Alexis Sanchez image 7

Alexis Sanchez Chile flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

He wasn't great but definitely a better option than Lukaku for Inter due to the added fluidity with him playing instead of the donkey.
Utter delusion. Who did Conte turn to when a man down and Sampdoria got a goal back? Lukaku did his job very well and Inter controlled the game from then on. They can both play together.

You can even see the man that occupies the LCB position get dragged out by Lukaku after Sensi also makes the dart towards the left, and then a midfielder, Gagliardini, capitalises with the run into the space. 3-1 and a crucial goal. It is not a coincidence that Inter midfielders are scoring with Lukaku on the pitch. Sensi will also eat all season. The understanding will only get better. Conte also deserves credit, he is doing a good job.

Also, Conte has Lukaku, Lautaro, Alexis and Politano. He is using all 4, maybe Ole can learn something.

Last edited:

edgar allan

He scored a poachers goal as well. But forget the performances. Im not upset that Sanchez is gone. It's not replacing him. Guess that wasn't clear from my comment. Givsn the option of keeping him here or sending him out with no replacement I'm astonished we chose the latter.
Hard to argue with that, it was total madness not replacing one or both of Sanchez & Lukaku

flappyjay

I mean why would we have any good luck. He was starting to look good for inter and then this.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Might as well change his name to Alexis Hargreaves.

I blame Arsenal for this. Carrying them for so many years has put too much mileage on his body.

maverickjesus

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
We're going to have an even bigger version this coming Summer of the problem we had last Summer.

No one will want to touch him. Christ.

Gerald G

He's been out for ages with an injury to be fair. I just want to see him play games because we need to sell in the summer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Forgot he existed. We could have used him as a backup to Martial or Rashford . Not that we are saving huge in Wages anyway.

KennyBurner

Arsenal really got revenge for silvestre. We have to return the favor down the line when they acquire someone decent.

soapythecat

I doubt we will see him in a United shirt again. Ole has been pretty ruthless with players he doesn’t want or have a attitude that doesn’t suit. Plus, given how much Sánchez gets for appearances and the like, I think his playing days for us are numbered.
My guess is we will pay off his contract, give him away or let him rot in the reserves. He’ll soon force a leave with a decent handshake from us.
Biggest flop transfer wise ever for us.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Forgot he existed. We could have used him as a backup to Martial or Rashford . Not that we are saving huge in Wages anyway.
He was less than useless for United. Busted flush.
Hes a player that United need to get rid of permanently and quickly.

Zen86

No one will touch him on the wages he is on, and I can’t imagine him taking a pay cut.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We are still leading them due to getting RVP and selling them Welbeck. It's 3-1 to us in my book. :D
In all honesty, we both lost in the Sanchez deal because Mkhitaryan was pretty shit for them as well.

MAME DIOUF 32

I find it hard to hate him because he worked hard but clearly doesn't have it any more. A bit like an older version of Falcao but one that we handed £80 million to.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
True. I cannot see the Glazers paying him out upfront a year of his contract on the huge money he is on, so he may return.
Been at the club two years now so maybe that would be the best thing to do. He's not needed at all.

UpWithRivers

I wrote this before. What annoys the sht out of me is he offers nothing off field. If he is done and cant get to full fitness then at least be a leader off field. Its the least he can do. Why not couch the youth team a bit. Be an ambassador for United. Sht go to the schools and sway a few scousers over to our side. Make the teas. Anything. From what I see he just turns up and goes home. Maybe Im wrong but I dont hear a voice. When we are such a young team crying out for leaders specially when getting battered every other game then he should be standing up. Face the media. Write a few columns in the papers. Attract some players. Something. Anything. Then I would have a little bit of respect for him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I wrote this before. What annoys the sht out of me is he offers nothing off field. If he is done and cant get to full fitness then at least be a leader off field. Its the least he can do. Why not couch the youth team a bit. Be an ambassador for United. Sht go to the schools and sway a few scousers over to our side. Make the teas. Anything. From what I see he just turns up and goes home. Maybe Im wrong but I dont hear a voice. When we are such a young team crying out for leaders specially when getting battered every other game then he should be standing up. Face the media. Write a few columns in the papers. Attract some players. Something. Anything. Then I would have a little bit of respect for him.
Well he's in Milan atm so bit difficult to fly back....

He has done lots for his hometown in Chile so I can think of more heartless well paid players than him.

KennyBurner

In all honesty, we both lost in the Sanchez deal because Mkhitaryan was pretty shit for them as well.
I think they won the trade even though mhkitaryan ended up a bust. Before the Sanchez deal happened I could have bet my mortgage that he wouldn’t be a bust and he even turned out worse. I honestly think the transfer might be the worst in our whole history considering His contract. And he is still our player because I don’t believe Inter are stupid enough to take him once the loan is done.

Josep Dowling

I find it hard to hate him because he worked hard but clearly doesn't have it any more. A bit like an older version of Falcao but one that we handed £80 million to.
Has he worked hard though? For me it’s the strangest drop in a player I’ve ever seen. On his debut against Yeovil he couldn’t pass the ball and hasn’t been able to play well since.

I absolutely loved him before he joined us as well. I thought he was the perfect signing for us, albeit he couldn’t play on the right, which is what we really needed at the time (still do!).

Personally I would try to use him next season if we can’t shift him but play him in the CF role to rotate with Martial. I can’t see Ole doing that though. Just seems a total waste not using him at all but then he should stop being greedy and accept the pay cut to move on.

stevozz

In the summer how many years does he have left on his contract? 2?
Yeah - until June 2022. Considering it will be nigh on impossible to shift him in the summer given his wages it would be nice to see him stay fit for 18 months and work hard to get some sort of form. His legs may be gone, but he's a skilled footballer (see fake rabona at the weekend) - could possibly play a small role next season for us.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Has he worked hard though? For me it’s the strangest drop in a player I’ve ever seen. On his debut against Yeovil he couldn’t pass the ball and hasn’t been able to play well since.

I absolutely loved him before he joined us as well. I thought he was the perfect signing for us, albeit he couldn’t play on the right, which is what we really needed at the time (still do!).

Personally I would try to use him next season if we can’t shift him but play him in the CF role to rotate with Martial. I can’t see Ole doing that though. Just seems a total waste not using him at all but then he should stop being greedy and accept the pay cut to move on.
Would you do this for the company you work for?

Josep Dowling

Would you do this for the company you work for?
I see comments like this all the time but he’s already a millionaire. I highly doubt £10m is really going to make that much difference to his life. It’s not like he won’t earn money by going somewhere else.

It’s vastly different from someone going from £30k to £100k a year.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I see comments like this all the time but he’s already a millionaire. I highly doubt £10m is really going to make that much difference to his life. It’s not like he won’t earn money by going somewhere else.

It’s vastly different from someone going from £30k to £100k a year.
10 mil is a big money for every person. And maybe he wants to buy dozen houses for his friends? Invest in something? Give it to charity? Buy golden dog?
My point is that he has right on that money and there is no reason to give it back to Glazers. Nobody forced us to sign that huge contract.

TrustInOle

With Rashford, Pogba and McTominay out, maybe we should recall Alexis and play him centrally behind Martial...
I have a very funny feeling this is what is going to happen. I hope not, cause I can't see his inclusion having a positive impact on the squad.

Would love to be proven wrong though, 3/4 years ago he was phenomenal and carried Arsenal post RVP.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Where are these rumours of "Rashford out for long term" coming from? In press conference Ole said that he is 50-50 for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.