Alexis Sanchez - Inter Watch

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
A lot of people having a go at him here.

Can you imagine signing for a club like United, having your dreams come true to sign for the biggest club in the world and... Mourinho is your manager? It must be heartbreaking.

Tarrou

Read this thread before passing judgement. It doesn't sound anywhere near as bad when the whole transcript of his 6 minute video is read.

Yeah you are right, it's actually not that bad when you read the full quotes.

I was a bit harsh on him in the other thread when I didn't have the full context. Time to move on and wish him all the best.

We were a toxic mess at that time and all the more testament to Ole for turning that around.

freeurmind

weak willed
Nothing wrong with what he said. He's very honest about things that weren't right with the club and his own failings.
He came at the wrong time for us. We needed to fix the spine of the team and Alexis at this point in his career feels like a cherry on the top kindof player. Wish him the best at Inter, will be hoping him, Rom and Ash do well next season against everyone but us.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
The full quotes doesn't make it sound that bad but I also want players like Alexis and Lukaku to take more responsibility, try to bring team together rather than going into mentality of "when will I get out of here" from very first day. You are bought for big fee/wages and you too have responsibility of giving everything you have to make team better, not just on field. As far as journalists are concerned, they will always write shit when they get chance. Alexis, someone who has played at clubs like Barca with big expectations should know that.
Of course Mourinho too has to take blame for making things toxic in first place.

Anyway, glad that Ole decided to work on the culture issue first and foremost.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
What a terrible excuse, not together as a team. There have been way more dysfunctional teams which have been way more successful. Imagine if Griezmann started saying that about Barca or Hazard started saying that about Real Madrid. Top players are brought in to provide leadership, experience and to bring the team together - top players lead by example. It's easy to blame Mourinho for everything and he's definitely not made it easier for them, but Sanchez really should have stepped up instead of giving up and looking for a way out.

I'm glad we're seemingly more concerned about player mentality right now, because we've had some burnt fingers with ADM, Memphis, Lukaku and now Sanchez. Good riddance by Ole, Sanchez clearly couldn't deal with the pressure and was happy cashing in cheques for a year. He's now gone into the Lukaku mode of revisionism to protect himself, and I don't buy it. You had your chances, and your blew them all spectacularly.

murali_red

A lot of people having a go at him here.

Can you imagine signing for a club like United, having your dreams come true to sign for the biggest club in the world and... Mourinho is your manager? It must be heartbreaking.
Don't blame everything on Mourinho, he thought he is prima dona and everything will fall in place by running as a senior player and star signing he is expected a lot more than sulking on the environment.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sanchez interview makes it obvious what a toxic guy Jose was.

flappyjay

Damn I hope we get these cnuts in the ucl group. Would really love for us to smash them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So he was useless because of the environment, what will his excuse be when he flops at inter?
He can be worst ever player at Inter, doesn't change what happened at United when he signed. It wasn't some secret either, many journalists reported it.

Mercurial

He hasn’t even had a great career. A good one, but not great. His goalscoring record hasn’t been great at any club bar Arsenal, and he’s won nothing bar a La Liga title and 2 FA Cups.
Funny he used to think himself one step behind Messi and discriminated against for not being regarded as such. This guy fell off a cliff hard and fast.

Skeezix

So he was useless because of the environment, what will his excuse be when he flops at inter?
yep, from the full interview it seems like the atmosphere was already very hostile due to Jose.
But also saying he wanted to tear up the contract on the day or 2nd day itself doesn't do him or his image any favours.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He found peace by staring a movie, while treating his "injury".

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If you actually read what he said then there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it. It clearly hurt him how it all turned out and the stuff about how no matter what happened in a game or how long/well he played if United lost he was blamed is bang on. Eerily similar to what it was like with Pogba before Bruno. He hasn’t blamed the atmosphere for him failing, he’s said it was still his fault ultimately. What this does show is how utterly toxic Mourinho’s United was from January until he left. And he got a new contract in this time. It absolutely beggars belief what the club were up to in doing that.

