Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Keep em coming Klopp! :lol:

Lewandowski went for free after running his contract down and Gotze had a release fee clause in his contract. Not much any manager can do to stop that happening. I think what he means is that he would never sanction the transfer to a rival club, if taken out of his hands via a release clause or contract expiring then theres nothing he can do.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
First most jobs in liverpool ended up moving to manchester then some wise guy decided to put the closest work permit center in the region in liverpool

Jeez british humor is indeed tops

Last edited:

Sir A1ex

Not that i'm defending what Klopp sais, though to be fair, Bayern triggered Gotze's release clause so it was out of his hands, and Lewandowski ran down his contract and opted to sign a pre-contract with Bayern, again, out of his hands, I think what he's implying is that he would never sell directly to a rival as Arsenal have done with us in RVP and now Sanchez, and to be fair, Klopp hasn't sold any players to direct rivals. So he's correct in what he is saying
Eh? Sanchez was out of Wenger's hands, his contract was up. Best they could do was make sure they got some money / a replacement.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Not that i'm defending what Klopp sais, though to be fair, Bayern triggered Gotze's release clause so it was out of his hands, and Lewandowski ran down his contract and opted to sign a pre-contract with Bayern, again, out of his hands, I think what he's implying is that he would never sell directly to a rival as Arsenal have done with us in RVP and now Sanchez, and to be fair, Klopp hasn't sold any players to direct rivals. So he's correct in what he is saying
Klopp lover, anyone? :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Didn't realise that. Surely we need to leave it for a post signing discussion? Mods?
When he signs there'll be a new thread to discuss it.
Did @FCBarca just get given the City Lover tag or did he have it for a while? :lol:
Was given when the Scouse Lover banners were handed out.
If I'm not wrong, the longest threads are:
  1. Paul Pogba - 1091
  2. Arturo Vidal - 647
  3. Sanchez - 612*
  4. Ronaldo 2008 - 515
  5. Alexis Sanchez - 495
  6. Berbatov - 485
Amazing that the others were all long-drawn summer threads (how the feck the Vidal thread got to 647 with absolutely no information is a mystery). Surely this thread must be the fastest growing in history? It's just 14 days since it started! That's about 1,750 posts a day!
I like how you copied my post - claiming it as your own - but forgot to remove the 495 Sanchez.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

Just say what you really think, Jurgen. You're almost there...

"United. Great Transfer, great club. Alexis, the same, also. What a beautiful relationship. What a signing. I mean. Wow. Boom. Big signing. Haha... We're playing Swansea tonight, did you say?"

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Caf News said:
Arsene Wenger says that he cannot believe anyone would want to leave Arsenal: "I cannot believe anyone would want to leave Arsenal."

L1nk

Eh? Sanchez was out of Wenger's hands, his contract was up. Best they could do was make sure they got some money / a replacement.
Klopp lover, anyone? :lol:
He/They are choosing to sell us Sanchez now so that he doesn't go for free in the summer, which Klopp hasn't done, so he hasn't sold anyone to a direct rival, is what i'm saying.

I'm not sure how using a quick google search to look up a fact makes me a Klopp lover, he's Liverpool manager, on principal I cannot stand the guy and there's plenty to criticise him on, but he's not exactly lying is he?

TsuWave

arsenal isn't exactly selling to us out of the goodness of their heart, if you are going to cut klopp slack because lewandowski ran down his contract then you need to do the same with arsenal because that's what their players did and it was either sell and get something now or lose them for free in 6 months

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
He/They are choosing to sell us Sanchez now so that he doesn't go for free in the summer, which Klopp hasn't done, so he hasn't sold anyone to a direct rival, is what i'm saying.

I'm not sure how using a quick google search to look up a fact makes me a Klopp lover, he's Liverpool manager, on principal I cannot stand the guy and there's plenty to criticise him on, but he's not exactly lying is he?
He's trying to picture himself with everyone as the Saintly JK

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I am Indian. Thanks for your advice guys. I love my new username.

Anyway back to the topic, hope Alexis is announced in the next few hours. I don't usually post but had to post here atleast once before the lock. Happy Sanchezter Day! :devil:
Excellent choice of name.

Danillaco

At first, I assumed this was a style thing, demanded by the respective outlet, but I've seen it a few times now.

Is 'The Chilean forward' wrong?
I think both are correct, in the sense that he's Chilean, and plays for Chile.

But then, I'm Brazilian and know very little of the english language.

L1nk

arsenal isn't exactly selling to us out of the goodness of their heart, if you are going to cut klopp slack because lewandowski ran down his contract then you need to do the same with arsenal because that's what their players did and it was either sell and get something now or lose them for free in 6 months
I'm not cutting Klopp slack, i'm just saying he hasn't sold a player to a direct rival as he said, despite what a twitter post has said otherwise.

edgar allan

Can we please get this finished off. None of us are getting any younger, especially Sanchez. His best playing days will be behind him if we don't get this transfer completed.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I've left the gym within 30 mims of getting there thinking there will be an announcement at 6pm.

TsuWave

tbh this is dragging, and most people already know about the transfer, they should just announce it cause people might end up burnt out by the time they do

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Can we please get this finished off. None of us are getting any younger, especially Sanchez. His best playing days will be behind him if we don't get this transfer completed.
He has already booked in a testimonial.

EyeInTheSky

Sanchez ran down his contract too.

ChaddyP

Klopp didn't allow Lewandowski to go to Bayern. He
Made him play his last year of contract to which they signed him eventually on a free. With Gotze they paid his buy out clause and there was nothing legally he could have done about it, unlike Wenger who decided to sell at his own will

Kapardin

Really wish Jose would consider tapping up Emre Can to sign for us in the summer. Not only is he a good player available cheaply that we could do with, but it would be worth it to see Klopp gnash his teeth and their supporters go ballistic as though it was Figo himself moving.

TsuWave

I'm not cutting Klopp slack, i'm just saying he hasn't sold a player to a direct rival as he said, despite what a twitter post has said otherwise.
well, you quoted the tweet and the tweet said "leave" not "sell/sold", you then proceeded to argue that it was out of klopp's hands, i'm saying if that's the mitigating factor, one could form a substantial argument in arsene's/arsenal's favor on a similar basis

L1nk

Sanchez ran down his contract too.
Right, but apparently people aren't grasping the concept that Klopp made Lewandowski play his last year instead of selling him, at which point it was up to Lewandowski who he wanted to play for, not Klopp. Arsenal have taken the choice to sell him to us right now, yes Arsenal have got the better deal out of it than Dortmund did but the point remains the same that he hasn't sold any players to rival clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.