Alexis Sanchez image Chile flag

Alexis Sanchez 2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

1. Aug 8, 2019

Escobar Poster originally known as Michel04

Maybe we can sell for 10m to China or US
  2. Aug 8, 2019

Jacob Full Member

Hope so but doubt it. I think Sanchez thinks he can get that move after his 3 remaining years on the current contract.
  3. Aug 8, 2019

lsd Full Member

The last thing we need is to get rid if him . Right now he is our most experienced attacker and we need that experience.
    I would like to see him get a run as centre forward doesn't he play there for Chile at present ?
  4. Aug 8, 2019

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    I hope we don't see him at all this season. If this season doesn't become about bringing through the youngsters then what's the point? Rashford, Martial, Chong, Gomes & James should all be ahead of him for LW.
  5. Aug 8, 2019

Minkaro Full Member

If he has to play, I want it to be there. There's no way he's going to contribute as a winger, but as a back-up striker for Rashford, he might do something?
  6. Aug 8, 2019

fps Full Member

THREE YEARS!?!?!!
  7. Aug 8, 2019

Jacob Full Member

June 2022 if I'm not mistaken.
  8. Aug 8, 2019

-Supreme- New Member

Sanchez will surprise a few people if he can stay fit and given game time in his preferred central position.

He will be the difference to us having a bad to great season.
  9. Aug 9, 2019

DannyCAFC Full Member

Supports:
    Charlton Athletic
    It's incredible how much of an afterthought this guy has become. Went from being regarded as probably a top 10-15 player in the world, to somebody who now is beaten out in everyone's preferred XI by either a Championship pace merchant or a 17 year from the academy.

Do people feel he is just completely done? Hypothetically if he went to City, do you think we'd still be looking at a Sanchez near the peak of his powers?
  10. Aug 9, 2019

JJ12 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

It's not Uniteds fault he's physically drained.

He has to play centrally or not at all at this point.
  11. Aug 9, 2019

El Zoido Full Member

I agree, I think he could be valuable to us this season. I don’t believe for one second that he’s finished.
  12. Aug 9, 2019

RedAlert27 New Member

Without any additional attacking talent coming in (Apart from James) is it inevitable he will play a part this season, whether it's just europa league or cup games. He needs to adapt his game, too many times he was chasing the ball aimlessly, running himself into the ground last season. Needs to save his energy for the final third, where he needs to be more explosive, like in his Arsenal days. Could be a good impact sub, if he stays injury free... and that's a big if.
  13. Aug 9, 2019

TMDaines Full Member

He's never fit. I'm a bigger asset because of that. At least I could get onto the field.
  14. Aug 9, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    The issue is, it's hard to remember the last time he was fit and available to be picked consistently. He will be involved this season if he is fit, but he's now missed pre-season with the new style, so will be interesting to see how he catches up to the rest of the squad. No doubt he still has quality though.
  15. Aug 9, 2019

Denis79 Full Member

Think he's done at any top club, I was so excited when he joined...
  16. Aug 9, 2019

Andycoleno9 Full Member

I exoect a lot from him this season. Just needs to play. He can cover all 4 front positions. I hope that Ole will give him minutes
  17. Aug 10, 2019

sglowrider Against Oral Equality

One of life's mysteries. WTF happened?

18. Aug 10, 2019

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

He’ll come good.
  19. Aug 10, 2019

Slysi17 New Member

I wanted him gone before the transfer window. But since the transfer window has been so crap, we really need to keep him this season. Didn't buy a single attacker and not fair to place heaps of pressure on the young players like Chong, Greenwood etc. Plus he is our only experienced attacker after selling Lukuku besides Rashford and Martial. Hopefully by some miracle we get Champions League football and can get rid of him and get a quality attacking player in. Blame the board/owners for having to keep Sanchez through their clueless search for a quality attacker.
  20. Aug 10, 2019

meninred New Member

The guy is finished in in my view.Hope rumor is true that he may go on Loan.
  21. Aug 10, 2019

Sterling Archer Full Member

Don't think it even has to be that specific. If he's able to stay fit, I think we'll see him flourish in the system Ole wants to play. Felt it was a combination of injuries and Jose's football that made for a Sanchez that was unwatchable.

