Alexis Sanchez / 1 year loan deal to Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyKills

Have to hope he does really well over there. It's a double edged sword though. If he does well then Ed might decide to bring him back.

These savings aren't going anywhere but the Glazers pockets. I wouldn't be surprised if they are plotting behind the scenes to get shot of Pogba too. These 3 gone with no replacements bought would be a great transfer window for the Glazers.
Wherever the money goes, you can't have a player sat in the dressing room earning more than everyone else without even playing. You're just going to keep having problems with players and their agents.

I dislike the Glazers as much as anyone but we can't keep wasting money on average or non-performing players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Bit weird there’s no option to buy, so we just leave ourselves short and end up having him back next season
Its good that there is no option to buy. That clause gives all the power to buying club. If Sanchez plays well then they will pay the fixed fee, if not they will send him back. At least now, if Sanchez plays well then we will have bigger market for him. If he doesn't play well then in any case he would be back to Manutd.

Its good that there is no option to buy. That clause gives all the power to buying club. If Sanchez plays well then they will pay the fixed fee, if not they will send him back. At least now, if Sanchez plays well then we will have bigger market for him. If he doesn't play well then in any case he would be back to Manutd.
Clearly an obligation to buy would have been our preferred option.

But you are right, an option to buy only suits the buying club and gives them the power. If he has a stinker, they aren’t going to buy him anyway, but if by some miracle he recaptured his form and tears up the league - he could be worth more than the option.

I’m torn, I think perhaps we will find ourselves short in attack - but then it’s only 4 months until the transfer window opens again, and if this is the first step in finally getting rid of him, it’s a risk worth taking.

roonster09

Scout
Clearly an obligation to buy would have been our preferred option.

But you are right, an option to buy only suits the buying club and gives them the power. If he has a stinker, they aren’t going to buy him anyway, but if by some miracle he recaptured his form and tears up the league - he could be worth more than the option.

I’m torn, I think perhaps we will find ourselves short in attack - but then it’s only 4 months until the transfer window opens again, and if this is the first step in finally getting rid of him, it’s a risk worth taking.
Yeah, obligation to buy would have been good deal for us. At least that or nothing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bit weird there’s no option to buy, so we just leave ourselves short and end up having him back next season
I doubt he'll ever play for the club again, if it all goes well for him in Milan I'm sure Inter will want to keep him and even if they dont maybe he'll have other suitors in the league

RkkMan

Have to hope he does really well over there. It's a double edged sword though. If he does well then Ed might decide to bring him back.

These savings aren't going anywhere but the Glazers pockets. I wouldn't be surprised if they are plotting behind the scenes to get shot of Pogba too. These 3 gone with no replacements bought would be a great transfer window for the Glazers.
Then The Glazers are foolish cause they'll be enjoying a short term cash saving exercise that will be meaningless once we finish outside the top 4 again and our sponsorships start to get REALLY affected

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
We are only going to play 1 up front it would seem so best to just get him out. Bit of luck they will keep him on next year.

I would have reinforced but I have a feeling Ole has either agreed to bring on as many youngsters this season or been forced into doing so by above.

See who makes it and how much they can save by doing so.

Last edited:

ExecutionerWasp001

Then The Glazers are foolish cause they'll be enjoying a short term cash saving exercise that will be meaningless once we finish outside the top 4 again and our sponsorships start to get REALLY affected
I don't think the Glazers care about the CL anymore. They can still bring in a decent return from EL especially if we are the biggest team in it. There may be revenue drops but if there are also drops in spending then it evens out.

Red00012

Maybe he or his wages were a negative influence in the dressing room. It’s a strange deal considering we have few options up top and we will still be paying some of his wages.

SilverPaper on the Breeze

I’m just glad that we’re culling. We aren’t going to be challenging for the title anytime soon, not with Klopp and Pep deep into their respective jobs.

I’ve said for a while that I think Ole might be good interim appointment for us; clear out all the dross, trim the wage bill and blood some youngsters. Would allow a new manager that follows him (Poch being the obvious candidate) a better base from which to build. Our squad has been bloated for years, in part due to chopping and changing managers/styles. That’ll take a season or two to fix. If we can shift Rojo and Darmian before the euro deadline, and one of Smalling, Jones or Bailly in Jan then we’ll look a lot leaner.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneStar

Because we're not paying as much of them as we would be otherwise. If he's not going to play anyway then its no surprise the club would rather save some money.

