Mkhitaryan had an injury but was seen as a key player right away. I'd bet that their fans are happier with his performances and more optimistic with him then most United fans were/are with Sanchez.

IF Sanchez can get back to his best, then its no contest of course. But the Sanchez we saw last season made us worse than rotating Martial and Rashford like we did in the first half of the season. So we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.