Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I pretty sure he is popular to you caftards by now but I ll start with a little intro anyway. He is a 21 year old Chilean player who plays for Udinese in Italy. He is known as the '"El Niño Maravilla" which means 'The Wonder Boy'. I know we were linked with him last year as a potential replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo. He is a very talented player and he is definitely one of the guys to watch out for in the 2010 World Cup. I was listening to Tim Vickery the other day on the World Football Phone-In and he described him as a "potential genius of the game".

I think he will suit our system of 4-3-3 because Chile play the same formation and according to Tim, he is EXCELLENT on one-on-one situations. He is pretty versatile - he can play, I think, on both wings and also as a striker if needed. Udinese are currently 15th in the league and are pretty close to relegation and according to those pundits on the show, they might have to sell him because they are at the bottom of the table.

This is what he is capable of doing. This was a couple of years ago when he was at River Plate. He has great pace, he can easily run past defenders. He possesses quite a technical ability. I have watched him play for Udinese a few times and he has had an impact on the game. I dont know how good his left foot is but I m pretty sure he can play on the left. One of the goals in the second video is him cutting in from the left and then shooting.

Now by creating this thread, I m not saying we should splash out and buy him, but what are your views on him lads? Would you prefer him to Valencia on the right wing?

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
If Tim rates him then I'd be a fool to suggest anything other than buying him immediately.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
arsenl bort him on footbal manager in 2012 an he scoored twice aganst me as sundrland in charity chup to win 2 0 on debut, thats all i no hahahhaa

rotherham_red

If Nani didnt have such an upturn in form, I would still be hankering after this lad, he looked the dogs bollocks last summer, and it seems he has "bulked up" and developed since then... Wonderful player.

Devil may care

I've only seen him play one full game for Chile and two games for Udinese so that is not really enough to judge, but one thing I noticed in them all was that he didn't shy away from tracking back and he clearly has natural talent.

If Udinese go down and we could get him for £10M or so I think he'd be an excellent addition to supplement Nani and Valencia.

RDCR07

I've only seen him play one full game for Chile and two games for Udinese so that is not really enough to judge, but one thing I noticed in them all was that he didn't shy away from tracking back and he clearly has natural talent.

If Udinese go down and we could get him for £10M or so I think he'd be an excellent addition to supplement Nani and Valencia.
I really doubt he'd be available for 10M. That is a really low price for such a talent. That would be a real steal for anyone.

MUFC07

I've followed him since the Copa Sudamericana some years ago, when he played for Colo Colo. This lad has got potential. I think he would suit any of our wings and our style of play, he is a great talent, I wouldn't mind spending a fair amount of money on him. I really rate him.

I expect the "needs to bulk up comments" to appear in no time.

Ekeke

He's good, but we have our right winger. And he's not as good as Krasic so even if we didnt have 2 good right wingers, I wouldnt want this one.

davisjw

Ben Arfa, Alexis Sanchez, Eden Hazard, Di Maria, Mata, Silva, Capel etc.
I'd take them all. Having extras in case of injuries is what the reserve team is for. They'll get enough playing time one way or the other.

RDCR07

He's good, but we have our right winger. And he's not as good as Krasic so even if we didnt have 2 good right wingers, I wouldnt want this one.
I guess you haven't watched Sanchez play. I have watched them both and Sanchez is better and has more time on his hands to improve.

Ekeke

I guess you haven't watched Sanchez play. I have watched them both and Sanchez is better and has more time on his hands to improve.
I guess you need to stop assuming things. I've seen him several times for Chile, but not for Udinese. He's talented, with a trick and he's got nice pace.

He is not better than Krasic. In fact he's nowhere near from the games I've seen.

RDCR07

I guess you need to stop assuming things. I've seen him several times for Chile, but not for Udinese. He's talented, with a trick and he's got nice pace.

He is not better than Krasic. In fact he's nowhere near from the games I've seen.
I guess you did not read the second part of my sentence. He has time on his hands to improve and become much much better than Krasic if he is not already better than him.

