Alexis Sanchez - Inter watch

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seen some Inter fans already questioning Lukakus touch and ability on the ball.

Interested to see how Sanchez gets on. I think he'll do much better playing centrally, but I still don't understand why Inter wanted him.
Pissed about with Dzeko and got burned when he got tired of waiting on them and extended with Roma. As this happened well into August, they desperately needed a fourth striker and there weren't many other options

Walters_19_MuFc

Think he'll do well in Inter's 352. I can imagine he will play the second striker role, just off Lukaku. To be fair to him, that's the role he looked quite good for us but very rarely played there for us.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Does Pirlo count?
Yeah possibly, could be a good shout. I don't know enough about his situation though, was it a case where his performances had actually dipped that much or was he just not fancied by Allegri at Milan?

Pirlo plays LW?
I didn't actually mean position on the football pitch, I meant it as in the position of being a player whose career has took a steep decline. I should have worded it differently to avoid that confusion.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pirlo's career never took a steep decline. He declined along with that milan side as a combination of age and lack of motivation took over the whole team, but he was still good. When he played for Italy he was still his usual old self

Sterling Archer

First appearance for him today. He looked trim, I don't know if it's the black and blue or what.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How did he play? Hopefully over the course of this season, he plays well enough for them to keep him full-time next season.
Short cameo and should have scored an open net.

Adcuth

Hasn't started a game yet has he? Didnt get subbed on last night when they were losing. What does that tell you Alexis?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
In a way it's funny that I am more looking forward to watching Sanchez now that he is at Inter and not us.

He is still our player, so unlike Lukaku, I actually hope he does well over in Italy and manages to revive his career.

I'm not holding my breath with that, but you never know...

dev1l

Yeah. Maybe not a Conte signing?
Don't think so. If signings depended on the club management they wouldn't have spent so much on Lukaku. Even the fans initially thought he s overpriced.

dev1l

Been said by 2 coaches here and now another in Italy

And people still wanted him around?
It could be that physically he s done. He s certainly a high mileage player and the wear and tear is taking its toll.
Most pros won't admit it (a case in point Keane) and so issues with managers start propping up.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It could be that physically he s done. He s certainly a high mileage player and the wear and tear is taking its toll.
Most pros won't admit it (a case in point Keane) and so issues with managers start propping up.
That’s a great assessment

arthurka

Yeah, strange that he doesn´t listen to Conte. He took Mourinho´s words as gospel.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think the hunger for the game has just gone.

He was already past it, but when you have no genuine desire to play football anymore, you can't do it any level, really.

poleglass red

Surely MLS or China has to be his next port of call. Can't Becks take him to his Miami franchise

Lee565

We are short of attackers and still paying about 75% of his wages, he isn't getting game time in Italy whilst they pay about 100k of his wages per week, what is either team gaining from this loan?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We are short of attackers and still paying about 75% of his wages, he isn't getting game time in Italy whilst they pay about 100k of his wages per week, what is either team gaining from this loan?
Well we certainly wouldn't gain from him being here given how he's performed for us.

Amerifan

What are the terms of the loan? Can Conte get so frustrated he sends him back early?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's an odd one of what to hope for here isn't it.

Does poorly/doesn't play - we'll all give it similar to the posts above.
Does well - then we've suddenly gaffed binning him there.

No win really is there.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We're not paying 75% of his wages. That's what was originally reported and is probably what Inter offered first up, but by the end of the saga it was generally reported that we were only paying around 40% with Inter paying the rest.

Can7onA

I don't give a shit what Inter get out of it, I'm just glad he's not in our dressing room.

Bojan11

Think the hunger for the game has just gone.

He was already past it, but when you have no genuine desire to play football anymore, you can't do it any level, really.
I don’t think it’s hunger. You can see he tries. It’s just the Rooney situation repeating itself.

I just think not having a break all those years ago slowly killed his body. He wasn’t just not having a break, but he was playing pretty much all the time too. 166 games in 3 and half seasons for Arsenal is insane. Then add all the games with Chile and you can see he’s having the same issues Rooney was having. He relied a lot on his pace and that seems to be going.

MAME DIOUF 32

We're saving £5 million.