Alexis Sanchez / 1 year loan deal to Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

Why do you think he'd come for less money when he'd be actually free, rather than a swap for Mkhy?

Giving him a "Nice" signing bonus, is surely no different to spreading it out as wages.
It is different because it doesn't fck up the wage structure. You know, DDG, Pogba etc can point at Sanchez and say why is he getting more than me week in week out?

wolvored

I stole this from Reddit but here's one for you 'we should keep him as back up' bunch:

Goals per 90 minutes in all competitions

Bebe: 0.54 goals per 90 minutes

Sanchez Sanchez: 0.16 goals per 90 minutes

Djemba-Djemba: 0.07 goals per 90 minutes

Goals per 90 minutes in the Champions League

Bebe: 3.1 goals per 90 minutes

Djemba-Djemba: 0.25 goals per 90 minutes

Sanchez Sanchez: 0 goals per 90 minutes (375 total minutes played)
So your saying Bebe got at least an hattrick in the champions league? When was that?

Guapa

Feck me,we are a joke of a club.Nothing will improve while the Glazers and their hench man Woodward are still here.PLEASE for a take over :smirk:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
People are actually moaning that we’re getting rid of him?! He’s completely finished. Absolutely terrible player that doesn’t need replacing because he never offered anything.

C'est Moi Cantona

People are actually moaning that we’re getting rid of him?! He’s completely finished. Absolutely terrible player that doesn’t need replacing because he never offered anything.
He was bought because he was going to be a key player for us, so he was deemed as a player we needed, now we're letting him leave with no replacement here already, and no chance of getting a viable one until next season, that is why people are moaning.

There is no benefit to this transfer now other than for the balance sheet.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
He was bought because he was going to be a key player for us, so he was deemed as a player we needed, now we're letting him leave with no replacement here already, and no chance of getting a viable one until next season, that is why people are moaning.

I disagree. Him leaving might improve atmosphere in the dressing room, training ground, ... 1mil £ per day player who scored, what, 5,6 goals in 18 months is not there anymore.

flappyjay

Bit weird there’s no option to buy, so we just leave ourselves short and end up having him back next season
The upside is if he does well there will be a market to sell him to

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Even saving 9m a year on his wages alone is enough of a positive to give this the green light. Add to that the chance they might take him permanently at the end of it? Happy days.

Brophs

The One and Only
I understand what people are frustrated about in terms of squad depth when he goes, but this is one of the rare occasions where I sort of get what the club are doing. His contract has become an albatross around the club's neck and, probably more importantly, his reputation and value are diminishing so rapidly that if they don't take the chance to move him on and, hopefully, extract some value from what has been a pretty disastrous transfer, then they might never be able to. All of that is premised on the idea that he has been assessed by the manager and staff as being not worth persevering with, all things considered. If they have come to the conclusion that they've seen very little to suggest they'll get a whole lot more from him then last season, then maybe it's worth taking a gamble.

However, given the nature of the deal and the fact there is no obligation to purchase, I suspect the club will be gun shy of buying a replacement in January for a player who might be back in June on astronomic wages. Which means that they'll likely end up stuck being a rock and a hard place and do the usual i.e. very little.

No Idea For Nickname

Even saving 9m a year on his wages alone is enough of a positive to give this the green light. Add to that the chance they might take him permanently at the end of it? Happy days.
And they offer two bags of chips for him?
I'm hoping he has fairly good season, then comes back, then China calls...:drool:

El Zoido

Absolutely. Cannot believe people are angry at the club for flushing this turd. :houllier: I’m happier about this than a new signing.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

If Ole wasn’t going to play him, which he blatantly wasn’t (if he’s happy to let him go on loan) then there’s literally no point him being here.

2 man midfield

Nah, Falcao was a risk-free cheap loan.
I wasn’t even talking about the financial side, just in football terms. But yeah when you take that into account, he’s our worst signing ever by a country mile.

Member 102134

He goes to play Champions League and fight for the title, and we paying him 60% of his salary. Woodword is so incompetent. What if Lukaku and Sanchez play at the top level in Italy, what will that say about Manchester United then? We are joke club now.

No Idea For Nickname

Yeah but I wasn’t. I was talking in terms of what they delivered on the pitch.
Aah, sorry, in that case, still Sanchez for me, wasn't expecting as much from Falcao as I did from Sanchez, nor I was screaming at TV when Falcao played as much as was when Alexis played. Maybe I just deleted Falcao from memory and Alexis is still fresh. I do remember that one assist from Falcao in one of his first games.

2 man midfield

Aah, sorry, in that case, still Sanchez for me, wasn't expecting as much from Falcao as I did from Sanchez, nor I was screaming at TV when Falcao played as much as was when Alexis played. Maybe I just deleted Falcao from memory and Alexis is still fresh. I do remember that one assist from Falcao in one of his first games.
I remember Falcao giving me very similar memories to Sanchez now. Just complete and utter toothless-ness. Sat there wondering how a once great player can have declined so badly that they just look totally devoid of any threat at all.

I was really excited when we signed Falcao though, so maybe the let down was greater when he didn’t deliver. I was hyped up that we were going to see probably the best striker in the world alongside what was supposed to be a re-energised Van Persie. Shame it never worked out.