Devil may care

I noticed he scored at the weekend, the goal wasn't much but judging from the celebration he doesn't need to bulk up.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Sanchez looks a good prospect but he is one I doubt we'll be buying imo.

Krasic atm I rate higher but Sanchez has a good ceiling with potential and can be much much better. Hes raw right now but has all the tools. In fact like Cromanc mentioned, like a certain portugese before we bought him. If fergie doest fancy him, it will be good buy though again a work in progress.

also not sure about Obertan being mentioned, hes a much more comfortable on the left and him and nani seem to occupy our left side for next season, with giggs backing up and nani sliding out right if needed.

rotherham_red

I noticed he scored at the weekend, the goal wasn't much but judging from the celebration he doesn't need to bulk up.

retard cafites who based their whole view of him on the back of youtube videos that they've just seen of him from a 18 months ago, what did you expect they were gonna say?

He's outstanding, but I feel we're gonna back Nani, especially since he signed the new contract. Have to admit though, his acceleration from a standing start is eerily reminiscent of Ronnie. If we were gonna buy him, we should have done it last year, if he has a good world cup, which I'm pretty sure he will, his value will go upwards of £15-20m IMHO

Ekeke

I presume he wanted to say that we have player of similar characteristics in our team already in Obertan and maybe splashing 15 million on Sanchez wouldn't be a good idea...
Not really. Just that buying Sanchez on the basis of "He has time on his side to become a better player than Krasic" is not a good idea. There are plenty of players who have time on their side to become better than players a few years older. And we have a few of them already.

Ekeke

Now that you do mention it though, Obertan does have similar characteristics. Both fast with a trick, questionable crossing. Sanchez has a better finish. And Obertan is a bit younger so "he has time on his side to become better than Sanchez" :angel:

RDCR07

I presume he wanted to say that we have player of similar characteristics in our team already in Obertan and maybe splashing 15 million on Sanchez wouldn't be a good idea...
Originally posted by Ekeke
Not really. Just that buying Sanchez on the basis of "He has time on his side to become a better player than Krasic" is not a good idea. There are plenty of players who have time on their side to become better than players a few years older. And we have a few of them already.
I guess both you guys did not read the OP properly. I said in the OP by creating this thread, I m not saying we should splash our cash and buy this lad but I just wanted yo know what are your views on him? And would you prefer him to Valencia on the right wing?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Mirror reporting were in for him again.

Decotron

meh

Mirror reporting were in for him again.
"Chilean wonderkid Alexis Sanchez wants to earn himself a move to the Premier League this summer.

Udinese starlet Sanchez, 21, has set his heart on playing his way into a move to England at the World Cup in South Africa.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Lyon have all looked at the forward who is being tipped to be one of the stars of the tournament after an impressive qualifying campaign.

Sanchez said: "My agent has told me that a lot of big clubs have asked about me. I'm still focused on Udinese, but I have personal ambitions this summer and England and Spain are sensational leagues."

RDCR07

I really wish we get him. Attacking winger is his naturally position along with being a striker. He would suit us perfectly in a 4-3-3 formation

Devil may care

According to Tim Vickery, he is Chile's most potent weapon and their most important player and everyone there is counting on him to do the job.
Well I think he is a talent and could develop into something special here, but he plays predominantly on the right wing and is not really a goal scorer, I just think this summer should be about getting a couple of established class players in.

032Devil

Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez hopes he can win a move to England this summer.

The Chile international has been a long-term target for United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, while he has also been watched by Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp this past season.

"My agent has told me that a lot of big clubs have asked about me. I'm still focused on Udinese, but I have personal ambitions this summer and England and Spain are sensational leagues," said Sanchez.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Udinese has some good talent in the team. D'Agostino, Di Natale, Sanchez, Pepe (very close to sign with Juventus) and Inler. They are a selling club so if we want Sanchez then I doubt that they would ask a ridiculously amount of money for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.