Alexis Sanchez - Inter watch

MadMike

He can still be a potent attacker shown by his last games for Inter.
Granted we should aim higher and better. Not sure we are though.

We replaced Lukaku and Sanches with Daniel James only.

I understand the clubs wanting to reduce wages so the Glaziers can eat our money up.
Although me as a fan want us spending rather than saving to be honest.
The wage bill has gone up every year though. We have a higher wage bill than all EPL teams bar City. For however much they are milking out of he club, they are still putting a huge portion of the revenue into the squad.

You can't have a player on 350k being a squad player with only the occasional decent game in between months of absences. It causes frictions in the squad (among other things) because employees, being rational humans, compare their salaries to the others and moan when they find others being paid more for doing less. I'd rather we use that 350k money to bring in Sancho at 200k and give Pogba a new contract with 150k payrise, than keep Sanchez who does less than Dan James.

Mark Pawelek

The wage bill has gone up every year though. We have a higher wage bill than all EPL teams bar City. For however much they are milking out of he club, they are still putting a huge portion of the revenue into the squad.

You can't have a player on 350k being a squad player with only the occasional decent game in between months of absences. It causes frictions in the squad (among other things) because employees, being rational humans, compare their salaries to the others and moan when they find others being paid more for doing less. I'd rather we use that 350k money to bring in Sancho at 200k and give Pogba a new contract with 150k payrise, than keep Sanchez who does less than Dan James.
What has Pogba done to deserve a £150k/week pay rise?

You make a good point then you spoil it with that!

MadMike

What has Pogba done to deserve a £150k/week pay rise?

You make a good point then you spoil it with that!
Apart from the fact that he’s clearly one of our most (if not the most) influential players when he plays and the team is visibly better with him than without him you mean? Besides, you don’t always have to do something in particular to deserve a pay rise. Sometimes the salaries and market rates simply increase over time and Pogba’s contract, being 4 years old now, is below what the market would pay for a player of his calibre and influence. Hence, I think, his agent is acting up again.

I reckon with a couple of key additions in the summer, to show our ambition, and a good contract offer... he would sign on the dotted lines and United would be better for it. People want us to replace him with Grealish who, despite being a good player, ain’t fit to lace Pogba’s boots.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Apart from the fact that he’s clearly one of our most (if not the most) influential players when he plays and the team is visibly better with him than without him you mean? Besides, you don’t always have to do something in particular to deserve a pay rise. Sometimes the salaries and market rates simply increase over time and Pogba’s contract, being 4 years old now, is below what the market would pay for a player of his calibre and influence. Hence, I think, his agent is acting up again.

I reckon with a couple of key additions in the summer, to show our ambition, and a good contract offer... he would sign on the dotted lines and United would be better for it. People want us to replace him with Grealish who, despite being a good player, ain’t fit to lace Pogba’s boots.
Lacing his boots? He might even get to put on a pair before the season ends.

Our team needs to be the sum of their parts. If we can get good to international class players who are willing to play and put in the shift, a superstar player will emerge. Bruno is currently showing that worth

Mark Pawelek

If it's about the market, who is in for Pogba? Real cooled their interest. We're almost certainly not interested in Juventus' horse trading and player exchange deals. Who'll give us the £100 million+ we want for Pogba? No one will. Pogba's wages are already high at £300 k/week. Who do you think will pay him more than that? How much more than that will they pay him?

I prefer him to go and take his circus conducting agent elsewhere with him.

MadMike

Our team needs to be the sum of their parts. If we can get good to international class players who are willing to play and put in the shift, a superstar player will emerge. Bruno is currently showing that worth
Aw shit, a player got injured better sell him quick and get someone half the player he is.

I have no idea why you think the team can’t be greater than the sum of its parts with Pogba in it. I think a lot of you confuse him with someone who is shit and past it, like Sanchez. Despite failing to live up to our extremely high level of expectations, Pogba was still our most influential player.He ain’t a pauper.

If it's about the market, who is in for Pogba? Real cooled their interest. We're almost certainly not interested in Juventus' horse trading and player exchange deals. Who'll give us the £100 million+ we want for Pogba? No one will. Pogba's wages are already high at £300 k/week. Who do you think will pay him more than that? How much more than that will they pay him?

I prefer him to go and take his circus conducting agent elsewhere with him.
Jesus Christ. Of course teams cooled their interest on a player who’s been injured for 6 months. You think when he gets fit and playing again teams won’t become interested in him again? Really?

As far as I know, he is on £15m a year (probably including bonuses too) which puts him on less than both Sanchez and De Gea atm. And many new signings across Europe (like De Jong) are on that and more.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
8 appearance and 1 goal.

Great summer business by United.
It's a shame he couldn't turn it on for Inter, prompting them to sign him on a permanent deal this summer.

The last thing our team needs is the return of Sanchez after making so much progress in his absence.

USREDEVIL

It's a shame he couldn't turn it on for Inter, prompting them to sign him on a permanent deal this summer.