Suedesi

My italian is bit rusty, is it saying if they get Darmian, then don Bepo (whoever he is) should get statue in front Old Trafford?
Yeah the tweet is a Juve fan mocking that Inter Magazine that has Alexis and Rom and a Dream Duo byline.

The Juve guy says if they get Darmian as well they will erect Marotta's (Inter DOF) statue outside Old Trafford.

AFC NimbleThumb

So our attack and midfield has the following 23 or under:
  • Rashford - 21
  • Martial - 23
  • James - 21
  • Greenwood - 17
  • Chong - 19
  • Gomes - 18
  • Pereira - 23
  • Mctominay - 22
Then Lingard, Pogba and Fred are 26, with Mata being 31. Find me a younger midfield and attacking group. We've played 3 games, with James, Martial and Rashford as our starting front 3 and the midfield has McTominay replacing Matic so far. That's literally the definition of giving the youth a chance.
You make some great points if this was a discussion of quantity, not quality.

United do not operate in a vacuum where the world isn’t littered with numerous youth talents; I’m no football scout but I would be amazed if there are not multiple players 23 or under [the maximum age you listed] that could improve our attack & midfield.

At no point do I say giving youth a chance is a bad thing. I like getting rid & giving players opportunities.

I just don’t buy that we are so focused on youth that our vast scouting system could only identify James & Longstaff as potential signings this summer.

My Mata point is being somewhat facetious but if we are so invested youth all of a sudden then redistribution of his wages etc. surely make sense. You don’t win anything with kids but Mata isn’t such a leader that you overpay him to stay imo.

I doubt I’d be able to find you a younger attack/midfield group with the same lofty ambitions as ours but I can damn sure find you multiple better ones of all ages.

The Glazers really have played a blinder when age suddenly comes before quality.

OgS deserves much better. He was saying we need a finisher heading into the Summer.
Playing youth doesn't mean you play only young players. Also it doesn't mean only academy players counts. James is also young player so is McT, Rashford, Martial.

Making any conclusion after 3 games is silly.
Not sure what you’re attempting to disagree with here.

I didn’t say we should play only youngsters.

I also don’t suggest youth only counts from the academy.

We have pushed a narrative that we are focusing on youth which the majority of the fanbase encourage & have rid ourselves of certain attackers whose roles didn’t justify their wages but then we’ve signed 1 youthful attacker & no one in midfield despite already being light in both departments.

I refuse to believe there were no ‘youngsters’ we could have purchased this summer that would improve the current squads quality & would improve with good coaching over time.

If having an opinion after 3 games is drawing a conclusion I guess we’re both guilty.

jackal&hyde

Getting rid of both Lukaku and Sanchez is very good by United. Are we weaker on paper, yes, but we are in a transition period and getting rid of expensive under performing players is one of the most important steps. Time for Greenwood, James, Gomes, Chong to step up; if not, next summer we buy young talented attackers to complement this summers defensive additions.

Siorac

Do you think Sanchez was free? No, we swapped Mkhitaryan for him, so he cost us ~ 30million in transfer fee + 35million in wages. A disaster of epic proportions.
I don't think he was free. But that has little to do with my post.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Is he gone yet? At least the hoping that someday he will come good will finally be over. Although, when things don't go our way some caftards definitely going to say he could have contributed.. *Cringe* But hey! the trade off is about 300k p/w that could be two to three new signings over the next two years. Onwards and upwards

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Before his departure Man Utd already has Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku, Valencia off the book. Now Sanchez is gone, Rojo and Darmain probably will leave before the end of transfer window too so Man Utd is doing a very good job trimming the squad and reduce the wage. You still have too many CB in the club though, and where are the replacement?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure what you’re attempting to disagree with here.

I didn’t say we should play only youngsters.

I also don’t suggest youth only counts from the academy.

We have pushed a narrative that we are focusing on youth which the majority of the fanbase encourage & have rid ourselves of certain attackers whose roles didn’t justify their wages but then we’ve signed 1 youthful attacker & no one in midfield despite already being light in both departments.

I refuse to believe there were no ‘youngsters’ we could have purchased this summer that would improve the current squads quality & would improve with good coaching over time.

If having an opinion after 3 games is drawing a conclusion I guess we’re both guilty.
I highlighted the point I was disagreeing with. "We’re also so youth focused that Mata has played more minutes than Gomes this season."

Season has just started so comparing minutes played by young players like Gomes is silly. What you said is true, we could have signed more young players but that doesn't mean "focusing on youth" was just a narrative set by the club.

We have signed AWB who is just 21.
Signed James who is 21
Replaced Matic with McTominay who is 22.
Replaced 26 year old Lukaku who didn't suit the way Ole wanted to play with Martial who is 23.
Made Rashford regular first team player instead of just playing him as a sub and end up playing around 50% of total mins. Again he is just 21

We have reduced the age in so many positions. We have promoted Greenwood to first team squad who is 17. Then Ole said likes of Gomes, Chong will get mins once we have 3 games in a week.

So we made young bench players as first team players. Young reserves into bench players.

How is that not focusing on the youth? We had youngster team in PL this season.

I agree with your point that we should have signed more players but that's completely unrelated to 'focusing on youth' part. Our fans are complaining that we are relying too much on young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.