Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trizy

To be fair why would he chose us over City? He signs for them now, probably for the same money we're offering but he's a guaranteed a PL medal.

Greater chance to win the CL too.

AndyJ1985

Why didn't we start putting in the ground work to sign him in the summer? We knew he'd be available. All this does is give City the satisfaction of gloating when we fail to sign him.

Peanut Butter

Why is it such a certainty that Sanchez is joining City? Not disagreeing with anyone, genuine question.

Kapardin

Not really having much hope since he would prefer to go to the Champions Elect, but If we sign him, I'll travel to Woody's London office and plant a big fat kiss on his mouth.:drool:

VanGaalEra

Yeah but its Di Marzio, apart from a tenuous mention of Fabinho rarely gets it wrong
Might as well knock one out :lol:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nited-alexis-sanchez-arsenal?CMP=share_btn_tw

Here's the big story.

United have offered 25m and are giving superior financial terms to Sanchez. Mourinho is confident of signing the player.

Arsenal is interested in Mkhitaryan.
They're all running with a similar story, could this have something to it? Like the Lukaku news breaking?

:keano: :keano: :keano:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
One thing I do know, is none of us at our desks have a fecking clue what’s really happening.

I’d expect Sanchez to go to City, but wouldn’t be totally shocked if he joined us because:

- I cannot say on good authority that ‘his heart is set on City, and he only wants to go there’. How would any of us know that?

- United have moved too late, City have already convinced him, as we have no idea if and when any contact has been made to his entourage.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
We’re the one club who would probably match City’s contract. I’d even say we’re far more suited to him stylistically and more likely to play him every game. If he’s worried about his brand/popularity then there’s no better club he could join.

Always thought it was a strange fit at City who have such a cohesive team-orientated unit. Couldn’t understand why we were never linked when we’re crying out for this type of talent up front. He seems a perfect Mourinho player

That said – I think he’s already a City player in everything but name. Also think Arsenal would be even more reluctant to sell to us. Maybe we have been in for him the whole time but Sanchez is just dead set on playing for Pep. Doubt there’s anything in is, not really bothered either way.

AgentP

He won't come to us but I'm atleast happy that we are in for him. We can't let City have a free ride especially with players like Sanchez.

Canagel

If we are offering Mkhi in exchange no doubt Arsenal will accept this. Wenger tried to get Sterling in exchange and City refused if you remember. Didn't see this one coming. Ultimately it will be Sanchez who decides where he wants to go. City are still favourites to sign him in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mihai92

Considering this is true, can he play RW? From what i see on transfermarkt, his main position is LW, which is already "overpopulated".

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So how would we line up with him?

Trizy

The only way he'll choose us over City is if he's a money hungry like most South American players.

I can't see City offering him massive wages as they do not really need him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We have a top manager too.
Yes, but he has already played under Guardiola plus the fact that it's a guaranteed PL medal must be an huge draw.

SirAF

Ageist
We do, but sadly not a guaranteed PL title. The only way I could see this happening is if United outbid City and offers Sanches a better financial package.

Sterling Archer

I hope Jose rings him up. Its going to need a personal touch to convince him. That and a bigger pay check

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I think he will improve us so much. Sometimes we only need that one talisman to get us going. Kind of getting Larson, Owen, Smith or the most obvious Cantona. That little spark via a cheeky transfer.

I would play him left, Rashford in the middle, but you can have Lukaku in the middle, Rashford on the right.

Martial will not be with us for a long time. Maybe end of next season. But we trade him for Sanchez.
Anything more illogical shit you want to pull out of the air?
Jesus christ.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's not choosing us.
The info is from Di Marzio which suggests an agent link.
Simply trying to get City to up terms.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
In the end sanchez chooses, he will chose city over us. I do think we would not have bid unless we have some knowledge of Sanchez wanting to come here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We do, but sadly not a guaranteed PL title. The only way I could see this happening is if United outbid City and offers Sanches a better financial package.
I do think we downplay ourselves. This is just one season, or half a season, in the rest of his career.

It’s not shocking if a player wants to join Manchester United ahead of Manchester City!

Status
Not open for further replies.