Alexis Sanchez image 7

Alexis Sanchez Chile flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
By getting rid you mean terminating his contract for 15 mill or so? He won't sign for anybody since he will have to but his wages with 70 percent. He rather see out his contract and retire here.
Maybe we can sell for 10m to China or US

lsd

The Oracle
The last thing we need is to get rid if him . Right now he is our most experienced attacker and we need that experience.
I would like to see him get a run as centre forward doesn't he play there for Chile at present ?

Minkaro

I would like to see him get a run as centre forward doesn't he play there for Chile at present ?
If he has to play, I want it to be there. There's no way he's going to contribute as a winger, but as a back-up striker for Rashford, he might do something?

-Supreme-

Sanchez will surprise a few people if he can stay fit and given game time in his preferred central position.

He will be the difference to us having a bad to great season.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
It's incredible how much of an afterthought this guy has become. Went from being regarded as probably a top 10-15 player in the world, to somebody who now is beaten out in everyone's preferred XI by either a Championship pace merchant or a 17 year from the academy.

Do people feel he is just completely done? Hypothetically if he went to City, do you think we'd still be looking at a Sanchez near the peak of his powers?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It's incredible how much of an afterthought this guy has become. Went from being regarded as probably a top 10-15 player in the world, to somebody who now is beaten out in everyone's preferred XI by either a Championship pace merchant or a 17 year from the academy.

Do people feel he is just completely done? Hypothetically if he went to City, do you think we'd still be looking at a Sanchez near the peak of his powers?
It's not Uniteds fault he's physically drained.

He has to play centrally or not at all at this point.

El Zoido

Sanchez will surprise a few people if he can stay fit and given game time in his preferred central position.

I agree, I think he could be valuable to us this season. I don’t believe for one second that he’s finished.

RedAlert27

Without any additional attacking talent coming in (Apart from James) is it inevitable he will play a part this season, whether it's just europa league or cup games. He needs to adapt his game, too many times he was chasing the ball aimlessly, running himself into the ground last season. Needs to save his energy for the final third, where he needs to be more explosive, like in his Arsenal days. Could be a good impact sub, if he stays injury free... and that's a big if.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

He's never fit. I'm a bigger asset because of that. At least I could get onto the field.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

The issue is, it's hard to remember the last time he was fit and available to be picked consistently. He will be involved this season if he is fit, but he's now missed pre-season with the new style, so will be interesting to see how he catches up to the rest of the squad. No doubt he still has quality though.

Denis79

Think he's done at any top club, I was so excited when he joined...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I exoect a lot from him this season. Just needs to play. He can cover all 4 front positions. I hope that Ole will give him minutes

Slysi17

I wanted him gone before the transfer window. But since the transfer window has been so crap, we really need to keep him this season. Didn't buy a single attacker and not fair to place heaps of pressure on the young players like Chong, Greenwood etc. Plus he is our only experienced attacker after selling Lukuku besides Rashford and Martial. Hopefully by some miracle we get Champions League football and can get rid of him and get a quality attacking player in. Blame the board/owners for having to keep Sanchez through their clueless search for a quality attacker.

meninred

The guy is finished in in my view.Hope rumor is true that he may go on Loan.

Sterling Archer

Don't think it even has to be that specific. If he's able to stay fit, I think we'll see him flourish in the system Ole wants to play. Felt it was a combination of injuries and Jose's football that made for a Sanchez that was unwatchable.

Here's to hoping we see the best of him this season!

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
The last thing we need is to get rid if him . Right now he is our most experienced attacker and we need that experience.
He played LW for Chile at the Copa America and has played there since Bielsa managed them

Scholsey2004

Read we've paid him something like 41m in wages now. People talking about how useful his experience will be or how he'll come good need to get real. He's an absolute money pit. The window for him to prove himself has long since passed.

Raw

Read we've paid him something like 41m in wages now. People talking about how useful his experience will be or how he'll come good need to get real. He's an absolute money pit. The window for him to prove himself has long since passed.
It's just so unreal that we've spent £41m on his services so far. Fecking hell. He's done absolutely nothing.

Scholsey2004

It's just so unreal that we've spent £41m on his services so far. Fecking hell. He's done absolutely nothing.
Yeah. It's like he's on gardening leave. He threw a fit at mason greenwood for fouling him in training the other day which is ironic considering you'd have to be cracked to pick Sanchez ahead of the 17 year old now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sell him and give the minutes to Chong/Gomes.

The guys delivered nothing close to what we expected. Curse of number 7 strikes again.

Devil81

I don't really care about the wages anymore, United are big enough and rich enough to deal with it.

What I dislike is the guys attitude and his overall performance. I can't bear another season of him struggling because he's physically done.

Get rid of the problem and accept a mistake has been made.

AgentP

Moving him on is the best option but if that means that we have to bear more than half of his wages, then we might as well keep him and try to get the best out of him. He did play well for Chile just a month back so there is a decent player left somewhere in there.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Is he still injured?

Also if we're footing the bill for his wages when on loan do we have to pay his appearance bonus too or does that only count for United appearances?

lex talionis

If Sanchez comes good, I would hope it's on the right as I'd hate to see either Martial or Rashford displaced.

We're all rose-tinted United supporters here so I'll throw it out there anyway, but imagine top gear from Rashford, Martial and Sanchez at the same time, same pitch and same shirt. Frightening stuff.

Mick1

If Sanchez comes good, I would hope it's on the right as I'd hate to see either Martial or Rashford displaced.

We're all rose-tinted United supporters here so I'll throw it out there anyway, but imagine top gear from Rashford, Martial and Sanchez at the same time, same pitch and same shirt. Frightening stuff.
I am of that opinion too. I think Sanchez will we be reintroduced into the team slowly, as he would have had about 6 week to get his body in shape.

I don't think people understand that even for professional footballers, losind weight midway through the season is an Imposibility because they need to maintain peak physical endurance levels even in training. Sanchez has been playing non stop, overweight for 2 seasons, at the now ripe age of 30, getting worse as time (and attacking qualities around) and now just needs some rest. He will be absolutely fine this season. Hope he will turn things around.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's had 2 years now in the wilderness, absolutely no chance he gets back to even close to what he once was. He's finished

SaintMuppet

Personally I hope he comes good this season and can have a positive influence on our season.

Some of you will be upset at that and want rid of him at all costs. Myself I see the team as more important than individuals and we are a bit light on experience up front. I’d rather keep him until squad depth is a little more.. err.. deep. Relying on the youth is great but 92 comes once in a generation and youth are likely to do what youth do when dealing with genuine pressure. Greenwood looks like the exception, he seems to have a calmness that belies his years

If we can get a tune out of him (granted it’s quite a big if) it may be the difference come the end of the season what with injuries etc.

I’m not holding my breath though...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Solskjær on Alexis Sánchez: "We don't have the biggest forward line in numbers. so Alexis might end up playing a lot more games than you expect. We expect him to come good at this club, he's quality."

paulblart

Why do people want to get rid of him now? Our window is closed, we can't sign a replacement. Much better to keep him as an option for now and see if he can make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.