Alexis Sanchez image 7

Alexis Sanchez Chile flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcow

We have a much better hand than the "get rid" crowd thinks.

Alexis looks refreshed after the Covid break, and has been their best player since the restart.

Inter and Conte are desperate to win the Europa and his current deal expires on Aug 8, and we are one of the teams left in that competition and have no incentive to extend loan by 3 weeks, and this is time critical for them.

He has about £38m left in wages on his contract, which at UK taxes is £21m net, or €23m net.

Inter want to give him a 3 year contract and Italian taxes for footballers is a lot lower.

If Alexis wants to go back there and is willing to take the same guaranteed money but spread over 3 years (not that big an if), Inter need to pay him €7.7m net which is €9.8m gross which is right in line with their best players.

His remaining book value for us is ~15m.

I think the deal will happen iff
1. Alexis takes the same money over 3 years instead of 2.
2. Inter pay his remaining book value to us as a fee
3. We give Alexis a small bonus like 2-3m.
Good post.....deserves a like!

I hope you are right. I never thought we would get anything for him but when you put it like that, who knows. Him out and sancho in and nothing else this summer would be fantastic.

mu4c_20le

Nah. I was being sarcastic for those.m that took that quote seriously that time
Ah fair enough. Ole sometimes does say dodgy things, but his media handling style is cut from the same cloth as SAF. He will always publicly back his players, no matter how deluded it sounds, but how he deals with them behind the scenes is a different story.

fps

The idea of losing Sanchez as our number 7 and giving the shirt to Sancho is like a beautiful dream. As long as Sancho doesn’t mean “of Sanchez”.

zenith

I don't think I've been this excited about a sale before

keithsingleton

Really sorry it never worked out for him with us. Remember when he signed I was so exited, I just don't know why he never fitted in with us.

I wish him well and hope he gets his career going again.

Red Stone

Masterclass from Ed to be able to flog him off for an actual fee considering his wages. Almost makes up for signing the fecker in the first place.

He'sRaldo

He'd probably perform in our current system as opposed to Mourinho's but in any case it's best to sell right now.

Thiagoal

With the 10 million ‘ish’ fee and 40 odd million saved in wages it’s effectively paying most of Sancho’s first instalment... happy days!

Last edited:

hungrywing

The wage thing is interesting....seems that for the first year Inter will pay Sanchez the full390k per week.
Maybe that was the big issue between Inter and Conte.
Imo Inter are doing big sacrifices to accommodate Conte s wishes. I remember him throwing a similar tantrum just before an agreement was reached over Lukaku.
If true it'd actually almost look like Sanchez has a level of spending he can't change for at least a year and hence requested that particular structure.

DuruttiColumn

Something doesn’t add up. He was supposedly on £20 million a year at United. No footballer on earth is taking a drop is wages like that.

kclord

May the goals flow like ketchup forevermore. Glad the wages are off the books.

jasT1981

Good luck to him, he is a great player and it just didn't work for us. He seems to be enjoying life in Italy and in good form towards the end of the season upon his return to Inter from injury.

Relieved to get £500k a week off the books though. It was always too much. But the agreement seems to work for both parties and I hope it works out for him.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Always wanted him from Udinese when Ronaldo left. Would've been ideal then.

Anyway, that leaves #7 free. Wonder if we'll sign someone for that shirt.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Definitely.

Didn't work out for us at all but hope he does well at Inter.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That's a huge saving on wages. Atleast we didn't pay part of his wages and finally got rid of him completely for good.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
With the 10 million ‘ish’ fee and 40 odd million saved in wages it’s effectively paying most of Sancho’s first instalment... happy days!
When you say 10 million 'ish', it sounds like that is give or take 10 million.

reddevilchennai

Atleast pay us 5m Inter. No way you can take a player from us for free. Don't you think that Inter is trying to take an advantage over us knowing we are desparate to sell him?

But getting rid of his wages from our books is a huge thing!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Glad to get rid of him & his obscene wages. Probably should've got something though if his form was good (£5-10m)

mu4c_20le

The fee will go to the remainder of his ridiculous contract with us

el3mel

Don't really care that much for the fee part. We are glad to find a buyer that really wants him anyway.

Again good luck for him there and let's just move on.

joedirt87

Something doesn’t add up. He was supposedly on £20 million a year at United. No footballer on earth is taking a drop is wages like that.
Maybe Inter giving him a nice signing fee with the money they are not spending on a transfer fee?

We will always have the piano video.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Was amazed that there was reports of us getting a fee earlier. Always presumed there would be no fee if they were taking on 100% of his wages.

fps

Always wanted him from Udinese when Ronaldo left. Would've been ideal then.

Anyway, that leaves #7 free. Wonder if we'll sign someone for that shirt.
Yes, he really was something back then. Like Rooney, he just kinda ran himself into the ground, I guess.

spiriticon

We really should stop giving players away for free.

What are we, a charity shop?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
450k+250k+ around 100k. Inter helped us to reduce our wage bill by around 800k per week.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Cue the “Manchester is shit. I couldn’t settle down there and the manager didn’t give me a chance” posts from him.

Godfather

Never liked his depressed fecking face when he was playing for us. His performances were even worse though.

Status
Not open for further replies.