Alexis Sanchez Chile flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Sign Sancho, Sell Sanchez!
What an amazing piece of work from Woody.
It's not confirmed yet. But my goodness gracious, whoever has whispered sweet nothings on Woody's ears since last summer window, is a legend.
The Club is back on the right track, and act like a big club.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
As mentioned by someone already, savings on wages alone is good enough. We made a terrible mistake and ended up paying 20m in salary and got very little loan fee for him.

Having him on books was disaster and really hinders our contract negotiation with other players. Letting him go to free 30m wages is fantastic deal for us.

Suedesi

As mentioned by someone already, savings on wages alone is good enough. We made a terrible mistake and ended up paying 20m in salary and got very little loan fee for him.

Having him on books was disaster and really hinders our contract negotiation with other players. Letting him go to free 30m wages is fantastic deal for us.
Really? Why did we get taken to the cleaners by De Gea then? Or agreed a 3 yr deal to Mata who's as fast as my old man post hip replacement. :lol:

Really? Why did we get taken to the cleaners by De Gea then? Or agreed a 3 yr deal to Mata who's as fast as my old man post hip replacement. :lol:
Wasn’t Mata a 2 year deal, now with 12 months left?

Sanchez and Lukuku are blots on the history of this club. Appalling transfers, and if we can get inter to take him off of us, it will be an absolute success.

Suedesi

Sanchez and Lukuku are blots on the history of this club. Appalling transfers, and if we can get inter to take him off of us, it will be an absolute success.
Could be 2 years, I tried to erase it from memory as soon as that deal was announced

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Something doesn’t add up. He was supposedly on £20 million a year at United. No footballer on earth is taking a drop is wages like that.
He will get the wages, that 7 million is a net wage, 20 million he was earning at ManUtd was gross wage.

He had 2 years left on contract, so at Inter they spread those wages over 3 years.

jesperjaap

Not blots on history, we have recently given a THREE year contract to Matic, we are still making the same errors with contracts

jesperjaap

Always wanted him from Udinese when Ronaldo left. Would've been ideal then.

Anyway, that leaves #7 free. Wonder if we'll sign someone for that shirt.
Yes me too or when he went to Arsenal rather than DiMaria as well.

Irrespective of the wages, there is no getting away from the fact, he was absolutely abysmal for us, not just past his peak for me, a mental or confidence thing as well, he was fantastic for Arsenal not long before, the drop was incredible.

Lets not forget for club and country, until he joined us, he was certainly one of the best wingers in world football for a considerable amount of time. Shame how awful he was for us as I had been a massive fan right back to his Udinese days

Not blots on history, we have recently given a THREE year contract to Matic, we are still making the same errors with contracts
I certainly wouldn’t have given a 3 year deal to Matic, but it’s a better deal than any contract we have to Lukuku and Sanchez.

jesperjaap

I certainly wouldn’t have given a 3 year deal to Matic, but it’s a better deal than any contract we have to Lukuku and Sanchez.
Well it didnt stop us selling Lukaku. My hunch is by the end of next season we will be looking at Matic as we do now with Mata, a year or two left on the contract and very little use as a player or as a transfer. A far cheaper two years of nothingness of course than SAnchez but Lukaku was always going to have takers, for me he was just a signing we never should have made in the first place

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

The worst thing is, his wage destroyed the wage structure of the Club. Since him, every contract renewal was megas because every player would just refer to what Sanchez got.

Good riddance.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I don't think De Gea is a disaster. I know the sentiment that he is past it but I think he will be our No 1 for another 2-3 year. He was actually our only world class player performing.

By hindrance, I didnt mean contract negotiation with other players but with funds being available this season. Our revenue wouldn't have gone up and getting players we don't need off the books is a great deal. Especially high paying ones who wouldn't play for us again.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Maybe the Club should make a clip of players playing piano for him.

lex talionis

The move for Sanchez, followed by wrecking Martial's soul, was really atrocious stuff by Mourinho. Sanchez had been brilliant for Arsenal for several years, but hadn't he turned to trash for quite some time before we brought him to Old Trafford?

Nori-

In terms of money spent over the last 3 years, Sanchez has to be our worst ever signing.

So glad he's gone and we are contributing zero to his new wages. A huge weight off the clubs shoulders.

