Alexis Sanchez image 7

Alexis Sanchez Chile flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good for all parties. Whatever happened to him, at the end of the day he wasn't the same player and ultimately looked out of place in the prem and our team. Heard he has been decent so it works for them, but also works for us to just be able to clear him off the wage bill. Chapter over.

SATA

Close thread and open an ‘Inter watch - Alexis Sanchez’? If we are still interested in what he’s doing after us

ZupZup

It’d cost us about £20m to pay his salary next season if he stayed... for a player we obviously don’t want. Inter know that.

I’m just delighted someone has taken him off our books.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Just can't belive we've had Di Maria, Falcao, BFS and Sanches in our team last few years, and none have worked out

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just can't belive we've had Di Maria, Falcao, BFS and Sanches in our team last few years, and none have worked out
Never wanted to come
Crock
Crock
Past his best

Not that hard to see why it didn't work out in hindsight is it

tomaldinho1

Something doesn’t add up. He was supposedly on £20 million a year at United. No footballer on earth is taking a drop is wages like that.
Think another poster somewhere above explained it better but essentially, Italy's tax system is much more favourable to footballers and so he can earn 'lower' salary but still take home a similar amount.

0le

Awesome day with the Sanchez and Sancho news.

edgecutter

Great news, the wages alone saved is colossal in the grand scheme of things.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Its done!!! WOWOWOWOW!

Jog on Sanchez you useless punk.
What a disgraceful episode in the clubs history for all involved. Once he is gone, he should never be spoken about ever again!
He better not say a bad word about our club once he leaves either.

Crashoutcassius

A PL great at his peak, good luck. Getting wages off the book is a big win since he simply won't play, he should finance Sancho and somebody else's wages this summer alone.

Falcow

The worst ever PL signing. Thank feck he's going. His being here was a reminder of how badly this club was run since Fergie left.
Possibly but its debatable, there are other contenders:

Andy Carroll for pool.
Chelsea's keeper (world record signing)
Keita (£64m!)
All of Citys full backs.
Ozil .

Any others?

I think if we sell him now for £10m or thereabouts then he doesnt go down as worst ever.

CM10

It's something of a miracle we've managed to get his wages off the books in its entirety. Good stuff.

el3mel

Andy Carroll for pool.
Keita (£64m!)
All of Citys full backs.
Ozil .

Any others?

I think if we sell him now for £10m or thereabouts then he doesnt go down as worst ever.
He's worse than all of these simply due to his wages and huge expectations.

Classical Mechanic

Andy Carroll for pool.
Keita (£64m!)
All of Citys full backs.
Ozil .

Any others?

Kepa is the worst I think. £72m and he became literally the worst keeper in the league and by a distance.

Rajma

Colossally missused here but glad this chapter is over. Getting him off the wage bill completely is a massive thing. Now we need to rectify DDG’s mistake and we can start building a proper and healthy wage structure again.

van Persie

Andy Carroll for pool.
Keita (£64m!)
All of Citys full backs.
Ozil .

Any others?

Who the feck cares? He was a massive failure for our club and a ridiculous signing. I wish all the best personally going forward but for our team ths is borderline a dream.

hubbuh

Andy Carroll for pool.
Keita (£64m!)
All of Citys full backs.
Ozil .

Any others?

Sanchez was still worse. The money involved, the hope it brought after a few years of post-Fergie shite, the fecking piano. Getting him off the books feels like a massive, massive corner turned. They need to get someone more bloody savvy on the negotiating panel. Edwood Woodwood's second-in-command Judge is clearly an incompetent cnut.

King Eric 7

Well, at least we've finally learned not to make signings like this anymore.

Really glad we've managed to get rid of a player we no longer need and have freed up space in the wage budget for some more signings. I'm convinced we'll be playing Inter soon so it should be interesting!

CM10

He's worse than all of these simply due to his wages and huge expectations.
Torres at Chelsea was arguably worse value. He scored a couple of important goals in Europe but his league return was dreadful.

el3mel

Torres at Chelsea was arguably worse value. He scored a couple of important goals in Europe but his league return was dreadful.
At least Torres left them with one or 2 good memories. Sanchez not at all, will never remember him again.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There isn't a deal that's close to Sanchez when it comes to worst deal in PL history. He was highest earner in PL history, other player contracts were messed up because of this contract. Glad we are getting rid of him without paying any compensation.

Falcow

Who the feck cares? He was a massive failure for our club and a ridiculous signing. I wish all the best personally going forward but for our team ths is borderline a dream.
Well I do and I take great pleasure in responding with Kieta any time pool supporting colleagues/friends bring up Sanchez.

Anyway, agreed this is a dream for us and all the best to him. He deserves credit for performing as well as he has over there and earning a transfer, he could just have put his feet up and wound down his contract with us but in fairness he choose not to do that so hats off to him.

Suedesi

We have a much better hand than the "get rid" crowd thinks.

Alexis looks refreshed after the Covid break, and has been their best player since the restart.

Inter and Conte are desperate to win the Europa and his current deal expires on Aug 8, and we are one of the teams left in that competition and have no incentive to extend loan by 3 weeks, and this is time critical for them.

He has about £38m left in wages on his contract, which at UK taxes is £21m net, or €23m net.

Inter want to give him a 3 year contract and Italian taxes for footballers is a lot lower.

If Alexis wants to go back there and is willing to take the same guaranteed money but spread over 3 years (not that big an if), Inter need to pay him €7.7m net which is €9.8m gross which is right in line with their best players.

His remaining book value for us is ~15m.

I think the deal will happen iff
1. Alexis takes the same money over 3 years instead of 2.
2. Inter pay his remaining book value to us as a fee
3. We give Alexis a small bonus like 2-3m.
Good post - but we have a really bad hand namely the negotiators on our side.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thank the lord. An atrocious toxic personality being kept far far away from the beautiful harmony of this squad.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Something doesn’t add up. He was supposedly on £20 million a year at United. No footballer on earth is taking a drop is wages like that.
He will get a massive signing on fee which in normal circumstances would have been paid to United. This will compensate in part for his loss in any excess salary over the term of his United contract.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Cue the “Manchester is shit. I couldn’t settle down there and the manager didn’t give me a chance” posts from him.
"I've been thinking about leaving Man Utd since the third game."

Status
Not open for further replies.