Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
That's harsh if he is actually injured. Knee injuries aren't exactly something that you want to mess around with and it's not wrong of him to want the medical staff to help him out a bit. I know he didn't look to be in a huge amount of pain, but I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Despite all the negatives we've had with him, he does try hard and doesn't seem the type to just give up and stop trying.
It was the complete lack of urgency in any direction. He wasn’t demanding medical attention, he was just laying there defeated. Even his teammates were bemused.

Dve

Thought he had a decent first half today. As always, week in duels, but had some really good breakthrough passes as well.

Ibrahimorich

Our wage bill will get blown out of proportion if we keep him for more than this summer as players will refer to his wages as a reference to get more money when we sit down to renew contracts (degea's doing that already). Alexis needs to leave. Simple as.
I think in the long run it'll cost us less to just pay him up and release him in the summer and then we can give Dave and Paul 300k not 500k. That'd save us £20.8m already in one season.

m1tch

His reverse ball to Shaw was good today but it's a measure of things that you have to scratch around for something positive to say.

Maybe I'm over thinking things but I did wonder when the team was so reluctant to kick it out when he was down, if it's a sign that they think it's not much different playing with 10 - injured or not!

Can't see it turning round in what remains of the season, can't imagine people banging on our door to sign him though.

Sylar

We were pretty good when he was subbed

Sadly for him it was getting subbed off

Pace Abuser

I've been muted in my criticism. Quietly hoped he'd come good.
Now I'm asking, what is the point of him?

tenpoless

I can't remember a single game where he looks at home playing with his team mates...

We should never sign a player because "if a player of his Calibre is available, we should sign him" anymore. Di Maria, Falcao, Schweinsteiger and now Sanchez...

Prongsy

When Ole took over, there were 76 things he had to fix. Now for some strange reason, apart from having to sign players elsewhere the only thing we can really work on and with matches and confidence, is this bloody guy.

For how amazing this is, I don't care if he takes two more years to figure himself out. Clearly we have benched him in biggest games and we signed him for many reasons and to win and to make money, so we pay him whatever happens. He is willing to try, and isn't sulking to be on bench. So it's not the worst thing in the world, having a Sanchez problem. Without problems, you have nothing else to look forward to but for results and results.

Right now fans are getting sold on Pereira and Scott. Maybe Sanchez will have his time just before the end of the season, or maybe he won't. But he is not going to destroy our season, so let's not be obsessed with his doom. Whatever it is, the football people working with our club hopefully aren't in a Rooney type situation (as they've already benched him many times) with Sanchez. So it's okay.

Is it a waste of money? Probably. But we were burning way way much more and had we stuck with jose, we were about to burn even more money and probably sell pogba and who not. Compared to all that, sticking by with Sanchez, just a little bit more, while getting best out of every other situation, like getting ole himself who wont cost a fortune, to getting better use of money we had spent before, we really should be okay.

But at some point, if he doesn't even operate as a luxury player you carry who has potential to be world class match winner in biggest game later in a season, we can't just keep a rich mascot who generates money. But don't need to worry about that now.

KrasHammerhand

When Ole took over, there were 76 things he had to fix. Now for some strange reason, apart from having to sign players elsewhere the only thing we can really work on and with matches and confidence, is this bloody guy.

For how amazing this is, I don't care if he takes two more years to figure himself out. Clearly we have benched him in biggest games and we signed him for many reasons and to win and to make money, so we pay him whatever happens. He is willing to try, and isn't sulking to be on bench. So it's not the worst thing in the world, having a Sanchez problem. Without problems, you have nothing else to look forward to but for results and results.

Right now fans are getting sold on Pereira and Scott. Maybe Sanchez will have his time just before the end of the season, or maybe he won't. But he is not going to destroy our season, so let's not be obsessed with his doom. Whatever it is, the football people working with our club hopefully aren't in a Rooney type situation (as they've already benched him many times) with Sanchez. So it's okay.