Lemansky

This make me appreciate Ole and his work even more. He might not be the greatest manager in the world. But the work he and the club are doing now will bear fruits in years to come.

A young, hungry, talented group of players with the right mentality to play for the club.

flappyjay

Here is a lesson to those people always clamoring for the older experienced "winners", some of them are not these tough leaders you think them to be. From Lukaku and now Sanchez it looks like "soft weak minded" players like Martial and Shaw have more mental strength than them 2.

diarm

The extra context reminds us all once more, as if we needed it, to read beyond the headlines of the gutter "journalism" forced upon us these days.

Even still, it smacks of a lack of personal responsibility shown by a man making ludicrous amounts of money. At the end of the day, the guy was a big fish at Udinese before flopping at Barcelona, then a big fish at Arsenal before failing at United. Some men just weren't meant for the big time.

TsuWave

I know we sound a little like delusional, arrogant spoilt brats saying this but I genuinely think (as others have said before) there’s a different pressure playing for United compared to any other team in the world that a lot of players cannot handle.
You're right in that we do sound silly saying that. Guy played for Barcelona. Pressure wouldn't be new to him. He just happened to come to us when he was in decline and we had a horrible manager and reportedly dreadful atmosphere around the club. We needed Sancho in like 2011 not 2018.

The rest of his quotes put it in better light. It didn't work out. Wish him the best

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't think many players liked playing here under Mourinho - so he's only telling the truth.

On top of that the fanbase did it's best to turn the club into a shithole for the players, as they were doing whatever they could to fellate the manager.
God, I fecking hate Mourinho. Alexis is basically letting you fill in the blanks there, isn’t he? I‘d be surprised if any of our players genuinely enjoyed it during those last months of Mourinho’s tenure.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
South American’s generally don’t seem to get on at United it’s a weird but definite trend.

Veron, Forlan, Kleberson, Anderson, Di Maria, Falcao, Rojo, Sanchez - all of them failed to live up to the hype or were dog shit. Heinze, Tevez were good but it ended badly. Practically all of those players we are bitter/resentful towards as a fan base and vice-versa.

Exceptions are Rafael, Valencia and Romero.
Bollocks, Anderson loved the club and still does. As did Rafael and Fabio.

Mercurial

He delivered a classic so called 'shit sandwich' in his interview, a technique where the critique giver seemingly feed bunch of steamy smeary crap neatly hidden between a starting and ending positive. Reads like this;

United was Boyhood dream club!! loved since was toddler! omg >>> spray tons of shi................iit >>> brw love the fans, sry couldnt help win silverware!1!!

Some hear the first good, some see the shit inbetween and others say well at least he liked xyz at the end. Bad bosses use this technique all the time too. It's inflammatory and insincere.

At the end of it all Sanchez has 0.0% class and a grand piano reveal won't change that. He was automatic starter for us on astronomical wages. Cost the equivalent of 50m player value transfer alone. Wages added on top.

He sold himself for cold hard money with an understanding and expectation of making a direct impact and be a game changer. What we got was a player with weak mentality displayed and projected troughout. But instead of owning to his shortcomings he wants to save face for his NT crowd and has the audacity to sulk and cry out for a nurturing family experience fail reason as if he was some emerging teenager under gross neglect forced to the bench. Him and his agent should have done their due diligence if they knew he was this thin skinned.

Should have just taken his payday or drop salary to transfer out, be classy and dance into the sunlight and not piss on his former employer and the fans and team that he took so much out of. Thank you Inter for offloading this fragile ego driven fallen diva from our wages!

Myrecks

Why is Alexis getting so much stick over this is saying what I assume most of us already knew back then. That atmosphere at the team was bad, his form was bad, he had injuries etc etc.

What he says about the media is telling to how that stuff can truly affect someone.

Also liked what he said about ole and what a class act he was on having him leave to go to Inter.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
Compared to Falcao who could not reach expectations as well it felt different in my opionion. Falcao tried and you could see that it kind of „hurted“ him not to score and stuff like that.

