Alexis Sanchez image 7

Alexis Sanchez Chile flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

I actually think he should be playing in our next game. But I now think Ole is first a fan and then a manager. That is why he is doing all the soundbites. Sanchez may be horrible for most of the game but he has the ability to do something brilliant too.
So why not play him up front instead of Lingard?

Denis79

I actually think he should be playing in our next game. But I now think Ole is first a fan and then a manager. That is why he is doing all the soundbites. Sanchez may be horrible for most of the game but he has the ability to do something brilliant too.
So why not play him up front instead of Lingard?
Good question.

KennyBurner

Pretty sure his best ever season at Arsenal was playing as a striker?
Don’t you just love it when people comment without the facts? I’ve been saying we should hold on to him especially since the trade with inter is a terrible deal. We would be paying half of his wages so we might as well keep him. But to get to the point, we haven’t played him centrally under Ole. We can’t afford to knock it till we at least try. We are desperate and so we have to take the chance on him being better than Lingard which I doubt is hard.

Foxbatt

Agree with you Denis and Kenny. We sold Fellaini and we never replaced him. We still have not replaced him by getting a better midfield player. Yes he is clumsy but he always was a good option. The problem was that he was the first option and that is what most fans do not like. I do not think anyone would want to lose a game rather than put of Fellaini.
Now we have the same problems with Sanchez. Players do not become bad players instantly. He is a very good player who actually runs a lot and tries hard too. Yes he has missed goals too but give him a run in the side and not a few minutes here and there. Let him feel happy as RVP says and let him get into a groove. Lingard has been given all those opportunities and why not Alexis?

dev1l

I m under the impression that the biggest reason we want to get rid of Sanchez is the impact his fat contract left on other players.

It created unrest in the dressing room especially when his performances on the pitch didn't match his salary.

That s why I think even if Martial is injured, we will still sell Sanchez.

That s my opinion

AFC NimbleThumb

I just don’t get on with the contract argument, players were not pulling up trees before he came & the player shifted to shoehorn him in [Martial] has since signed a contract.

DDG is stalling about signing a contract worth a kings ransom & given his form much above his pay grade - his option is PSG; which is where I think he’ll end up along with fellow money grabber Herrera.

The excuse that they can point fingers at Sanchez doesn’t make sense when the likes of Lingard/Rojo got increases/extensions & hardly justify those wages.

The squad is full of overpaid, underperformers - paying Sanchez to leave saves the club money that again hasn’t been proven it will be reinvested.

Sanchez has been terrible for United but fans are again having their heads spun that getting rid of high earners & not replacing them is the way we will improve.

Sanchez is a long shot but we can’t replace him now & he’s not the reason Lindelof doesn’t outjump a winger or DDG can’t save shots at his close post.

We’re better off watching him try again than paying him to play elsewhere.

Sterling Archer

I m under the impression that the biggest reason we want to get rid of Sanchez is the impact his fat contract left on other players.

It created unrest in the dressing room especially when his performances on the pitch didn't match his salary.

That s why I think even if Martial is injured, we will still sell Sanchez.

That s my opinion
I'm not against it. Forced to start Greenwood. It could be worse.

dev1l

Imo the club s strategy (Assuming there is one :)) is first to slowly get rid of deadwood while giving a chance to younger players.
Then after seeing which players can make it or not, sign players to occupy roles management is not happy with.
At the moment we re still stage 1 (ie slowly clearing deadwood and giving a chance to younger players).
I think we ll make a signing come next January.

Foxbatt

We sold Fellaini in January and when things went belly up later in the season there were games where someone like him was needed when things do not work. We never replaced him with another midfield player.
We let Herrera go. His contract extension was only done on the day before his contract expired and his new offer was given to him only in March and his contract expired end of May. Obviously once it became I think 6 months then he is free to speak to other clubs. If United had wanted him to stay they would not have waited until March to offer him a new contract.

Name Changed

weso26
DDG is stalling about signing a contract worth a kings ransom & given his form much above his pay grade - his option is PSG; which is where I think he’ll end up along with fellow money grabber Herrera.

