Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Don’t believe it. I am sure someone has told Di Marzio’s people this is on. However, I suspect it’s agents using United’s name to get City to bid the monies Arsenal want to release Sanchez before his contract expires.

leontas

So first we hijack Lukaku to Chelsea and now Alexis to City? I'm all for it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There's no way he's coming to us over City. Not a chance.

Imagine he'll be confirmed as a City player this afternoon/tomorrow.

AndyJ1985

In the end sanchez chooses, he will chose city over us. I do think we would not have bid unless we have some knowledge of Sanchez wanting to come here.
Not necessarily. It may be nothing more than us chancing our luck and seeing what happens.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Well this has certainly spiced up a boring January transfer window. Now waiting for Simon Stone to rubbish the story.

United Pro

Considering this is true, can he play RW? From what i see on transfermarkt, his main position is LW, which is already "overpopulated".
He used to play predominantly as a RW at both Barcelona and Udinese. He also played there a fair bit in his first season at Arsenal.

champp1nho

I really hope so, but tbh why would Alexis choose Utd over City at the moment? Can't see it happening. Would we even pay higher wages than City, doubt that..

ash_86

Good deal for us if we exchange mkhi. Am I the only one who think mkhi's play would be way suited for Arsenal?

Kapardin

Don’t believe it. I am sure someone has told Di Marzio’s people this is on. However, I suspect it’s agents using United’s name to get City to bid the monies Arsenal want to release Sanchez before his contract expires.
The details are very precise though. 25 million, more wages, Mkhi offered as well -- do you think Sanchez's agents or Arsenal themselves would leak such false data?

We have made our move. Late as usual, but not without style. 80% chance Sanchez goes to City, but we have tried atleast.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I seriously don't think we've bid for Sanchez - otherwise surely we would've done so in the summer also when the Perisic deal died?

Think Arsenal are trying to force City's hand.

Castia

Not really. I doubt many people will be getting too far off the ground with this one. We all know where he'll end up

Probably I’d say it’s 90% for city but I wonder if Jose has some info to bid at this late stage, I can’t see him putting in a bid if it was a sure move to City.

cyberman

Why would we risk the embarrassment of this unless Sanchez has given us the go ahead?
Providing its true of course.

SirAF

Ageist
I do think we downplay ourselves. This is just one season, or half a season, in the rest of his career.

It’s not shocking if a player wants to join Manchester United ahead of Manchester City!
I agree, we are just bracing ourselves for another muppet heartbreak :lol:

AshRK

if Sanchez wants to be the GUY then he can join us and achieve more but if he wants to just be another guy and be in shadows of other players then city is his place. RVP chose us and decided to be the GUY. Maybe RVP can just give a call to Sanchez and give him a piece of advice.

Silas

I can see Arsenal accepting this. I'm not sure if Sanchez would prefer us over City, but if City don't up their bid (they probably will), I reckon he'd rather join us now than wait for them until summer, missing out on the PL medal that people think will affect his judgement anyway.
Martial-Lukaku-Sanchez
Pogba-Matic-Herrera

Inter-changing front 3. Each can play as ST or wide men.
:drool:

Peanut Butter

Just chill lads and ladies. If he joins, great. If he doesn't, let's not go all Bluemoon and lose our heads.

Member 39557

Can't see it happening, but there's that little nagging in the back of my mind that reminds me about Lukaku being nailed on for Chelsea, and Willian's Tottenham medical.

izec

Even if true, Wenger is not going to accept, with or without Mkhi. He is taking it personal. Maybe Jose can try for a Chelsea player, Willian, next :D

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I reckon we can definitely beat City’s terms, given any move would likely be an alternative to the likes of Griezmann, and it will still be filling the same gap for considerably cheaper. No way Arsenal sell him for £90m.

Would rather Dybala of course.

And yes, I know, ‘why not sign both?’.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Atleast people won't complain that we are going into mid table mediocrity because we aren't trying to get Sanchez.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Still peeved we didn't go for him in 2014.

Jacko21

Don't see Mkhi being part of any deal - United will want him sent abroad if they are to sell him.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Don't see why he would choose us over City, unless we're offering £100k more per week than they are.

Not gonna be too sad if/when we miss out on him as he's almost 30.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Any moment ManUtd will brief the press saying we are not interested in Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.