Here's to hoping we see the best of him this season!
  22. Aug 10, 2019

Abe144 New Member

Supports:
    CD Guadalajara
    He played LW for Chile at the Copa America and has played there since Bielsa managed them
  23. Aug 15, 2019

Scholsey2004 Full Member

Read we've paid him something like 41m in wages now. People talking about how useful his experience will be or how he'll come good need to get real. He's an absolute money pit. The window for him to prove himself has long since passed.
  24. Aug 15, 2019

Raw Full Member

It's just so unreal that we've spent £41m on his services so far. Fecking hell. He's done absolutely nothing.
  25. Aug 15, 2019

Scholsey2004 Full Member

Yeah. It's like he's on gardening leave. He threw a fit at mason greenwood for fouling him in training the other day which is ironic considering you'd have to be cracked to pick Sanchez ahead of the 17 year old now.
  26. Aug 15, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Sell him and give the minutes to Chong/Gomes.

The guys delivered nothing close to what we expected. Curse of number 7 strikes again.
  27. Aug 15, 2019

Devil81 Full Member

I don't really care about the wages anymore, United are big enough and rich enough to deal with it.

What I dislike is the guys attitude and his overall performance. I can't bear another season of him struggling because he's physically done.

Get rid of the problem and accept a mistake has been made.
  28. Aug 15, 2019

AgentP Full Member

Moving him on is the best option but if that means that we have to bear more than half of his wages, then we might as well keep him and try to get the best out of him. He did play well for Chile just a month back so there is a decent player left somewhere in there.
  29. Aug 15, 2019

sglowrider Against Oral Equality

Sell him? Now, why didnt Woodward/Ole think about that. Duh!
  30. Aug 15, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Really great input there smart ass. Your comment was so desperately required :confused:
  31. Aug 15, 2019

matherto ask me about our 50% off sale!

Is he still injured?

Also if we're footing the bill for his wages when on loan do we have to pay his appearance bonus too or does that only count for United appearances?
  32. Aug 15, 2019

lex talionis Full Member

If Sanchez comes good, I would hope it's on the right as I'd hate to see either Martial or Rashford displaced.

We're all rose-tinted United supporters here so I'll throw it out there anyway, but imagine top gear from Rashford, Martial and Sanchez at the same time, same pitch and same shirt. Frightening stuff.
  33. Aug 15, 2019

Mick1 Full Member

I am of that opinion too. I think Sanchez will we be reintroduced into the team slowly, as he would have had about 6 week to get his body in shape.

I don't think people understand that even for professional footballers, losind weight midway through the season is an Imposibility because they need to maintain peak physical endurance levels even in training. Sanchez has been playing non stop, overweight for 2 seasons, at the now ripe age of 30, getting worse as time (and attacking qualities around) and now just needs some rest. He will be absolutely fine this season. Hope he will turn things around.
  34. Aug 16, 2019

Adnan Full Member

35. Aug 16, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

He's had 2 years now in the wilderness, absolutely no chance he gets back to even close to what he once was. He's finished
  36. Aug 16, 2019

SaintMuppet New Member

Personally I hope he comes good this season and can have a positive influence on our season.

Some of you will be upset at that and want rid of him at all costs. Myself I see the team as more important than individuals and we are a bit light on experience up front. I’d rather keep him until squad depth is a little more.. err.. deep. Relying on the youth is great but 92 comes once in a generation and youth are likely to do what youth do when dealing with genuine pressure. Greenwood looks like the exception, he seems to have a calmness that belies his years

If we can get a tune out of him (granted it’s quite a big if) it may be the difference come the end of the season what with injuries etc.

I’m not holding my breath though...
  37. Aug 16, 2019

crossy1686 Full Member

Talking him up to prospective buyers
  38. Aug 16, 2019

Adnan Full Member

Solskjær on Alexis Sánchez: "We don't have the biggest forward line in numbers. so Alexis might end up playing a lot more games than you expect. We expect him to come good at this club, he's quality."
  39. Aug 16, 2019

Raw Full Member

Doesn't seem like he's going to leave then. Hope Ole is right with this one.
  40. Aug 16, 2019

paulblart New Member

Why do people want to get rid of him now? Our window is closed, we can't sign a replacement. Much better to keep him as an option for now and see if he can make a difference.