Is it a waste of money? Probably. But we were burning way way much more and had we stuck with jose, we were about to burn even more money and probably sell pogba and who not. Compared to all that, sticking by with Sanchez, just a little bit more, while getting best out of every other situation, like getting ole himself who wont cost a fortune, to getting better use of money we had spent before, we really should be okay.

But at some point, if he doesn't even operate as a luxury player you carry who has potential to be world class match winner in biggest game later in a season, we can't just keep a rich mascot who generates money. But don't need to worry about that now.
It saddens me when a player “loses a step”, he was fun to watch at Arsenal. You can not question the heart, that being said when he went down and I saw the replay, I thought that it solves one of Ole’s problems as we will not need to find a spot for him.

KrasHammerhand

Takes over di Maria as the most disappointed I've been in a signing.

Funnily enough, that was a big debate on who got the better player between us and Arsenal. I thought we did, but Alexis turned out so much better, then we got him and he flopped here, too. Sad.
I would love to have mkhitaryan player under OGS, he was never utilized correctly while here.

captain666

Whilst I hope his injury is not too serious I think that is probably the last time we will see him in a United shirt,the body just can't respond to the brains instructions.

Negan

I can't remember a single game where he looks at home playing with his team mates...

We should never sign a player because "if a player of his Calibre is available, we should sign him" anymore. Di Maria, Falcao, Schweinsteiger and now Sanchez...
I always said you have to be a certain type of player to play for Man United.

Every fan just wants a "name", I want players like Giggs, Beckham, Keane, Scholes. Players that have those characteristics.

snk123

He was the only decent player in the first half - that's what I saw

BlackBen

Might as well give his minutes to Chong at least he has the pace to get past people.

Sanchez is absolutely finished and we need to get rid in the summer. Sad this hasn’t worked out.

Marcelinho87

Will go down as another Di Maria. Incredibly talented player that won't work in our team because we have no attacking structure. Thought he was the best player on the pitch on the first half. Only one who looked halfway dangerous. Shame people have their agenda and don't actually watch the game from an unbiased viewpoint.
Under Mourinho maybe but since Ole our attack has looked perfectly fine so the structure argument doesn't hold for me.

Also we looked a ton better as a team after he went off and not for the first time.

He is done, unfortunately.

el3mel

How can anyone compare to Di Maria ? I don't get it. Di Maria with all his problems was twice the player Sanchez is here. Yeah that's the insane reality.

Di Maria was our top assist maker in this season with 11 or 12 assists while scoring 4. Sanchez has 5 goals in 1.5 seasons ! and probably as much assists.

Di Maria didn't work because he fell with LVG but he was still world class who delivered while playing in second gear. Sanchez is just absolute trash right now.

cyril C

Thought he had a decent first half today. As always, week in duels, but had some really good breakthrough passes as well.
Initially I thought the same but after watching MUTV stats-man I have a different conclusion. Sanchez was energetic alright but you can see the changes right after he was off.

Sanchez was positioned as #10 but he drifted to the left hand side all the time, which created a congestion clog on the left but worse. As explained in MUTV, to counter a 3-men CB it was crucial to cause problem in the #10 area, but Sanchez neglected his duty. When Dalot came on, Perreira was slot into the #10 position and he immediately caused a few problems and scored the goal. Dalot's energy on the right was far more effective compared with Sanchez on the middle/left.

That prompt me to think - Sanchez was clearly instructed to play in the middle possibly a #10 position, why did he constantly drifted to the left. This is because I am Sanchez so I do whatever I want? And it took Perreira 10s to understand his new role and made the impact?

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
What I dont get is that 1 month before he signed with us he ran us ragged.

We won the game but arsenal thoroughly dominated he second half and although he didn't score he was their most dangerous player and seemed to everywhere in the final third.

Maybe he has been injured or maybe it has been chemistry and confidence. But he is literally half the arsenal player.

Canagel

Initially I thought the same but after watching MUTV stats-man I have a different conclusion. Sanchez was energetic alright but you can see the changes right after he was off.