We aren't going to miss his contributions, but with no backup at all it's sure going to be interesting if Rashford and Martial need a rest or are injured.
Yeah the last part is what concerns me the most. We have no one to cover for Rashford or Martial if one of them are injured.

If we are paying most of the money, then we might as well keep him. We absolutely need to buy someone in January.

LoneStar

This is the question really. Just think how much of a cock you must be to get loaned out when the club is bereft of players in your position?

People are quick to judge the club here but all fingers should really be pointed at Alexis.

Plus side is we get to see more of the youth players and we'll know by the end of the season if they've got what it takes to make it here. Worse case scenario is they become good squad options in coming seasons.
Yeah if he's causing a ruckus, it would be solely on him. But he doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

I feel that young players should be integrated with the team gradually, when we are playing well. Putting all our hopes on them is not good for us and not fair to them.

Jericholyte2

100% this.
Pogba should be the highest earner in this team.
Players asking for bumper deals will no longer have Alexis as benchmark.
But they will because he's still on the books. Management can't say he's on the way out cause he'll be back next summer and we'll be in the exact same situation.

Without the obligation to buy the whole point of this deal is lost.

Gomes

Players asking for bumper deals will no longer have Alexis as benchmark.
Everyone and their dog knows that Sanchez contract was a mistake of which club obviously doesn't want to repeat.
Players can't use his deal as a benchmark and if they try they must immediately be told to feck off.
Absolute nonsense argument that for some reason appears on every page.

fergiesarmy1

Everyone and their dog knows that Sanchez contract was a mistake of which club obviously doesn't want to repeat.
Players can't use his deal as a benchmark and if they try they must immediately be told to feck off.
Agents are still going to ask us for stupid salaries regardless, they wouldn’t be doing their job properly if not but it’s down to the club to negotiate better which with that buffoon still in charge means we won’t get them or he crumbles. At this stage it’s only common sense to take him away from any future contract negotiations because he has a piss poor reputation now and they take to long in this business to fix.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Whilst it’s good to see some of the dead wood getting moved on it doesn’t make much sense if Martial is going to be injured and we’ve already got rid of Lukaku. Stating the obvious, you don’t win games without sticking the ball in the onion bag. I think this is going to become really apparent this season, I mean I really like both Rashford and Martial but they’re hardly what you would call prolific goal scorers.

Grande

I disagree, if we end up loaning Sancez away while paying most of his salary while The Football World laughs, if I were Matt Judge, I would just pin an Alexis poster on the wall of my office, and every time a negotiating player said the word ‘benchmark’ I would just nod towards the picture with no more words needing to be said.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Whilst it’s good to see some of the dead wood getting moved on it doesn’t make much sense if Martial is going to be injured and we’ve already got rid of Lukaku. Stating the obvious, you don’t win games without sticking the ball in the onion bag. I think this is going to become really apparent this season, I mean I really like both Rashford and Martial but they’re hardly what you would call prolific goal scorers.
He hardly ever stuck the ball in the onion bag for us before, so what's the chances of that changing now?

We aren't winning the league this year, so why not give the time to our future talent that might actually get the job done?

roonster09

Scout
He is in Milan now. Deal should be announced today.

RkkMan

I don't think the Glazers care about the CL anymore. They can still bring in a decent return from EL especially if we are the biggest team in it. There may be revenue drops but if there are also drops in spending then it evens out.
The revenue drops will be extreme massive though not marginal and sponsors over time will be reluctant to partner with a "Europa League club" so this cost saving exercise still makes no sense

El-Manos

This turned out to be such a disaster. We’ve had some shite luck with transfers recently.

OoopsMisclick

Well, let's pray for no injuries until january so we can actually sign an attacker...
Can't believe we have such a weak frontline :nervous:

TheHeya

My last 3 united shirts Sanchez, Di Maria and Pogba. This year? Solksjaer

Siorac

Based on the thread title, one might think they actually wanted to sign his agent.

Which would make sense, when you think about it. Someone who negotiated THAT salary must be fecking great at his job.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I cant imagine Sanchez and Lukaku spending their nights together now bitching about United :lol:

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Worst transfer for the club ever. What a bunch of clowns are leading our club

redpatron

i hope he tears it up at inter, just so we can turn around and sell him to juventus. Anything to feck those guys over.

Status
Not open for further replies.