The last thing our team needs is the return of Sanchez after making so much progress in his absence.
Hopefully another loan deal although the terms might even be worse for us.

Mark Pawelek

Aw shit, a player got injured better sell him quick and get someone half the player he is.

I have no idea why you think the team can’t be greater than the sum of its parts with Pogba in it. I think a lot of you confuse him with someone who is shit and past it, like Sanchez. Despite failing to live up to our extremely high level of expectations, Pogba was still our most influential player.He ain’t a pauper.

Jesus Christ. Of course teams cooled their interest on a player who’s been injured for 6 months. You think when he gets fit and playing again teams won’t become interested in him again? Really?

As far as I know, he is on £15m a year (probably including bonuses too) which puts him on less than both Sanchez and De Gea atm. And many new signings across Europe (like De Jong) are on that and more.
We'd all be happy to see Sanchez go. I'd also sell De Gea if the opportunity arises and play Henderson. I'm more interested in seeing team spirit at United than a Superstar hissy fits, or the same from their agents.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

I don't think a comparison with Pogba and Sanchez is appropriate on any legitimate level but they are both world class players underperforming. Not to the same extent of course but with these types of signing you'll always get the feeling excuses are lined up for why they aren't doing well and taking all the credit when the team is doing well. I'll rather watch a team filled with quality young players, leaders and team players that can evolve and as you say new superstars will emerge from that platform.

We just have to take a loss on Sanchez and get him off the wage bill no matter where.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't think a comparison with Pogba and Sanchez is appropriate on any legitimate level but they are both world class players underperforming. Not to the same extent of course but with these types of signing you'll always get the feeling excuses are lined up for why they aren't doing well and taking all the credit when the team is doing well. I'll rather watch a team filled with quality young players, leaders and team players that can evolve and as you say new superstars will emerge from that platform.

We just have to take a loss on Sanchez and get him off the wage bill no matter where.
We should see if Shanghai will take Sanchez in a straight swap for Ighalo.

Inigo Montoya

I’m confusing him with a player who gives a feck about Utd. Hope Im wrong

Inigo Montoya

You’re not a world class player if you’re underperforming, you’re a fraud!

Sanchez is a fraud. Pogba is world class but he doesn’t want Utd.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
You’re not a world class player if you’re underperforming, you’re a fraud!

Sanchez is a fraud. Pogba is world class but he doesn’t want Utd.
Sanchez was world class though, and Pogba is underperforming. Different reasons for it but still. Sanchez legs are gone, he is kinda old too he is not a fraud :lol:
We should see if Shanghai will take Sanchez in a straight swap for Ighalo.
Hey, there you go! Just perfect.

Bojan11

Seems like they want him swapped for Dzeko. Maybe the training at Inter wasn’t good too?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Funny that, many blamed united for not utilising him correctly - it was always clear he was a busted flush over night. Shame we didn't realise it though before handing him a huge contract.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Crazy how he declined so fast, declined more rapidly than Rooney. Are there many footballers in history that declined faster than Alexis Sanchez?

mu4c_20le

The signs were there on his last season, Arsenal knew. That's why I have zero sympathy for their own busts like Pepe and Willian.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
See they're trying to offload him to Roma. His physique and his style of play was never a good recipe in the longterm. Completely lost his explosiveness by the time he joined United.

Zen86

I still find it inexplicable as to why Inter took him in the first place, unless Woody made a pact with the devil.

mu4c_20le

Injuries at the tail end of his career done him though. I don't think he dropped off as drastically as Sanchez has.
Neville was approaching the end and suffered a couple of bad injuries before he really dropped off, didn't he?
You know what, I don't even remember anymore, just the part where he walked away midseason. I definitely don't remember a prolonged decline like, say, his Ecuadorian successor.

Oranges038

You know what, I don't even remember anymore, just the part where he walked away midseason. I definitely don't remember a prolonged decline like, say, his Ecuadorian successor.
He didn't really, he finished 2010 season quite strongly and played very well for a good bit of the run in. Picked up an injury the first half of 10/11 which pretty much took away the fitness and game time he's built up. I think it was a game against Stoke, you could see he was physically done and should have been sent off. Played against West Brom shortly after, he actually said he knew after 20 minutes of the game, that was it, he was done.

Sanchez: “After the first training session at Inter, I got home and I told my family and my agent 'can you rip up the loan contract and then shred it for the sake of GDPR, and then I can go back to the Valhalla of Manchester United?'.
They laughed, but I told them there's something that doesn't sit right, it doesn't seem good, and also to stop laughing at me.”

Sylar

Those consecutive Copa Americas in 2015 and 2016 did him in.
I agree with this. It seemed he had no rest at all for about 3-4 years and was just running. When we signed him in Jan, that season for Arsenal he wasnt exactly lighting it up.

Most of us were hoping it was just because he wanted away, but looks like Jose / Ed / whoever didnt do their homework.

His piano performance was top notch though.