Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffBoomTetris

Why is this taking so long? What's the hold up?

To be honest, I don't know what I was thinking while naming it but I don't think I have done anything of note yet to ask for a username change...

Edit - Aryan is my name if you are wondering if I am being racist. Pretty common name over here.
Are you Persian or Indian? If that is your name, then it's up to you to keep it or discard it. If people are getting offended, then they are misunderstanding.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Pires reacts angrily to Keown’s Sanchez ‘mercenary’ talk

Robert Pires strongly disagrees with his ‘friend’ Martin Keown’s claim that Alexis Sanchez is “the biggest mercenary in football”.

The former Arsenal winger is baffled that the Gunners have allowed their greatest asset to run down his contract and move for a relative pittance.

The Chilean will earn a reported £500,000 a week at Manchester United, having turned down an approach from Manchester City.

“He is not a mercenary,” said Pires in La Tercera. “Martin is a friend of mine but I don’t think one can say that. If United want Sanchez and are ready to spend a lot of money, that’s good for him.”

Pires insists that Arsenal never had a problem with Sanchez’s attitude and even claims that he ideally wanted to stay at the club.

“In my opinion, Alexis wanted to stay at Arsenal.

“I haven’t spoken to him, but from what I see and feel he was doing very well in London, very well at Arsenal. What Alexis wanted was for Arsenal to spend money on players. That is my opinion and maybe I’m wrong.

“I know that if I have a player like Sanchez, the first thing I do is to renew his contract. Then I would buy players to make a better team and try to win the league.

“What I don’t understand is that a team like Arsenal allows their best men to sign for a rival side.

“I’ve been with the first team every day and I see how Alexis is.

“I honestly can say that his behaviour is very good. He is very professional, he always wants to win, even in training.

“It’s a way of telling the team: ‘If you don’t want to be like this, then I leave.’ I think this is all Alexis wanted to prove."

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
When did we buy Salas?! I never fecking knew this. CM god.

kotha

Haven't been online since morning and logging in just now.. That title change caused some confusion,luckily there was a threadmark to get right to it..

Now time to catch up the 60 odd pages since my last login!!

MiamiSpartan

Was this a work permit issue with Salas? Not that a deal was ever done and then scuppered by the work permit, but I kind of remember reading that we backed off because we didn't think we could get Salas a work permit. Or maybe that was just the speculation.

I forget exactly when in the mid-late 90s that the restrictions on work permits were eased for non-European players. It used to be pretty tough in the mid 90s if you hadn't played elsewhere in Europe.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Salas!
I was so desperate for that signing since I thought all South Americans to a man were world class footballers.
To Cyberboy, Salas was a cool and exotic name while Andy Cole was a peasant
Salas was class.Remember him making Sol Campbell look like a donkey at Wembley?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Alexis should've asked for a...*drum roll*...work kermit!

Keep throwing vegetables at me, folks - I'm starving.

MiamiSpartan

Announce Alexis?

Ok, a girl in my office named Alexis just announced that she's leaving to go to a big Fortune 500 company.

Seriously.

How's that for timing?

Martia11

You should ask for a username change before you do anything of note though. It’s a lot worse when people with lots of post change their username, it can be quite confusing. Start a convo with Damien and I’m sure he’ll sort it out :)
Why is this taking so long? What's the hold up?

Are you Persian or Indian? If that is your name, then it's up to you to keep it or discard it. If people are getting offended, then they are misunderstanding.
I am Indian. Thanks for your advice guys. I love my new username.

Anyway back to the topic, hope Alexis is announced in the next few hours. I don't usually post but had to post here atleast once before the lock. Happy Sanchezter Day! :devil:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Time to bury this "fact"-
"Swap deals never happen in real life, that stuff exists only in FM."
It's not a swap deal, remember?
According to Raiola, Sanchez is part of the payment for Mkhi!
So not swapping, but paying by giving us a player in return for Mkhi!
Yes... that's how i read what Raiola said.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Jugen thinks we're all fools and that we don't remember him selling players to rival clubs!

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It's not a swap deal, remember?
According to Raiola, Sanchez is part of the payment for Mkhi!
So not swapping, but paying by giving us a player in return for Mkhi!
Yes... that's how i read what Raiola said.
Ha Ha Ha!:lol:

L1nk

Keep em coming Klopp! :lol:

Not that i'm defending what Klopp sais, though to be fair, Bayern triggered Gotze's release clause so it was out of his hands, and Lewandowski ran down his contract and opted to sign a pre-contract with Bayern, again, out of his hands, I think what he's implying is that he would never sell directly to a rival as Arsenal have done with us in RVP and now Sanchez, and to be fair, Klopp hasn't sold any players to direct rivals. So he's correct in what he is saying

Status
Not open for further replies.