When I saw Alexis live for the first time for Arsenal he was so mobil and his pressing was insane. He did not even stand out with that at United. Form and everything can drop and you need a bit of luck but at least that should be brought to the table by him.

Don’t know what role Jose played in that case to be fair. You never know.

But I kind of feel sorry for Falcao which is simply not the case with Alexis.

RyRoc

He hasn’t even had a great career. A good one, but not great. His goalscoring record hasn’t been great at any club bar Arsenal, and he’s won nothing bar a La Liga title and 2 FA Cups.
He also won back to back Copa America’s with Chile (their only ever titles) plus is their all time leading goalscorer and is probably considered their greatest all time player. Most players would have loved to have had the career he’s had - it’s just it’s gone pear shaped extremely quickly.

RashyForPM

Here is a lesson to those people always clamoring for the older experienced "winners", some of them are not these tough leaders you think them to be. From Lukaku and now Sanchez it looks like "soft weak minded" players like Martial and Shaw have more mental strength than them 2.
Agreed. Age and experience doesn’t make a leader or winner.

crossy1686

career ending
I can forgive him for not wanting to be at United in a toxic work environment. Anyone that’s changed jobs and found that knows how bad it is.

However, he knows in football that when that happens the manager has 6 months at best before getting replaced and he signed a long deal.

On top of that he sounds like he just can’t handle expectation. It’s pretty poor, and I’m glad Solskjaer is doing proper background checks on signings moving forward. We can’t keep letting this happen.

Falcow

The bit about the journalists is quite telling. Mourinho was allowed his own mouthpiece in the media (Castles) to spread his narrative and misinformation, while the players names were dragged through the mud.
Much and all as Jose was toxic I dont agree with this. Jose gave every support available to Sanchez including derailing Matrials career just to accommodate Sanchez in the team, jose played him week in and week out even when he was shit.

The fact that Sanchez was dross for us was not misinformation, it was fact and everybody could see it all the while Sanchez was the highest paid player in the league.

He had plenty of chances to tear up his contract in the following 2.5 years but didnt so yeah he is talking bollocks.

crossy1686

career ending
Much and all as Jose was toxic I dont agree with this. Jose gave every support available to Sanchez including derailing Matrials career just to accommodate Sanchez in the team, jose played him week in and week out even when he was shit.

The fact that Sanchez was dross for us was not misinformation, it was fact and everybody could see it all the while Sanchez was the highest paid player in the league.

He had plenty of chances to tear up his contract in the following 2.5 years but didnt so yeah he is talking bollocks.
Let’s also be honest, this is a man who launched a clothing line via Twitter after we got beat at Brighton.

I have no sympathy for him.

Eugenius

It's funny how he says the team atmosphere was bad. Probably because you were on 500k a week stinking the joint out and sulking.

Falcow

Let’s also be honest, this is a man who launched a clothing line via Twitter after we got beat at Brighton.

I have no sympathy for him.
Footballers and clothing lines. Unless you are Ronaldo forget about it. Or maybe Beckham

Member 90887

yep, from the full interview it seems like the atmosphere was already very hostile due to Jose.
But also saying he wanted to tear up the contract on the day or 2nd day itself doesn't do him or his image any favours.
Exactly, that's being disrespectful to the club, not Jose. He's doing a Lukaku here.

He was paid 500K a week. he couldn't even manage to place passes sometimes. That's just ridiculous. He looked like an amateur player at best. Jose was playing him over Martial who was in form before. Almost every game for 6 months...

Mercurial

As will Lingard this year. Most of the branding in our squad got closed down shortly after Solskjaer arrived.
Ole Gunnar Solskjær is the smiling assassin, a true embodiment of the old mentality adjusted for a new generation.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
See as much as some still aren’t convinced about Ole, no one will be saying that now. Mourinho and LVG created toxic atmospheres 100%