It also paves the way for future contract negotiations to be more sensible and for Utd to gradually being the wage bill down.

The move for Sanchez, followed by wrecking Martial's soul, was really atrocious stuff by Mourinho. Sanchez had been brilliant for Arsenal for several years, but hadn't he turned to trash for quite some time before we brought him to Old Trafford?
He was dog shit for the last 6 months at Arsenal. At a few weeks at Inter, he’s been crap for 3 years now.

He was once a great player, but he fell off a
Cliff.

gormless

He always seemed to put in maximum effort on the pitch.
I haven’t really followed much about him, but assuming he wasn’t going out his way to be a dick, I don’t feel any hate or anything to him. Just a shame it never worked out.

Delano

To get £55million off the wage bill over the next two years is massive. It's a huge result for us.

Please don't do this again Ed, you've been let off the hook here by Conte loving our players for some reason. Remember this, and don't offer a player coming out his prime this much money again, I beg you.

SamVimes

To get £55million off the wage bill over the next two years is massive. It's a huge result for us.

Please don't do this again Ed, you've been let off the hook here by Conte loving our players for some reason. Remember this, and don't offer a player coming out his prime this much money again, I beg you.
This is why we need a Director of Football.

get no fee for a player with years left on his deal whos been doing really well just shows what a horrible deal we made in the first place. hopefully the club will have learned from this. great to get him off the books and reinvest.
The guy has barely been a footballer for 3 years bar the last month.

This is on par with the Lukuku deal. Both appalling buys, but I’d we get him off our books and it doesn’t cost anything it’s brilliant from our perspective.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The guy has barely been a footballer for 3 years bar the last month.

This is on par with the Lukuku deal. Both appalling buys, but I’d we get him off our books and it doesn’t cost anything it’s brilliant from our perspective.

i agree. we also need to stop paying average players so much and giving stupid deals to players in the fringes or who cant stay fit. im just happy he's gone now anyway. 50 fecking million off the books!

marktan

So what's the finances of the deal then?

Google says he earns around £400k to £500k per week, so that's £20m to £25m a year. So would cost us £40m to £50m to see out his contract.

Inter are signing him with no fee for 7m euros net a year, which before tax costs Inter around 13m euros a year. That works out to about 250k euros gross a week. So where does the almost 50% salary discrepancy come from?

There's no way Sanchez would agree to cutting his salary by half, so we must be paying a good chunk of money to him to end the contract? I mean there's a good £12m or so per year left on the table. Assuming Sanchez agreed to say a 25% salary cut, our cost for seeing out the contract would be £6m per year to let him go to Inter - £12m in total - not to bad compared to the £40 to £50m we'd pay elsewise.

For Inter it's a decent deal too - a pretty high salary at 12m euros a year, but no singing fee means his whole contract is around 35m euros over 3 years, which for a player of Sanchez's calibre isn't bad.

Last edited:

Red_toad

So what's the finances of the deal then?

Google says he earns around £400k to £500k per week, so that's £20m to £25m a year. So would cost us £40m to £50m to see out his contract.

Inter are signing him with no fee for 7m euros net a year, which before tax costs Inter arounnd 12m euros a year. That works out to about 250k euros gross a week. So where does the almost 50% salary discrepancy come from?

There's no way Sanchez would agree to cutting his salary by half, so we must be paying a good chunk of money to him to end the contract? I mean there's a good £12m or so per year left on the table. Assuming Sanchez agreed to say a 25% salary cut, our cost for seeing out the contract would be £6m per year to let him go to Inter - £12m in total - not to bad compared to the £40 to £50m we'd pay elsewise.

For Inter it's a decent deal too - a pretty high salary at 12m euros a year, but no singing fee means his whole contract is around 35m euros over 3 years, which for a player of Sanchez's calibre isn't bad.
As I understand it they're matching his wages for the first season, then spreading the rest out over 2 year as apposed to the 1 he'd be getting here. Plus tax rates are very different in Italy, so what he takes home, so more favourable for him.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Who gave him the wages in the first place? On top of the transfer fee we paid to Arsenal?
If you meant giving him insane wages was a dumb deal, nobody can argue with that. Your post read like letting him go with no compensation is a dumb deal.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Shame it didn’t work out for him. Really thought we’d signed an excellent player though it’s hindsight all the warning signs were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.