I've just seen this. Money grabber Herrera? Is that for real? United waited until the end of his contract before even offering him a new one. He was one of the few players that gave his heart & soul for the club. He must have seen lesser players be given contract extensions and wonder why the feck he didn't get one. I don't blame him for leaving. He was right to. Ultimately he has to do what is right for him. If he had of been offered a contract at a reasonable stage he would have stayed.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I've just seen this. Money grabber Herrera? Is that for real? United waited until the end of his contract before even offering him a new one. He was one of the few players that gave his heart & soul for the club. He must have seen lesser players be given contract extensions and wonder why the feck he didn't get one. I don't blame him for leaving. He was right to. Ultimately he has to do what is right for him. If he had of been offered a contract at a reasonable stage he would have stayed.
Every player( and person in general) is in some way money grabber. You want to be payed as much as you can. Only thing for which i never ever blame players are their wages. It is just business for them

AFC NimbleThumb

I was off with my DDG assertion, as he’s signed. He’s not playing for free mind but he’s stayed so credit to the man.

On to Herrera. Let me start by saying I didn’t particularly rate him, I saw him put in some good performances & also be on the pitch for some of our worst during his tenure. Needless to say though, with no midfield reinforcements him leaving leaves a sizeable gap.

He moved to PSG where competition for midfield places is vast, he also ‘flirted’ with signing the contract eventually whilst the PSG link had been leaked from around new year. All this while releasing some nonsense video about his love & gratitude for the club who’s contract offer he rejected.

I don’t know exactly what contract he signed [none of us do] but it is reported to have been larger than the United offer.

I’m not quite sure what you’re wanting me to answer, he wasn’t offered a contract on his terms & [rightly so] put himself first & sought a huge offer on a bosman from PSG. He was though, offered a contract at some point which he was within his rights to reject in favour of a more attractive PSG offer.

I’m not going to argue facts but it was reported the offer was before ‘the end of his contract’ as you state. I highly doubt United waited until June 30 to book in a meeting.

I didn’t blame him for leaving either, he had some weird cult status where his time at the club is romanticised. He did ok here & left for what ended up being a more lucrative deal for himself which he has every right to do. Had his love for the club been so significant he would have stayed.

We are seeing with the Lindelof offer that the club look to have learnt a lesson with the Herrera issue, I too believe he should have been offered a contract earlier but he wasn’t & then negotiated a larger deal elsewhere.

Money grabber.

/breath
Every player( and person in general) is in some way money grabber. You want to be payed as much as you can. Only thing for which i never ever blame players are their wages. It is just business for them
I agree with the last point entirely, to expect loyalty from people who don’t support the club but are employed by it; especially when fans will readily criticise them, is foolhardy imo.

I’d move job for a sizeable increase in wage, we are all money grabbers.

Name Changed

weso26
So if we are all money grabbers, then why bother making that point ? You made it sound like the only reason he moved was for money, which is not very likely to be true.

In relation to players being loyal, I don't really understand it. Very few clubs are loyal to their players. Manchester United are one club who often unceremoniously turf out players they no longer deem wanted. Why would any player have loyalty for any club that ultimately won't have any loyalty towards him?

I don't blame Herrera for moving. If I wasn't a United fan, I would have done the same thing. Money wouldn't be the only factor however.

AFC NimbleThumb

So if we are all money grabbers, then why bother making that point ? You made it sound like the only reason he moved was for money, which is not very likely to be true.

In relation to players being loyal, I don't really understand it. Very few clubs are loyal to their players. Manchester United are one club who often unceremoniously turf out players they no longer deem wanted. Why would any player have loyalty for any club that ultimately won't have any loyalty towards him?

I don't blame Herrera for moving. If I wasn't a United fan, I would have done the same thing. Money wouldn't be the only factor however.
Firstly, this is the Sanchez thread; if you want to talk Herrera @ me in his thread. My original Herrera point is a mis-quoted paragraph from a 6/7 paragraph post about Sanchez.

But to reply, again I’m not sure what your argument is here.

I called Herrera a money grabber, I didn’t say this made him different from an average joe like myself or his colleagues. He’s left a club he made a romanticised video for, claiming multiple things about his love etc. for the club yet left a contract offer from said club to move to another for [reportedly] higher wages than what he was offered here [which is to be expected as PSG didn’t pay a fee].

I can’t argue about Herrera’s reasons for leaving, I don’t know the guy. What I do know is he was offered a contract by United at some point & still chose to leave for PSG. I’m sure every footballer would love to begin negations on their terms when they want but there’s no profession where this happens. [that said, re-read my post & I say we should have offered him terms earlier].

