Alexis Sanchez / 1 year loan deal to Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Surely if we let him go free then his huge wages shouldn't be a problem for the new club?

He's come to symbolise a lot of the wider issues at the club, which is slightly unfair on him I suppose. Will br glad when he's gone.
I'd hope so. He's worth what 10-20 Million? (More if he had shown any kind of form)

So the buyer is essentially paying him 10 million a year so, in a way, they're getting him for nothing for a year or two.

Cloud7

Still Torres by far, at least there was reduced fee for Sanchez
That goal against Barcelona to secure passage to the CL final paid back his transfer fee. That one goal is worth more than Sanchez’ entire time at United.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Getting rid of Sanchez would be better for the club than any individual signing could be.
Said this to a mate a good start to our transfers is getting sanchez off the books, will stop players asking for a ridiculous amount of money.

OleGunnar20

He should reduce his wages and we should get a fee around 30 mill at least. or he should give us last years wages back. If not shove him in the reserves and let him rot for 3 years. Seriously talk about taking the piss.
Seems harsh to me. We offered the contract, he accepted - who are we to demand he go against his own interests now that things haven't worked out?

He always seems to put in the effort for me, he's just shot as a top-level footballer, nobodies fault really. I was over the moon when he signed!

By all accounts he seems to be a decent guy who doesn't necessarily put money ahead of football, I hope he does well at his next club. But yeah, his time here has to come to an end this summer.

edcunited1878

Said this to a mate a good start to our transfers is getting sanchez off the books, will stop players asking for a ridiculous amount of money.
Or the opposite happens like when clubs know you have a lot of cash due to a transfer...players/agents will see that there's more budget and ask to eat into that because of a player sale. Or it's allocated to another few players. Either way, no United player has the leverage to ask for more wages based on this season.

It's a poor atmosphere if you have agents and players pointing and bickering at specific players because they make more money than you. Stuff like that shouldn't be filtering into the dressing room, but it unfortunately does. However that should never get in the way of being a professional and having pride.

SaintMuppet

If the rest of the team put in the effort he did we might not be in this mess.

Shame it has not worked out.

Scholsey2004

God I hope ed doesn't mess around trying to get a fee. Put clubs off and we'll end up with him still here next season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If the rest of the team put in the effort he did we might not be in this mess.

Shame it has not worked out.
nah. Sanchez is / was used to having a team built around him.

At United, there are/were multiple people who can drive the team forward. He wasnt used to that and how the way it was set up.

padzilla

Hipster
There is no way he is going anywhere unless he takes a massive pay cut and the question is why would he?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
There is no way he is going anywhere unless he takes a massive pay cut and the question is why would he?
Depends on how much he likes playing football and maintaining an image. I'm pretty sure he knows he will get minimal playing time here and will just eventually fade into obscurity, so if he wants to avoid that he has to take a pay cut. I do still wonder though what the feck we were thinking giving him those insane wages in the first place

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Would be a victory if we can get his wages off our book, and it will help balance the wage structure to a massive extent.

But why would Juve want him? Could it just be his agent trying to create a market for him?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ed has to maximise his investment so naturally he will ask for a fee. We arent a charity.
We have to pay him 25m a year, there is still 2 years remaining in his contract, selling him for free will actually save us 50m, especially when he offers nothing on the pitch, it’s s great deal for us at this point.

rampo

Surely if we let him go free then his huge wages shouldn't be a problem for the new club?

He's come to symbolise a lot of the wider issues at the club, which is slightly unfair on him I suppose. Will br glad when he's gone.
That is not how it works. Every club has a wage structure in place (well, except for us, apparently). Sanchez's huge wages will disrupt most teams' wage structure. Clubs will be wary of that

GazTheLegend

If we can offload him, even for a free would be a massive sigh of relief for us. Would free up wages for two decent covers for RB and CB positions I reckon.
Also helps with the rest of the squad who no longer have a 400k a week player on the bench to compare their own wages with when they make demands!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We have to pay him 25m a year, there is still 2 years remaining in his contract, selling him for free will actually save us 50m, especially when he offers nothing on the pitch, it’s s great deal for us at this point.
It's amazing a package Ed offered him. To think he gets 1/3rd of Chevy annual revenue stream.

The Chevy Marketing VP got fired for what was considered a ludicrous deal he made with Ed.... Just sayin'

Relfy

Would be a great start to the summer to move Sanchez on. Shame as I was excited at the prospect of him playing for us, but he has stunk the place up since he came in barring the assists to Pogba away at citeh last year.

SaintMuppet

nah. Sanchez is / was used to having a team built around him.

At United, there are/were multiple people who can drive the team forward. He wasnt used to that and how the way it was set up.
I don’t see anybody having ‘driven the team’ the last season. This is exactly what has been missing

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looked a huge signing for us and it's just been such a disappointment for every one..incredible really.

Us waiving a fee is still a big deal, as we did swap a 30m player for him, and you wouldn't get a championship striker for less than 10-15m these days.

But unless inter or who ever can find huge wages there's no way he's taking a huge hit on a 3 year deal

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's 3 years isnt it?!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Pointless. Rather keep him than let him go to inter.
Strange.

This is terrific news. People complain about deadwood but then have issues with them being sold because it's not their least favourite deadwood.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Keeping him is the worst possible scenario for us. Insane wages and every contract renewal has been going shit.
Aye. Getting him away to anywhere in almost any circumstances this summer would suit us. Getting something back for him, like some kind of makeweight for a Dybala or a Canelo, would be a bonus.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Aye. Getting him away to anywhere in almost any circumstances this summer would suit us. Getting something back for him, like some kind of makeweight for a Dybala or a Canelo, would be a bonus.
Yeah, if we can use him to get someone like Dybala or Cancelo then it would be awesome for us.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah, if we can use him to get someone like Dybala or Cancelo then it would be awesome for us.
With the caveat that they actually want to come here of course. The days of getting names in from Europe who are obviously coming for the huge wages and nothing else needs to end. City and Liverpool have proven it is possible in the modern era to attract great players to the North West who are supremely well paid but crucially buy into the club.

roonster09

Scout
With the caveat that they actually want to come here of course. The days of getting names in from Europe who are obviously coming for the huge wages and nothing else needs to end. City and Liverpool have proven it is possible in the modern era to attract great players to the North West who are supremely well paid but crucially buy into the club.
Yeah, also paying huge agent fee helped Liverpool.

We need mix of things though, they are already paid good money, so we have to pay them even more and also sell them our plans in much better way.

meamth

According to his rumored contract, he is at least worth 43 million pounds for his remaining contract.

We already paid Sanchez for 2 years worth of salary which cost us 28 million pound. That is mental.

Inter needs to pay us 20 million pounds if we want to break even and cut the loss.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah, also paying huge agent fee helped Liverpool.

We need mix of things though, they are already paid good money, so we have to pay them even more and also sell them our plans in much better way.
Fully agree, I'm certainly not saying we don't have to splash the cash where necessary, as that's exactly what Liverpool did on two key players in terms of transfer fees, wages and as you say agent fees too.

roonster09

Scout
Fully agree, I'm certainly not saying we don't have to splash the cash where necessary, as that's exactly what Liverpool did on two key players in terms of transfer fees, wages and as you say agent fees too.
Agree with this. In short, we should be sensible in the transfer market. If the Sanchez news is true, at least we are in right direction. It's a start, hopefully more will follow.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Given how finished (not just shite) he has looked (factor in his last six months for Arsenal in that too), I'm surprised anyone half ambitious would be interested in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.