Sanchez was positioned as #10 but he drifted to the left hand side all the time, which created a congestion clog on the left but worse. As explained in MUTV, to counter a 3-men CB it was crucial to cause problem in the #10 area, but Sanchez neglected his duty. When Dalot came on, Perreira was slot into the #10 position and he immediately caused a few problems and scored the goal. Dalot's energy on the right was far more effective compared with Sanchez on the middle/left.

That prompt me to think - Sanchez was clearly instructed to play in the middle possibly a #10 position, why did he constantly drifted to the left. This is because I am Sanchez so I do whatever I want? And it took Perreira 10s to understand his new role and made the impact?
his positioning is a joke. The heat map at half time here:

204Red

How can anyone compare to Di Maria ? I don't get it. Di Maria with all his problems was twice the player Sanchez is here. Yeah that's the insane reality.

Di Maria was our top assist maker in this season with 11 or 12 assists while scoring 4. Sanchez has 5 goals in 1.5 seasons ! and probably as much assists.

Di Maria didn't work because he fell with LVG but he was still world class who delivered while playing in second gear. Sanchez is just absolute trash right now.
This is a pretty good analogy... makes you wonder if Sanchez really wanted to come here in the first place or this was just the only option to get out of Arsenal asap.

Negan

I legitimately can’t wait until he leaves.

I have no hope for him whatsoever. I just know when I see his name on the sheet, he’s gonna do feck all.

Intilo

Might as well give his minutes to Chong at least he has the pace to get past people.

Sanchez is absolutely finished and we need to get rid in the summer. Sad this hasn’t worked out.
I can't see him going anywhere. No club is going to pay an overpaid , has-been 30 years old player and now got ligament injury. Even Chinese club would think twice , sorry to say but i think he stuck with us till his contract runs out and no one can do anything about it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I can't see him going anywhere. No club is going to pay an overpaid , has-been 30 years old player and now got ligament injury. Even Chinese club would think twice , sorry to say but i think he stuck with us till his contract runs out and no one can do anything about it.
We say this, but there’s absolutely no way he’s still here in another 3 years. One way or another, it will come to an end sooner that this. People said the same with Rooney, how we can never get rid of him.

RedDevil@84

We say this, but there’s absolutely no way he’s still here in another 3 years. One way or another, it will come to an end sooner that this. People said the same with Rooney, how we can never get rid of him.
It was Jose. He probably told Rooney to feck off or be benched forever.
Rooney saw sense and knew Jose was an egoistical maniac who would bench a player just because he didn't like him.

Besides Everton were so happy to have him back.

Sanchez would also probably want to go if Ole would tell him he will be regularly on bench even if fit.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It was Jose. He probably told Rooney to feck off or be benched forever.
Rooney saw sense and knew Jose was an egoistical maniac who would bench a player just because he didn't like him.

Besides Everton were so happy to have him back.

Sanchez would also probably want to go if Ole would tell him he will be regularly on bench even if fit.
I imagine that Sanchez doesn’t feel very encouraged that he features in Solskjær’s plans for the first team either.

RedDevil@84

I imagine that Sanchez doesn’t feel very encouraged that he features in Solskjær’s plans for the first team either.
I am expecting Sanchez would want an out too. But it remains to be seen how much of a wage cut he will agree to take. He is unlikely to have any team wanting him in PL, especially given his age and recent spate of injuries.

onemanarmy

I am expecting Sanchez would want an out too. But it remains to be seen how much of a wage cut he will agree to take. He is unlikely to have any team wanting him in PL, especially given his age and recent spate of injuries.
And his recent lack of good performances of course. I think he'll be here for another year, before leaving for MLS while taking a wage cut.

Sylar

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that with 9 other players missing last night we were still probably better off not having Sanchez available.
We were also better vs Southampton once he went off. I dont see how he fits in after this summer.

Luke1995

Are we allowed to still talk about Alexis in here while he's out of the team or is this thread strictly about game performances ?

Couldn't find a thread about him on the Manchester United forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.