I’ve no problem with the bosman rule & am a believer that the players should be paid highly as they go out to perform, but Herrera isn’t a victim in said case. He’s left a [currently] mediocre club for more money in an easier league, most people would leave their employer for an easier job & more £.

Not sure why calling Herrera a money grabber has people angered.

I’m a little thrown off by your loyalty paragraph, re-read my post & you’re reiterating my point. You’ve asked “why would any player have loyalty. . . “ when I’ve said I don’t think they should.

You seem to want to debate my point regardless of what I’ve actually written so I’m sure you’ll find a way to disagree with the above but you seem to be backing up what I’ve written then asking me to argue against my own opinions.

tomaldinho1

Brozovic:drool::drool:. I would pay 100 mil for him. One of the best dmc in the world right now( yes, you read it right;))
Yh he's class - he's got the passing ability as well. Technically decent and has that edge to him I think we lack.

Lukaku just seems to rub people up the wrong way, you get a very measured facade when he's in front of camera but he's been involved in some atrocious incidents that we forget about like shh'ing Ashley Williams and disappearing to train at Anderlecht. Acts like he's CR7 and performs like he's Kevin Nolan.

meamth

I was off with my DDG assertion, as he’s signed. He’s not playing for free mind but he’s stayed so credit to the man.

On to Herrera. Let me start by saying I didn’t particularly rate him, I saw him put in some good performances & also be on the pitch for some of our worst during his tenure. Needless to say though, with no midfield reinforcements him leaving leaves a sizeable gap.

He moved to PSG where competition for midfield places is vast, he also ‘flirted’ with signing the contract eventually whilst the PSG link had been leaked from around new year. All this while releasing some nonsense video about his love & gratitude for the club who’s contract offer he rejected.

I don’t know exactly what contract he signed [none of us do] but it is reported to have been larger than the United offer.

I’m not quite sure what you’re wanting me to answer, he wasn’t offered a contract on his terms & [rightly so] put himself first & sought a huge offer on a bosman from PSG. He was though, offered a contract at some point which he was within his rights to reject in favour of a more attractive PSG offer.

I’m not going to argue facts but it was reported the offer was before ‘the end of his contract’ as you state. I highly doubt United waited until June 30 to book in a meeting.

I didn’t blame him for leaving either, he had some weird cult status where his time at the club is romanticised. He did ok here & left for what ended up being a more lucrative deal for himself which he has every right to do. Had his love for the club been so significant he would have stayed.

We are seeing with the Lindelof offer that the club look to have learnt a lesson with the Herrera issue, I too believe he should have been offered a contract earlier but he wasn’t & then negotiated a larger deal elsewhere.

Money grabber.

/breath

I agree with the last point entirely, to expect loyalty from people who don’t support the club but are employed by it; especially when fans will readily criticise them, is foolhardy imo.

Spot on mate, spot on.

Imagine we have to pay 250k per week for Herrera...:houllier:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Spot on mate, spot on.

Imagine we have to pay 250k per week for Herrera...:houllier:
Whilst I agree with the posters point. We pay 250k for Martial and I would argue Herrera was far more important

FujiVice

Goes to show how far we've fallen when you see a player who scored a goal and was sent off and think "we could do with that in our side."

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It baffled me in the summer, how brain-dead do you have to be to not give him a single chance more centrally (when you know he had his best season for Arsenal as a striker & you know your other options) before paying for him to play in that very position somewhere else? It's impressive really, how we get every decision wrong.

fps

It baffled me in the summer, how brain-dead do you have to be to not give him a single chance more centrally (when you know he had his best season for Arsenal as a striker & you know your other options) before paying for him to play in that very position somewhere else? It's impressive really, how we get every decision wrong.
This is true. Could use the player as a central striker right now.

Sterling Archer

I think I'm beyond baffled stage now. Into anger and acceptance , some combination therewith

wr8_utd

:'(
He wasn't great but definitely a better option than Lukaku for Inter due to the added fluidity with him playing instead of the donkey.

Sterling Archer

Did you not observe the low standard of his play when he played for us?
Having a shot hit his ass and go in today doesn't change anything.
He scored a poachers goal as well. But forget the performances. Im not upset that Sanchez is gone. It's not replacing him. Guess that wasn't clear from my comment. Givsn the option of keeping him here or sending him out with no replacement I'm astonished we chose the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.